The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told me it’s the same hat from Harry’s wedding.

There's been speculation on the WHAT KATE WORE site that the yellow dress worn today was actually meant to be worn for the Sussex wedding.

For some reason Kate substituted the cream dress.

There's been speculation on the WHAT KATE WORE site that the yellow dress worn today was actually meant to be worn for the Sussex wedding.

Thank you! I thought it was the same hat.

Not at all. She was heavier when younger, so my opinion is that being this thin is a decision & she works hard to get/remain that way.

Pretty color. Not too crazy about the peplum but it looks nice on her & is something different than her normal, so kudos for that.

I agree with you I also think she works hard at this super thin look which is quite unflattering.

Post partum fun when choosing clothes ahead of time for weddings :flowers:

The cream was a bit less body fitted and forgiving of a woman who had given birth only weeks before to her third child. Its likely she switched out of need or just pure comfort. At such a big wedding, she'd want to look as best as she could.

The cream was a bit less body fitted and forgiving of a woman who had given birth only weeks before to her third child. Its likely she switched out of need or just pure comfort. At such a big wedding, she'd want to look as best as she could.

Yes, the description in the press at the time was that Kate was wearing Primrose yellow.
But it was obviously cream. ;)
Sounds like a last-minute substitution.

Last edited:

Wise to have more than one selection ready when you've just given birth weeks before a televised wedding. ? Yes the pale lemon yellow worn to Harry and Meghan's wedding skimmed over her figure. Yesterday's butter yellow TotC dress was more form fitting IMHO.

Also speaking of post partum appearances, I believe that Meghan's outfit yesterday was chosen for the very same reasons.

^ If you're going to make an acronym of 'Trooping the Colour'.. it's TTC -There is no 'of' in the name of the event.

Duchess Kate is Duchess Kate...always impecable and correct.
Lovely outfit ans lovely color

Outfit gorgeous and the family on the balcony so sweet Hat was just beautiful but I am a complete pushover for roses on hats what can I say

Catherine looked great at Trooping yesterday, even if I wasn't really a fan of the flying saucer on her head.

Kate looked stunning yesterday. The hat, the dress, the colour and fit were all bang on. This is one of her best looks

Outfit gorgeous and the family on the balcony so sweet Hat was just beautiful but I am a complete pushover for roses on hats what can I say

Agreed. I think roses on hats are just beautiful. And Kate wears that style of hat really well.

I absolutely love everything about Kate's outfit. The color is wonderful and I just love that hat and her updo. She has a wonderful hair stylist who can do the most amazing updos. I love the dress as I have a weakness for peplums and I have always loved those earrings. Prince Louis is darling as are all the children. The picture of Prince Louis sucking his thumb is precious!!

She looked stunning. Elegant and charming.

Full agreement on the perfect selection of buttery cream.
All women in the carriage looked very good together.
Is there a collective noun for a carriage full of well dressed ladies?
A giggle, a show, a charm, an enchantment, a glide, a Ladau or a wheely fancy clutch!?

Last edited:
The yellow was perfect colour on Kate - one of my fave Trooping appearances yet. She looked every inch the royal and future Queen

kate never disappoints. she looked lovely as ever. and with her three kids, what an excellent sight! louis is such a cute baby, he looks like kate's mini me and charlotte is growing up to be a gorgeous little girl.

Nice, casual outfit.

I saw a picture of part of the back of her hair and it looks like it’s a braided pony tail. It looks good. Wish I could find better photos of her hair when she has up dos of some kind.

I'm on record as not really caring for the skinny jeans look, but I suppose it's appropriate for the engagement, and gets the job done. I'd just prefer trousers.

A good choice for today's itinerary which reportedly includes some hiking and the visit to the sheep farm.?

Nice, casual outfit.

I saw a picture of part of the back of her hair and it looks like it’s a braided pony tail. It looks good. Wish I could find better photos of her hair when she has up dos of some kind.

It's fine for an engagement like this, but otherwise I'm getting tired of all the updo's and chignons.
Kate has beautiful hair, and I prefer it when she wears it down.

It's fine for an engagement like this, but otherwise I'm getting tired of all the updo's and chignons.

The complaint used to be she wore her hair down too much. lol These days- I think she nicely mixes up wearing her hair down and in up dos. It doesn’t seem like there’s one extreme or the other.

Loved her yellow outfit from Trooping the Color. It was not too bright, it had the perfect coloring. The hat, I don't know, I don't like it but I don't dislike it either (though I never really cared about the hats that the ladies of the British royal family choose to wear).

I really like her outdoors outfits, and this one is no exception. Love her shoes and jacket. Her ponytail is a wonderful match to a relaxed event. Nicely done.

Last edited:
A good practical outfit for Catherine in Cumbria. Quite a plain look so not much to write home about - I presume she chose this more for practicality rather than fashion (as is suitable during today's weather).

Perfect outfit for the occasion, and I love the fact that she wears her sapphire engagement ring EVERYWHERE. She must be so proud of it. :D

Again perfect example why I prefer her casual looks far more then dress :flowers:

Never a fan of her skinny jeans though. And I hate the rouffled collar, looks like she forgot to change and her blouse was sticking out. But the coat, boots, hair all great for event. Age and event appropriate.

I actually think she is finally starting to realize when an updo is needed and when her sausage curls are appropriate. To be honest at her age, I would love her to cut off some length for good.

With a fascinator, or at evening events when she has a neckline and earrings that call for it, an elegant updo is needed.

Today she was going to be hiking and shearing sheep and more. Thankfully she was practical with a ponytail so not constantly fidgeting with her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom