The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That dress is just...I am speechless with how ugly it is. Did she swipe it from someones 80s party??????

Not fond of the shiny fabric, but the color and fit are flattering- and her jewels are gorgeous!

That is honestly the most "Diana before she got style" dress that Catherine has ever worn.

Ugh.

I have yet to see the dress with good lighting ....so it's hard to tell about the fabric.

LaRae

Lee McQueen will be positively REVOLVING in his Grave, having had his name attached to so conventional a gown !
I loathe 'shiny, shiny' fabric, but admit that it does flatter the Duchess' sensational figure...

That is honestly the most "Diana before she got style" dress that Catherine has ever worn.

Ugh.

Nope, nope nope...great color and fit but the taffeta is an 80's revival that does not need to return.

Dear Lawd! That dress screams Disco Diana! Not a good look on her.

I love the colour. I think this is a first for Catherine.

Nope, nope nope...great color and fit but the taffeta is an 80's revival that does not need to return.

Honestly, someone could go on a crusade to round up every single mermaid silhouette dress in existence to burn and I'd be there with the lighter fluid.

I like the colour. The style and fabric are both "bad trip" acid flashback material.

Completely outside her comfort zone, but I am glad to see her experiment with more "Princessy" gowns.

I think she looks great tonight and her jewels are stunning !

Hel-I will need to message you but do I have a bridesmaid dress story to share with you. This dress was made out of Mylar. ? I wore it on a dare for my bachelorette party.

I'd have liked Catherine's gown if it weren't taffeta, which just makes it look like she forgot to iron it and that she's raided an '80's costume set. It's a shame because otherwise it would have been gorgeous, especially with the tiara she's wearing.

Last edited:
Yeah, bye. This has got to be the worst dress she has EVER worn. I do not get this. Who thought this design, fabric and color was a good idea? This dress is McQueen, but isn't even worth Target.

I’m not feeling this dress at all. Kate usually hits it out of the park with her gowns, but this one isn’t good.

I’m loving the tiara/jewels and the RFO though.

The colour is really nice on the duchess and the jewels hairstyle all hit high notes but the fabric/material of the gown lets it down.

No no no. Just not a good dress at all.

I love it on her...she looks amazing. It's a great color and style/fit for her and the bling she's wearing.

LaRae

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 8: March 2017 -

I guess I’m in the minority- I like this. I wasn’t sure about the fabric, but in this pic, it looks really good on her.

The grey-blue is a nice color on her. Fit is amazing. Jewels incredible. Hair gorgeous.

Last edited:
She looks as though she is wearing one of Princess Diana's old dresses from the 1980's and it makes her look old!:eek:
Those fabulous jewels required a simple dress...the heavy taffetta and the ruched material is way too heavy.

Oh well...the saving grace are the jewels!:flowers:

Last edited:
I like it. I wasn’t sure until the hq pics but now that I’ve seen it up close it’s a win for me. Colour is gorgeous and the dress fits Catherine like a glove.

Last edited:
I quite like this dress. I only wish I could pull off a gown like this.

And, as a seamstress, every fabric has pros and cons. Depending on the project I love a good taffeta sometimes, other times brocade, or a printed silk, or even a heavy satin. I like the fact that Kate is trying something different than her usual Jenny Packham collection (gorgeous though most of those are) for evening wear.

You said the exact word I could not remember Julianna! . Cumpled...it looks as though it wasn't ironed or dry cleaned. It's the material...the taffeta looks too heavy.

$10,000 bespoke dress...queue the DF article!:whistling:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom