The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 5: October 2013 - October 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My reactions to Catherine's appearance at the Mandela premiere:

a) Not a fan of the hair, but appreciate that she is experimenting with different styles. Lesson ought to be learnt from this appearance.

b) Great to see the Roland Mouret dress again. I think it is lovely.

c) It is also good to see Catherine recycle the dress. Despite press commentary to contrary, I think she could reuse her clothes a lot more than she does at the moment.

d) I think the necklace was just fine. Whilst I loved the sleek appearance when she first wore this dress to the Claridges in 2012, I think the dress is versatile enough to take on a statement piece like this necklace. I also think there is no problem with the necklace being from Zara

e) Not a fan of the black shoes and handbag. Too stark in my opinion. I am sure she could have found better!

The dress is alright, but I don't like her hair. It looks messy. I also do not like that paste necklace as it cheapens the whole look.

Just saw a rear view and the exposed zipper isn't centrally located! How weird and Agree that the Cartier necklace would have looked much better w/the boat neckline and the black accessories were jarring.

Perfect for an Actress going to a world première but not for a Royal Highness.

I'm glad she recycled this Rouland Mouret dress. It's one of my favourites of her and I think she wore it better this time than the last one. Maybe because the hair is up and we can see the details of the shoulders. I don't mind the black pumps either.
I like the hair, though from certain perspectives it looked a bit too much on the top-back of her head. But overall, nice move.
About the necklace, it's not bad but a true one would have been fantastic (similar to this one or even the Cartier pendant as suggested above). This one just looks too cheap for a premiere.

Overall I like the dress and it looks good on Catherine. The only thing I don't like about it is how it's cut (is this the correct word to use?) around her leg. Not because I think it's too revealing, but because it's a matter of taste. Her necklace is also nice but it's a bit much IMO.

Words fail me . . . thigh high gown flapping in the breeze, ugly 20 pound tat ruining the neckline and what on earth is with her hair? :ohmy:

Perhaps she's been taking hairstyling tips from CP Victoria. ;) :D

I do quite like this dress for its simplicity and the cut is very nice. The slit is somewhat Shirley Bassey-esqe and I would have preferred real diamond accessories.

I think I forgot to mention how much I like the gown, despite the exposure. This is a gown that looks best with no jewelry, well maybe a brooch. The details are very fine and can stand on their own.

Perfect for an Actress going to a world première but not for a Royal Highness.
Ermm . . . I can't think of one actress that would be seen dead with hair like that on the red carpet! As for the slit in the dress? Well even Angelina gave a deliberate front on pose exposing the same length of leg, it's just that Catherine gave us an unconscious view of her inside thigh. Don't get me wrong, if she had been on a beach wearing a swimsuit it would have been perfectly appropriate but, on the red carpet . . . no, just no!

. . . Perhaps she's been taking hairstyling tips from CP Victoria. ;) :D
If so I hope she's signed up for another half dozen lessons before Christmas! :whistling:

Last edited:
Loved the black lace dress before, still love it now. Catherine looks lovely. I am liking her hair this color, just wish she would do more with it. That will come in time, or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I like the dress she's wearing tonight. She looks really good in it. The only thing I wish were different, is her hair. She's worn her hair down with this dress a few times, so it would have been nice to see her change it up a little and wear different hairstyle.

Ermm . . . I can't think of one actress that would be seen dead with hair like that on the red carpet! As for the slit in the dress? Well even Angelina gave a deliberate front on pose exposing the same length of leg, it's just that Catherine gave us an unconscious view of her inside thigh. Don't get me wrong, if she had been on a beach wearing a swimsuit it would have been perfectly appropriate but, on the red carpet . . . no, just no!

I can actually think of tons. Anne Hathaway,Blake Lively, Sandra Bullock, Zoe Saldana. Just to name a few. The hairstyle Kate wore is actually really popular on red carpets.

As for her dress showing inner thigh, I don't understand how that's less appropriate than showing the outer part of her thigh. In fact, I don't see how showing any part of her thigh is a big deal. And let's not pretend showing thigh is something new for a royal. Diana herself exposed a little thigh at a premiere.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/184506915957723004/

Last edited:
I´m not a fan of this long lace dress. In every photo I see of it, it looks more like a curtain than a dress.

I think this is one polarizing dress. For the life of me, I can't see how it is worse than 95% of the royal evening wear out there. But, clearly no one is convincing anyone else. :whistling:

I'd give my right thigh to look that good in this dress. But then. I'd have to give up at least one thigh to fit into it! :lol:
I do think the necklace is a great match for the bracelet and earrings. Matches without being matchy matchy. It also is simple enough to look great for dressed down looks.

Last edited:
I think this is one polarizing dress. For the life of me, I can't see how it is worse than 95% of the royal evening wear out there. But, clearly no one is convincing anyone else. :whistling:

I'd give my right thigh to look that good in this dress. But then. I'd have to give up at least one thigh to fit into it! :lol:
I do the necklace is a great match for the bracelet and earrings. Matches without being matchy matchy. It also is simple enoug to look great for dressed down looks.

Im with you - I think this is a great dress. She looks good and is obviously comfortable in it, and its not always easy to achieve both in one dress.

Everyone has their "go-to" dress and this is hers at the moment. I dont think she is giving time to lots of new clothes.

She's stunning, she might do something with her hair but that's okay :)
I absolutely love her dress!! :flowers:

Here are some additional large pictures:

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

What surprises me is picture 2. I have never seen W&K talking with a couple taller than they are! Unless there are steps involved...?

Good to see her recycling her evening dresses - it may not be a massive favourite of mine and there are other dresses that I would love her to recycle as well.

Interesting that she choose to wear dark tights with the dress - normally not something she does.

I like the dress she's wearing tonight. She looks really good in it. The only thing I wish were different, is her hair. She's worn her hair down with this dress a few times, so it would have been nice to see her change it up a little and wear different hairstyle.

I can actually think of tons. Anne Hathaway,Blake Lively, Sandra Bullock, Zoe Saldana. Just to name a few. The hairstyle Kate wore is actually really popular on red carpets.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/184506915957723004/
thanks for digging up all those actresses wearing the messy ponytail style kate tried recently. They all look terrible in it, especially poor Sandra Bullock.
The black lace gown is just ok, the way her hair obsures the neckline bothers me, I want to see the neckline, necklace and earrings. This dress cries out for a hairstyle.

I like the lace dress. I'm glad Catherine recycled it.

I'm not understanding what is going on with the hair. This is one time she should have worn it up of down not in a ponytail. If she had to put it in a ponytail it should have been styled differently with some curls and a nice tie around her hair.
The dress is ok, nothing special, like that she wore black shoes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom