The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks shocking what was she thinking

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

See, and I liked it. A sort of double breasted/wrap shirt dress in a pretty print. The midi length is fashionable just now - even if we all hate it - it is being shown. And I thought the poppy print was an interesting digital take on a familiar form.
And red shoes always make me smile. Always.

It could look nice on some one else maybe but not on Kate. Posture, hair, etc

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

That really looks like a nightgown/dressing gown. I don't remember this dress and I can see why.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree, pleased to see several others do too

It could be a lovely dress, but in another size/fitting, and another length.

Not a fan. The boudice is too loose, and the skirt part feels like a curtain. The material doesn't seem suited to an evening look. Definitely not the glamorous look I was expecting from title of the DM article. Not even a great color or lovely hair style to make it stand out. :sad:

I don't care for it. Why the sudden obsession with crochet or cut-out designs? Kate seems to have worn so many lately.

The upper half is awful. It's one of her worst looks. She certainly has more impressive gowns, some that she has never repeated.

I have to agree that it is not the best look. What is the obsession with wearing such dull white, beige and cream colored clothing lately? Color is not a bad thing Kate!!

It's not the worst outfit Kate has worn, but it's not the best either. All I could say when I saw the crocheted top was how awfully itchy it must have been to wear!

On the one hand I do quite like this dress, but the matronly style of the top half is at odds with the fact that the skirt has quite a split in it!

It's a nice dress. Self-Portrait has really nice, affordable evening wear and the split adds a sexiness the dress otherwise wouldn't have.

Hmmm I want to like this...but I just don't. It doesn't look like it fits well...it's just boring. The top and skirt don't look right together.

I like her shoes..I like her brooch..maybe her earrings.

LaRae

I don't like it and it the crocheted top looks odd,not one of her better looks.

The more I look at the pictures, the more I don't get the daisy's at her neck? Why?

Last edited by a moderator:
i wouldn't say this is bad, but it is not among my favourite dresses of kate. but then again, this was a low key premiere compared to others she has attended so she couldn't bring out too much dazzle. i think it was appropriate, just not overly exciting. i do like the all white look - with the flowy skirt, it is rather dreamy.

I'm not a fan of this dress at all. It's not doing her any favors.

I haven't liked her last couple of evening gowns and this isn't doing it for me either. It is an odd mixture with the high necked, bodice and the floaty, full skirt with a high slit. Very few of the pictures are complimentary - whatever the material of the skirt is, it doesn't move well. About time we saw some repeats of her lovely Indian wardrobe.

this wasn't just a single red carpet event. The first one was with families incl babies who have recovered from addiction. She viewed short films that they had made. Hardly an event for diamonds, silks, satins or whatever. Then she had to move on to the red carpet event.

I think that what she wore bridged the divide between 2 v different events.

Not loving this look. For some reason I dislike the slit. It would have been a classier look without that. Which earrings are they? Haven't seen a good look at them.

I'm not a fan of the white dress (though it goes well with Ginger Bob:lol:) but I support her right to wear whatever she likes. There's such a lot of lovely clothes out there, but I rarely truly like anything Kate chooses (although there's nothing wrong with what she chooses, just not my taste).

Catherine's look at the premiere was so unflattering and the dress did nothing to her. The sleeves and the top half look a size too big, waits down makes her look much wider than she is. The hair and make up is her daytime styling look. Her red clutch looks like a pouch bag, so not elegant.

Wind is not Kate's friend, we all know that.

Her posture is horrible and she still seems to be very insecure or nervous - at least via body language - about where to stand, go, wave, maybe that has to do with the bad posture, having to fight with the hair and skirt while pressing the clutch to the spot where the legs start, what looks unfortunate anyway.

A few off-topic posts have been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom