The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 7: April 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very elegant. Lovely gems too.

LaRae

One of my favorites from her wardrobe. Glad to see that she's wearing it again.

Pretty gown, but the shade is too subtle for her dark colouring I feel.

One of her few evening looks I absolutely love:flowers: I agree, could do with being in a brighter color, but happy she brought this one out of the closet.

So elegant. This is a real classy look and I like the subtle shade - a brighter colour would have made the gown too flashy with the shiny embellishments.
Kate is looking so good this summer and we can't complain about any lack of a variety in the way her hair is styled.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

^^ lol I was just thinking that about her hair. Her low chignon is lovely. Very elegant look.

I like the pink dress even better now than I did the first time. Not sure why exactly.

I likes the dress when she wore it back in 2010 and I still like it though she looks thinner. I also love when she repeats cu I know it pisses the press off.

Very nice dress,with a good. Neckline for her. Her hair looks really lovely from the side and back but not from the front. Needed better styling in the front. The orangey highlights fight with the color of the dress.

The pink gown is stunning! Very regal, elegant, and refined. This is one of her best looks.

Very nice dress,with a good. Neckline for her. Her hair looks really lovely from the side and back but not from the front. Needed better styling in the front. The orangey highlights fight with the color of the dress.
I have to agree. It is a lovely gown but her makeup looks very heavy and harsh. It puts years on her.

The Duchess looked absolutely stunning and a great gown,the jewels and hair were perfect too!

She looked great! The dress is one of her few best evening dresses Imo. The hairstyle was spot on with the dress.

This looked so much better style wise then the first time she wore it.

What a difference an updo makes. So much more elegant and modern without the long hair in the way

Mine is an unpopular opinion as I don't particularly like that dress. The upper part is great but the bottom not so much. The fabric looks like it has been scratched by a cat and this effect makes it look cheap. I prefer the dress the first time round though,as IMO this is a gown that goes with locks down rather than with a chignon.

i am so glad she recycled this gown - it is so beautiful, it deserved a second outing. probably one of my favourite evening gowns of her.

I think Catherine looked gorgeous last night. I love the colours of her dress, they suit her well. I also liked her hair.

Looks an interesting style. Look forward to seeing some more pics.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The DM has some nice pictures. This is a terrific dress and Katherine looks wonderful in it. For those who have wanted something different, this is IT!

I hope we can get better pics soon...but I like it from what I see there...and her hair looks fab. Can't tell if there's any jewelry (other than her rings).

LaRae

Kate wearing a £1,580 gown by relatively unknown Brazilian-born, London-based designer Barbara Casasola - who studied at Central Saint Martins - for an awards ceremony at the Natural History Museum in London

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/06/20/3603A90300000578-3677602-image-a-28_1467833430874.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/06/20/3603A91500000578-3677602-image-a-30_1467833450514.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/06/20/3603C3C700000578-3677602-image-a-36_1467834150734.jpg

She looks fantastic! Love the dress.

At first look, I can't say that I love this dress. It's different, yes, but not in a good way for me.

I think Catherine looks beautiful. At first I didn't like the dress, though after taking a second, closer look at it; I like it a lot. I think it's light and fresh.

I rarely comment on clothes but when I saw this dress on Kate, I just had to think it was so perfect for her. Minimalistic and a very modern art kind of design that really suits her perfectly. I had to laugh at one of the headlines describing what Kate wore as "daring". It might have been daring back in the period where showing one's ankles was risque' but nothing daring about this dress.

I love it.

For me the off-shoulder look on this new dress just highlights Kate's bad posture and the way she hunches round her shoulders. To carry of this dress she needs to stand up straight and then it would look better. Also feel that her hair in and up-do would have improved the look. Not sure about the sandal choice as well - you don't need to be matchy these days but the colour is and odd choice for the dress and bag.
A miss for me, Kate has nicer cocktail dresses in her closet that are worthy of a recycle.

Last edited:
Catherine looks fantastic. One of my favorite dresses.

I love this dress! It's different, yet not costumey...she looks beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom