The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the dress - I like the collar and the dots, it looks good. The only thing that bothers me is that it makes her torso look even longer.

As far as the slit goes, nothing we haven't seen before.

The biggest plus of this outfit goes for the earrings, which are lovely, very classic and elegant.

Lovely dress but needs definitely at least 2 more buttons.

I've never been a fan of mid-length dresses so naturally this is not one of my favourite looks from Catherine, though I do like the design.

Being able to see halfway up someone's leg because their dress could use another button or 2 is neither elegant nor appropriate in a daytime professional context. It doesn't even appear to be lined. Poor choice of shoes.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 -

I think if I had legs like these, I wouldn’t want to bother with two more buttons [emoji1]

I think the button situation is fine. It's not the first time (and won't be the last) that we've seen a royal wear a dress with high slit/expose some leg.

Exactly. I think the slit makes the dress interesting. Otherwise the whole look would be a little too buttoned up- literally- imo. It’s not my favorite of Kate’s dresses, though she wears it better than others I’ve seen.

Unfortunately, it was a windy day, but it happens.

The shoes look a little too light for the dress.

In one of the photographs that I saw of the Duchess of Cambridge at Bletchley Park, she looked "Letizia" thin and I blame the dress designers for sticking shoulder pads into everything and it is the shoulder pads that helped Catherine Middleton to look so slender today. The polka-dots were a bit small for her height as well.

I didn't like the dress in the portraits and even less now. :sad:

I find the Peter pan collar and the cuffs childish. And exaggerated here.

And yes the dress looks like it is missing buttons. Its not the first dress with a high slit, but not this style of dress. It literally looks like her buttons fell off. Its not a good look, and with the fabric, comes off as showing too much.

:previous:I would not blame the shoulder pads, she is barely there in profile.
I,wouldn’t spend that kind of money for an unlined dress. The slit was too high for professional, not party look

I like her style... She looks cool with a sense of practicality.

She looks much better in the casual looks. More age and event appropriate. :flowers:

The dress looks like her grandmother's floral bathrobe. :ermm:

Her and Charlotte both should have joined the boys in proper casual garden clothes. It wasn't a garden party, it was a visit to a natural garden.

Not a fan of the brown pant color...love the style. Wish they were a dark green!

LaRae

Love her outfit. Casual and chic and perfect for this type of engagement.

I love her outfit too & agree it's perfect for the occasion.

A great casual look for the outing with the school children today.

I love the white top, but those tan pants are horrible.

I thought someone had finally managed to grab the wedges and burn them but they appeared yesterday and are back again today but to be honest, even I am managing to overlook that with the excitement of what is occurring ?

I usually like her casual looks but this is an exception :ermm:

The pants are awful. They seem to be a brown version of the navy ones she wore to the sailing event. They definitely looked better in blue. She needed a darker color with that top. She looks like a big blob of bland.

The Erdem dress, matronly as usual.

Last edited:
I want to throw those wedges into the bin. They do not go with this dress AT ALL.

Not a great look a bit too long on the duchess and I agree about those wedges,however a nice hairstyle today.

I want to throw those wedges into the bin. They do not go with this dress AT ALL.

I'm not keen on them either but wedges are quite popular for places where there's grassy areas because heels sink & flats aren't everyone's taste. I see Sophie is wearing them too today. I wear flats to Chelsea & similar events but thankfully nobody is interested in my sartorial choices.

Please someone go find her Erdem dresses (and those wedges) and burn them!

I will be so glad when this matronly looking busy floral ..lacking in style - dresses has passed.

LaRae

It’s rare I like Erdem dresses and this isn’t one of those occasions. So frumpy, particularly with the trim at the neck and on the skirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom