The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 05-15-2016, 08:53 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,412
I have to agree, beautiful pieces separate but not together.

The red coat was not appropriate for the event. Or with the dress. I would love to see it come out again, the color is great on her and love the neckline. But it didn't fit the formal event. If she wore red to match the men, red accessories would have been more appropriate. The men have red detailing on an otherwise dark outfit, so they don't jump out. Besides, the men's outfits are the royal uniform for Windsor.

The dress is quite lovely. I wish we had seen more of it, maybe just the shall with the dress. I hope we see it again and get a better look.

Have to agree the updo was a bit matronly with the outfit.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-15-2016, 09:02 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The red coat was not appropriate for the event. Or with the dress. I would love to see it come out again, the color is great on her and love the neckline. But it didn't fit the formal event. If she wore red to match the men, red accessories would have been more appropriate. The men have red detailing on an otherwise dark outfit, so they don't jump out. Besides, the men's outfits are the royal uniform for Windsor.
Precisely!
__________________

__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: North Bay, Canada
Posts: 59
Not my favourite outfit but the red is a spectacular colour on Kate. With Cams in white and QE in blue, Kate in red makes sense. British flag nicely represented by the three most senior ladies
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-15-2016, 09:10 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrobug View Post
Not my favourite outfit but the red is a spectacular colour on Kate. With Cams in white and QE in blue, Kate in red makes sense. British flag nicely represented by the three most senior ladies
Nice catch!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 05-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 2,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrobug View Post
Not my favourite outfit but the red is a spectacular colour on Kate. With Cams in white and QE in blue, Kate in red makes sense. British flag nicely represented by the three most senior ladies
I agree Macrobug. The ladies all looked lovely in those colors found in the Union Jack and as others pointed out it coordinates with the Windsor jackets worn by the men in the family.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-15-2016, 11:32 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I too, think the outfit a fail. The pieces are good, but the sum... As she is just there out of love, it's fine, because it really is all about the Queen.

But I refuse to kvetch about the hair. In general people whine about it being worn down. Now in the evening, she wears it up and there are complaints. Nits IMHO!
My reservations about the updo were that while it is beautiful it was also an intricate updo that one would expect to see with a tiara, and a gorgeous evening gown rather that what everyone else was wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Surely if Kate comprehended that it really is all about the Queen, she wouldn't have worn that attention-seeking red coat.
We can only speculate as to her reasoning.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-16-2016, 12:31 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 228
Macrobug, that was my thought too, when I saw a long shot -- the Queen in the center with blue, Camilla on her right in white, and Catherine on her left in red. I also considered the possiblity that Camilla didn't want both of them wearing white...:)
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-16-2016, 01:08 AM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
Macrobug, that was my thought too, when I saw a long shot -- the Queen in the center with blue, Camilla on her right in white, and Catherine on her left in red. I also considered the possiblity that Camilla didn't want both of them wearing white...:)
If Kate went red and white why not add blue.

I doubt Camilla is to blame for Catherine's chose of clothes.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-16-2016, 02:37 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...3343111175.jpg

I agree with others, a very strange look. The jacket looks a few sizes too big.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-16-2016, 02:57 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,611
Was the weather unexpectedly chilly? This almost seems like she didn't expect to need to wear a coat and just grabbed one last minute
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-16-2016, 03:15 AM
Elly C's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Was the weather unexpectedly chilly? This almost seems like she didn't expect to need to wear a coat and just grabbed one last minute

Yes the temperatures have been very chilly in the evenings in the last few days. I think your explanation is probably the most likely scenario. The Queen and Camilla seem to have solved this dilemma more successfully. Incidentally the Queen's outfit is described as "sea green" , so the red, white and blue theory , although a nice idea, doesn't hold.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-16-2016, 04:18 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 4,381
The lady sitting between Charles and Andrew is wearing red.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cij13h3WwAAgMJh.jpg

I'm not a fashion expert, but looking at the front row, Camilla and The Queen stand out just as much as Catherine. Only the Landgrave's wife is wearing black. I think they all look lovely.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-16-2016, 05:27 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The lady sitting between Charles and Andrew is wearing red.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cij13h3WwAAgMJh.jpg

I'm not a fashion expert, but looking at the front row, Camilla and The Queen stand out just as much as Catherine. Only the Langrave's wife is wearing black. I think they all look lovely.
I suppose it's possible that it's a colour-perception thing, but to me, and, I think, to the majority of people, that vibrant red Kate's wearing is an attention-seeking colour that screams "Look At Me, I'm powerful and important and/or hoping to turn you on", whereas the white of Camilla's dress and turquoise of HM's never could.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-16-2016, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 4,381
I don't know about the 'majority of people'. It's the usual people.

The lady next to Charles is wearing red, and for me the white of Camilla's dress stands out against the black more the Catherine's red.

Catherine can wear any colour and she stands out. She's the most photographed member of the family. The focus is always on her
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-16-2016, 05:39 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 4,925
Personally I can't put too much stock in Catherine's choice to wear red - analysing all the possibilities is just speculative and time-consuming.

As for the jacket itself, I would have preferred an elegant cape or wrap!
__________________
JACK
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-16-2016, 06:31 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I don't know about the 'majority of people'. It's the usual people.

The lady next to Charles is wearing red, and for me the white of Camilla's dress stands out against the black more the Catherine's red.

Catherine can wear any colour and she stands out. She's the most photographed member of the family. The focus is always on her
Whoa! This really has nothing to do with Kate. This is not an attack on her or her choices. However, since she studied art history for four years, I sincerely hope that she would have picked up some knowledge of the impact of that bright blood red colour on the human psyche and emotions. I suppose it's possible she has that red/green colour blindness though and doesn't perceive it the same way other people do.

Bright red is the colour of lust, power, dominance, danger, and numerous other responses in humans and other animals, and this is the reason politicians wear red ties. Google it.

If she did choose to wear it so she would stand out, it was poor form on her part to do that at her husband's grandmother's 90th birthday celebrations when Elizabeth should be the focal point.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-16-2016, 06:32 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,674
That outift was a total miss. Even the so called fashion blogs claimed it. The swing jacket was lovely but that dress was awful, and paired with the red jacket it was too much.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-16-2016, 06:52 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
The dress itself looks very nice so is the jacket but together it didn't work. The dress is too dressy for such a daytime/plain jacket. Something like a wrap would've been so much nicer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-16-2016, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 4,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Whoa! This really has nothing to do with Kate. This is not an attack on her or her choices. However, since she studied art history for four years, I sincerely hope that she would have picked up some knowledge of the impact of that bright blood red colour on the human psyche and emotions. I suppose it's possible she has that red/green colour blindness though and doesn't perceive it the same way other people do.

Bright red is the colour of lust, power, dominance, danger, and numerous other responses in humans and other animals, and this is the reason politicians wear red ties. Google it.

If she did choose to wear it so she would stand out, it was poor form on her part to do that at her husband's grandmother's 90th birthday celebrations when Elizabeth should be the focal point.
And what message was Camilla trying to convey in white...?

Again, Kate doesn't have to wear certain colours to stand out. Everywhere she goes, the press follows. She was two seats away from the Queen.

I'm wearing a red wind breaker today, not because I'm trying to convey coded messages of lust, power and domination, but because I like the colour.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-16-2016, 08:06 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 11,557
Kate Middleton wears £49.99 Zara blazer to Queen Elizabeth II's birthday show | Daily Mail Online
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
the duchess of cambridge, the duchess of cambridge eveningwear


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 4: April 2016 - dazzling Royal House of Fashion 144 11-30-2016 01:19 PM
The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016 dazzling Archives 528 04-24-2016 04:31 AM
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 17: January 2016 - April 2016 iceflower Archives 680 04-24-2016 04:22 AM
Queen Máxima's Eveningwear Part 3: March 2015 - April 2016 dazzling Archives 400 04-15-2016 04:00 AM
The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear, Part 1: June 2011 - November 2011 dazzling Archives 399 11-11-2011 05:20 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish calendar duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style ingrid alexandra kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy movies new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises