The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 22: May 2017 - August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 22 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 21: March 2017 - May 2017 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

The green print dress is stunning. Such a beautiful print and color.

I've always liked this suit. Very nice.

Its a lovely and elegant look.

This suit always looks too small to me. The skirt is too short and too tight for a hospital, sitting on bedsides visit.

This suit always looks too small to me. The skirt is too short and too tight for a hospital, sitting on bedsides visit.
: previous: Have to agree on all points. :sad:
I really love this little suit, it is a great colour, it's stylish and . . . it's far too small for Catherine. It looks like it's shrunk or something as the sleeves are too short but they are too long to be three-quarter length sleeves and the jacket is both too short and too wide at the bottom and moves about. The skirt also looks uncomfortably tight and short.

Its a nice enough outfit and reminds me very much of one similar worn by Letizia of Spain.

It's a great color on her.

LaRae

The outfit would of been cuter with a pair of sporty canvas shoes/deck shoes.

The shoes she has on are nice..just kinda odd with that outfit. I do like the look of the clothing.

Love the shoes, but I agree that a deck shoe would be better.

The pants look a bit to snug, they seem to be pulling around the pocket area. And the jacket is a little too tailored for this type of outfit. A size up in the pants and a cute white cardigan and strappy sandels and that would have been a winner, but this outfit, not so much.

:previous: ITA that her pants are too snug. Your outfit idea sounds very cute.

I agree the trousers are a bit snug, but I’m not sure what the problem is with the rest of it. I’m just happy she’s wearing a fairly formal outfit that dosn’t involve a skirt or a dress. And as far as I can recall many here were hoping for just this. Or perhaps it isn’t formal enough??

She likes to wear those skinny jeans and tighter fitting pants, when she wears pants.

LaRae

Agreed with the previous comments. The trousers are a bit too snug and could do with a more slouchy fit and likewise for the jacket. It could look so cool, but it ends up being a bit too early '10's right now. The shoes are a mismatch too

Skinny, tight crops are all over the place in the stores I shop. Frankly, my cup is more than half full as she has finally gotten a new and slightly more upscale style of navy pant for the casual appearances.
And she looks far better in her skinny fit pants than I do in mine. ;)

I think Catherine looks great, especially for a sailing event as the colours of her outfit are quite nautical.

She has her usual nautical theme for nautical event going :ermm: but over dressed.

It's disappointing. Her formal looks are hit and miss for me, often matronly. I usually love her casual clothes as she manages to look appropriate while still her age. Some of her top looks on tours are her casual looks. Unfortunately back home, she seems to think she needs to be formal even for casual events.

The top and blazer are great. I hope we see them again :flowers:

But that said they are too tailored and business like for casual sailing day. I'd love to see with a nice printed a line skirt and accessories for a more formal day event. Would look great with a skirt with a pop of color and chunky necklace.

The pants would be great but are too tight. If they were skinny jeans it would be one thing. Not a fan of skinny jeans but she has the body to wear them. skinny jeans are made to fit, so if you have the body for them, they are like leggings and you don't look squeezed in. These are clam diggers, they aren't designed to be skinny jeans, why lower legs are loose. These would be fantastic if size bigger.

Shoes are nice but totally wrong. Nude doesn't go with look. And again doesn't fit casual event.

Would love pants a size bigger. And something like the striped top she wore in Australia for a similar boating event. And either a cute pair of boat shoes or even converse. Would look great with ponytail, to show off earrings.

She looks great , nice hair and makeup and the outfit good except the pants are too tight. Nice to,see reasonable heels and shoes on her

Agreed with the previous comments. The trousers are a bit too snug and could do with a more slouchy fit and likewise for the jacket. It could look so cool, but it ends up being a bit too early '10's right now. The shoes are a mismatch too
I don't know why we are surprised that the trousers are a bit too snug, that is how she prefers her trousers.

Actually, I think everything could have done with being half or a full size bigger. As for the shoes? They are a total mystery. The colour matches or compliments nothing else she is wearing, the heels are odd, and really a nice pair of deck shoes would have done nicely.

To those who think her tour wardrobe does classy casual better than her home wardrobe, I would have to agree. In spades!

As far as I can see, I really like this dress. And I love the color pink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom