The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 24: October 2018 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her burgundy Paule Ka suit.

Burgundy for both duchesses today. Note for all those insulted by foreign designers, sure this goes for all royal ladies, it's French.

Color is lovely and the style suits her though a bit meh.

Her burgundy Paule Ka suit.

Note for all those insulted by foreign designers, sure this goes for all royal ladies, it's French.

Not really. I have never suggested that the Duchesses can never wear foreign brands, it is about getting the mix right. Catherine in usually in British brands when conducting official engagements, with the odd foreign brand thrown in ever so often. This Paule Ka skirt and jacket have been in her wardrobe since 2012 and has been used a number of times.

Apparently a repeat from 2012.
That's correct, it has been used on at least 2 occasions before today

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the burgandy look. Very beautiful and elegant.

I really love the fact that she has started experimenting with different ways to style her hair and with what to style it. The headbands, kokoshnik style fascinators and now a ribbon are all surprises.

Still not a fan of the proportions of the suit though, and I dislike the shoes she´s paired it with. The heels themselves are fine, but I think a loafer style shoe would have made it slightly less prim and proper.

Lovely and elegant! And nice color!

To the best of my recollection, no one on any thread has said that the royal ladies should wear exclusively UK brands--which is fortunate, because with the exception of the Queen and Camilla, all of them mix it up, mostly UK for high profile appearances, a mix for everything else.

This suit is a lovely color, and it's a nice look, very businesslike and appropriate. She is keeping up her run of recycling, which is good to see!

Last edited:

She looks so young here.
Also wearing burgundy with black stockings. Its a good look. She looks young and fresh but professional; the skirt is quite fierce at least for Kate.
I like that she and Meghan coordinated and while to me it shows togetherness I'm sure many will turn it into a competition.

Last edited:
I don't know that they coordinated their outfits and hairstyles. If it happens again on a day they both have an engagement then I'll think more about that.

LaRae

Kate looks stylish and business like. Such a practical suit which must be comfortable to wear. Also no doubt cosy on such a cold day in London.

Catherine looks great today - love the colours on her, they make her look younger IMO.

She looks so young here.
Also wearing burgundy with black stockings. Its a good look. She looks young and fresh but professional; the skirt is quite fierce at least for Kate.
I like that she and Meghan coordinated and while to me it shows togetherness I'm sure many will turn it into a competition.

I doubt they called up and coordinated their clothes. Burgundy is a popular color in the fall season. More a coincidence.

:previous: I think so, too. A natural color selection for the season.
Like the way you think!

A really rich looking color for Catherine, with her deep dark hair this just brings out a glow in her...hope to see this color more often on her!

I love the color, detail and style of the bodice..but I'm not really a fan of the skirt...it's too bulky and short or something..something is off for me.

LaRae

This is fine, very appropriate for the event. The proportions could be improved by the skirt being a couple of inches longer.

I like this a lot. It's a bit on the fussy side - but nothing twee or over the top. Shooties? Edit - nope a pump with a broad heel - not so very high heel either!

Last edited:
This appopriate outfit i like the color,the Duchess however looks very tired.

Color is appropriate but proportions are off. Not good look.

Her hair looks lovely though.

This is fine, very appropriate for the event. The proportions could be improved by the skirt being a couple of inches longer.
I completely agree. Some inches longer and I would have said that it was good. Either just below the knee or even mid calf.

I think she was photographed wearing this coat dress with HE driving to Balmoral, in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom