The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-24-2014, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
The dress is okay but the heavy eyeliner and the black accessories are too serious for such a soft lace look.
I think the lace is too heavy and open and to my mind, did not flatter her figure in any way, but agree the heavy eyeliner was too serious, in fact I would go further and say her whole makeup look was very heavy and, as another poster commented, made her look hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Yes a brighter lipstick would have helped. Thank you for the link to the back/side view of the hair. I still feel there are better up dos for Kate and I actually think the other views show it is not as neat a style as it should be with lots of pins showing- I think her hairdresser must be tired too.

What do others think about the shoes and clutch bag, because I think these are really poor choices.
Hmm, I was very disappointed with the her hair. If Catherine had put it up herself well, with her heavy schedule, it would have been fine. But, she took a hairdresser and that has got to be one of the most messy and unfinished looks I have seen from a 'professional'. I also think the front didn't have any 'lift' and looked very heavy around her face which accentuated the 'tired' look.

As for the accessories, well I agree they are too heavy to wear with lace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
This look does nothing for her. The dress doesn't give her shape or definition and that hairstyle... An updo is always great but that's a little too old.
In a nutshell.

I would be very surprised if she wasn't tired. I know there are people who think that a Royal Tour is a doddle but I strongly disagree. The amount of prep work required throughout a tour this long must be incredible and, add that to mixing the wardrobe, etc. I think she has done pretty well across the whole tour. Some fabulous hits, some ho hum repeats and some just plain misses. But that's what this thread is all about.

Props to both of them for being up in the wee hours for the ANZAC Dawn Parade and Service. It must have been chilly as she apperared to have bundled up with her white or cream scarf wrapped up high around her neck.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Me too, I so love lace and have lace curtains in my home. My very favorite fabric to work with in sewing all kinds of things. I love the lace dress, only thing is it shows how skinny she really is....maybe there is a lot of pressure on her and that is one way of controlling her life, the weight issue it seems.
Or she's just naturally quite slender. Her sister and mother are also quite slender, and so is her brother.

Add that to healthy eating and her known athletic lifestyle, and I'd be shocked if she WASN'T very thin.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thrilled with the chignon, I've been holding my breath for a loose, kind of messy chignon to get her going, does a lot for her face, just wonderful. I thought she always did the same eye makeup, it always looks the same to me with heavy liner.
Love the Lela Rose dress, great lace and color though would have liked a color for shoes and bag.
I don'tsee how anyone thinks she looks tired. I'd like to look like that when I'm tired...
I agree with la Rae about the weight discussion, we saw how well she looked when she allowed herself to put on weight with her pregnancy. After PG was born, she was quoted as saying she was working on losing weight. I think she is naturally slender, just not this thin.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
If she put on a little weight she wouldn't look so masculine, although I don't think that is the right word. She would look better with softer edges. She has no hips being so thin so sometimes that makes her shoulders look broader.

LaRae
I agree. She should also loose that watch for evening events. Not needed and adds to the masculine look.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Just got closer view at the Jenny Packham dress she wore in New Zealand.
When we first saw it, I did not like it, but now I love it!

Tags
duchess of camb, duchess of cambridge evening wear, duchess of cambridge gala dress, eveningwear, fashion