The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dress by McQueen and hat by Phillip Treacy

Damn. If there ever was a perfect outfit for Trooping, that should be it.

The dress is amazing. McQueen has been more than good for the DoC over the years of her marriage, they totally get what is working for her. The colour is perfect for a happy joyous celebration and the hat is... wow. It fits her, fits the dress and the occasion.

Not sure I like this one now that I see her standing in it.

Great color but not liking the flap/pepulum thing

LaRae

That hat is glorious, the perfect thing for a summer day and a festive occasion. For the dress, I have a love/hate relationship with peplums, and I'd need a full view of this one to make a final decision, but from what I can see so far I'm liking the proportions, the neckline is a lovely change, and is very flattering, and the color is perfect.

Love the hat. And the dress, above the waist, that is classy, but these two flaps below the waist are just unnecessary.

Last edited:
Kate looks gorgeous!
As Fem said, it's the ideal outfit for Trooping, easily seen from a distance.

And that hat is so flattering; it's nice to see it get another wearing.

Yes I do love the hat...but the placement of the flap..just wrong for her.

McQueen has let me down twice this week now!

LaRae

Catherine looks amazing. Really love the fresh and vibrant colour.

"Like a ray of sunshine" according to the DM

Catherine looks lovely as always - not many people could wear head-to-toe clotted cream & look good but she can!

I've never been a fan of Catherine's hat! The dress is lovely and such a wonderful color and fit on her.

I've never been a fan of Catherine's hat! The dress is lovely and such a wonderful color and fit on her.
I think she looks very elegant. And relaxed and comfortable in her role too.

IMO this is her best TotC look to date. This color is perfect IMO for a spring time celebration.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 -

I love this dress. Elegant, fits well. I tend to like peplums (partial peplum- since it doesn’t go all around the front?); so, these look good to me.It adds, rather than detracts, makes the dress more interesting. The near full length photo I saw of her was beautiful.

And her hat is just beautiful. It suits her so well. It’s one of my favorites. What I can see of her up do is lovely- and prettier than last year’s.

Last edited:
Pretty perfect except no gloves. Is the hat a repeat? I love the design do the dress, it is so flattering to her figure, the peplum adding width to her and the tucking of the bodice doing the same.
I ams so in love with Louis!

Pretty perfect except no gloves. Is the hat a repeat? I love the design do the dress, it is so flattering to her figure, the peplum adding width to her and the tucking of the bodice doing the same.

Someone told me it’s the same hat from Harry’s wedding. Either that or she has them in different colors. Given her penchant for same coat-dresses in different colors that is not such a crazy idea.

About the outfit: I am so inlove with the color! (Actually, the walls at my childhood bedroom are a similar shade of yellow) and the coat in general.
I do think Camilla did a bit better, but Catherine comes in third- although i’m On the fence since I really liked Beatrice dress! And I like the color of Autumn dress.

Sorry but I hate the peplum. I find them out-dated and slightly immature. On any adult woman. And this outfit is no exception.

Peplum aside the design is great. Its a nice change from her usual style. The cut is a bit different for her (not looking like oh hasn't she worn it before).

Vibrant is certainly not a word I'd use for this butter yellow. But it is a light lovely shade :flowers:

Sorry hate her hat. Didn't like the one at Harry's wedding either.

Her hair looks lovely though.

Best accessory is Louis.

YES, I agree. The outfit wonderful for her perfect model figure. One of these lucky women who probably have trouble gaining weight rather than loosing the extra 20 pounds, especially after giving birth to three young ones. Apparently her mother and sister are exactly the same. Family trait. The color amazing on her. I also really liked Camilla's light green outfit. Her style also perfect for her mature figure.

The color is pretty but the style of the dress/coat isn't really anything new. Same old same old. The hat looks like the potato chip hat she wore to Zara's wedding but it is probably new.

Lovely colour and stylish outfit. Love her upright posture during the carriage ride. Kate has certainly learnt how to present herself to the best advantage.

The color is pretty but the style of the dress/coat isn't really anything new. Same old same old. The hat looks like the potato chip hat she wore to Zara's wedding but it is probably new.

It's not the potato chip from Zara's wedding, it's actually the hat she wore to Prince Henry's wedding. Wearing it today you can see the two layers on the top.

The DoC does look amazing. Lee McQueen died before Kate married William. It's so sad that he never got to see what justice she does to his brand.:sad:

One of these lucky women who probably have trouble gaining weight rather than loosing the extra 20 pounds, especially after giving birth to three young ones.

Not at all. She was heavier when younger, so my opinion is that being this thin is a decision & she works hard to get/remain that way.

Pretty color. Not too crazy about the peplum but it looks nice on her & is something different than her normal, so kudos for that.

YES, I agree. The outfit wonderful for her perfect model figure. One of these lucky women who probably have trouble gaining weight rather than loosing the extra 20 pounds, especially after giving birth to three young ones. Apparently her mother and sister are exactly the same. Family trait. The color amazing on her. I also really liked Camilla's light green outfit. Her style also perfect for her mature figure.

No..look at her college pics...she was never thin like now until the run up to the wedding...she got thin and has never (except when pregnant) added any weight.

LaRae

The DoC does look amazing. Lee McQueen died before Kate married William. It's so sad that he never got to see what justice she does to his brand.:sad:

If Lee was alive and running his company, we don't know if Kate would have chosen a different designer for her wedding and since then. While Sarah was his design aid, she has a very different style aesthetic then Lee did. While some of his trademarks remain, its certainly not the McQueen of Lee's time. If Lee was still head designer in 2011 at the time of the royal wedding, it stands to be seen if Kate would have chosen him to design for her.

Nor do we really know how he would feel the direction the company took. I am sure he would be happy it lived on though.

But its a bit OTT to say the least, to picture him smiling down on Kate and seeing what 'she did for his brand'.

He approved of her personal designs back in the day true. But we have no idea of what he would feel of her style today, or the different road she has taken his brand. The wow looks of Lady Gaga are far more along the lines of Lee then Kate's style is. I find it ridiculous people imagine dead people who never met Kate fawning over her with nothing to base it off of.

Again if Lee was alive and head of his company, I highly doubt Kate would have worn McQueen to her wedding. Or to Trooping now. Sarah Burton McQueen and Lee McQueen are very different matters.

The remnants of Lee and his brand remain in the looks like Gaga.

I can only imagine Kate wearing something like that to BAFTA or such :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom