The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 5: October 2013 - October 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looks fantastic and I love the low ponytail she's sporting. It's different from how she usually wears her hair and I hope she continues trying out different hairstyles. The only thing I'm not too keen about are the shoes. I don't think the black pumps are the best choice for this dress.

She looked great in the tiara from the other night, wish we also had a photo of the dress.

Last edited:
I'm quite surprised to see Kate wearing a French designer. I thought there was some kind of untold rule saying that British royal ladies must wear UK brands . I'm not complaining, she's looking sexy as hell...
I don't care about the Zara necklace. If she wants to be known as the highstreet princess, that's her problem.
My only complain is about her hair : a ponytail ? C'mon !

It appears Princess Beatrice was also wearing the necklace yesterday.

I think that a necklace with some gold tones would have looked nicer with the shade of the dress. I'm not a fan of dresses cut that high, but she's following the fashion rule by covering up elsewhere. All in all, I like the general look. :flowers:

It appears Princess Beatrice was also wearing the necklace yesterday.

I've looked at the pix and it seems similar but doesnt seem to be on the same scale as the one DoC is wearing and it looks as though there is gold coloured metal. Need someone with forensic eyesight on this one (which counts me out)

She looks fine. She always looks fine to fantastic. I'm not a fan of the messy ponytail.

Oh I love this. IMO she looks superb from head to toe.

She looks fine; people are always saying she should try different hairstyles yet are critical when she does.
I like her dress, but I'm glad she tried to give it a new twist with contrasting accessories and that necklace.

I'm not a fan of the necklace at all. As soon as I caught a glimpse of the chains that fasten the necklace it was obvious that it was paste and looked cheap. If she wanted to wear a large statement piece to dress up or change the look of a gown that she has worn in the past perhaps borrowing something that is authentic or a statement piece that is a bit more original. Her make up was lovely, the dress is very pretty but I wasn't a fan of the hair. It was a bit too messy for my liking and didn't match the style of dress and large necklace. A younger, hipper less elegant dress would have worked better with the hairstyle.

Meh...it's ok. Not a fan of the dress or the necklace. I think the extension of the slit is a bit much.

LaRae

Meh...it's ok. Not a fan of the dress or the necklace. I think the extension of the slit is a bit much.

LaRae

Really - has it? EDIT: I've looked at pictures form both occasions and it looks the same to me. Angles can of course be deceiving. Agree to differ on this one.

In one of ths pics that slit is way up on her thigh...it's too much.

LaRae

Not mad about the outfit that the Duchess wore to the premiere of "Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom".

I love the white dress. I love the simplicity of it; very classic and elegant. I just don't like the necklace or the hair.

I like the look. For those that don't like it with the black shoes, maybe it was on purpose. Black and White together for the Mandela premier.

I like the look. For those that don't like it with the black shoes, maybe it was on purpose. Black and White together for the Mandela premier.

Interesting theory! It seems as though black shoes with white gowns (and vice versa) have been a staple on the runways and red carpets these last few months. Sometimes it looks sharp, sometimes clunky. Welcome to TRF!

I love the white dress. I love the simplicity of it; very classic and elegant. I just don't like the necklace or the hair.
I fully agree with you. A polished ponytail would have been much better.
I'm quite surprised to see Kate wearing a French designer. I thought there was some kind of untold rule saying that British royal ladies must wear UK brands . I'm not complaining, she's looking sexy as hell...
I don't care about the Zara necklace. If she wants to be known as the highstreet princess, that's her problem.
My only complain is about her hair : a ponytail ? C'mon !

Roland Mouret's dresses are timelessly elegant. His attention to tailoring and asymmetry are superb. You are right about the necklace. Cheap bijouterie, Chanel or Zara, is still cheap.

Last edited:
Not bad at all. Now that we know what she likes in a blingy neck-piece, maybe someone will get her one. Diamonds, graduated ropes that look geometric overall. 18-20 inches in platinum. William, are you listening?

I've decided Mrs. Cambridge (Wales, Windsor-Mountbatten, whatever) thinks her legs are worth showing off. I like a woman with a positive body image. :p
Oh and can anyone tell is she was wearing her diamond bracelet, because, I would nor have - with that necklace.

Catherine wore this dress before and she still looks great in it.

Catherine was stunning. So elegant.

Nice, nothing to knock your socks off. :lol:

LaRae

Same here. The slit up the thigh is a bit extreme, and I don't care for the necklace or the loose ponytail either.

Same here. The slit up the thigh is a bit extreme, and I don't care for the necklace or the loose ponytail either.
I agree.
I wonder if a new, more fresh, less made-up look is called for, too. The tiara the other evening was diminished, I thought, by the heavy eye-makeup drawing attention. :flowers:

Love the dress and the necklace too. At least she tried to do something different with her hair but it turned out just messy. I wish she would try a low chignon or low loose braid like CP Mary sports.

Catherine recycles her Roland Mouret white dress which I really like. Hair looked a bit untidy IMO, left open or all pulled up would've worked nicer. The necklace was a mistake and looked odd with the neckline shape. I really liked how she matched all the black with the look (heels and clutch) and instead of the necklace a nice black belt would've worked nicer.

I like the dress, I just prefer the styling she did the last time with the shoes, bag and hair. This time around when you look at her, you are either distracted by the hair or the necklace or the shoes. Last time around, the look was very put together and definitely stylish (and sexy too!).

I like the hairstyle but dress & necklace seem very unflattering to me.

I love everything but not together I don't like heavy neckalces with boatnecks anf the shoes are too heavy IMO I love her hair.

Well it wasn't black, or lace so I'll give her that.
The £20 necklace was a failure, wear it on the weekend not to a world premiere. Her again, is boring and lifeless.
I don't mind about the slit, but I think it was pointless considering the weather, I don't think she ever watches the weather report.

Now this - http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/06/article-2519133-19E1400500000578-452_634x885.jpg, in a different colour, slightly raised at the clevage area would have been perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom