The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2017, 12:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I kind of agree. She has two of the same Preen dresses but in different colors and that is just beyond unnecessary.
I dont have an issue with her having the same dress in different colours, that is her choice. For me the sheer volume of new clothing that she seems to acquire in a year seems quite unnecessary and wasteful.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I dont have an issue with her having the same dress in different colours, that is her choice. For me the sheer volume of new clothing that she seems to acquire in a year seems quite unnecessary and wasteful.
Many of the dresses/outfits are seen but once, then never again. I've often wondered if shops and designers lend Catherine clothing? The Yorks possibly have the same situation, since many of their clothes are seen but once.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-30-2017, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Many of the dresses/outfits are seen but once, then never again. I've often wondered if shops and designers lend Catherine clothing? The Yorks possibly have the same situation, since many of their clothes are seen but once.
I highly doubt that is the case with Kate. And sure, some stuff is only seen once. So far that is. She pulls out stuff that has not been seen for 5-10 years at times. I would not write off stuff as "one offs" just yet :P
Old 06-30-2017, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
It's called criticism for the sake of criticism
Or possibly, different people?
Old 06-30-2017, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Or possibly, different people?
Same people
Old 06-30-2017, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Really it's none of anyone's business how many outfits she has ...she's hardly the first woman to have lots of clothes in her closet or buy/wear new clothes often. I know folks in my circle who do this ..have closets full of clothing, more than they can wear, until I have to pay for it it's nothing for me to comment on.

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 01:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
kate's closet isn't any different to the closets of other crown princesses or other senior female royals. some of them reuse their clothes, just like kate does, maybe once or twice on average but i would say most royals acquire clothes at the same rate kate does, or even more often. furthermore, kate seems to favour high street brands more so than other royals, who exclusively dress in higher end designers for the most part. i don't think it is wasteful, i guess they are all very conscious of their public image and need to look the part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
i don't think high ranking royals get given clothes to borrow. i believe the BRF, as other royal houses, have strict guidelines as to what they receive as gifts and they will donate / return any 'gifts' that break these rules or are non-requested. borrowing clothes would be seen as highly controversial, on one side as an abuse of their power in dedication of 'business favours', and on the other as it would look like they are 'bought out' by brands and seen as official ambassadors in the same fashion that celebrities are. except that royals are not celebrities but diplomats, and their role is not to promote brands, but to work for their country as a whole.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-30-2017, 01:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Really it's none of anyone's business how many outfits she has ...she's hardly the first woman to have lots of clothes in her closet or buy/wear new clothes often. I know folks in my circle who do this ..have closets full of clothing, more than they can wear, until I have to pay for it it's nothing for me to comment on.

LaRae
You are right, it is not anybody's business. However, we are all entitled to comment on what appears to be quite wasteful behavior.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You are right, it is not anybody's business. However, we are all entitled to comment on what appears to be quite wasteful behavior.
Entitled? I think not.

Do you comment on your friends/family when they have what you consider to be wasteful behavior?

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Entitled? I think not.

Do you comment on your friends/family when they have what you consider to be wasteful behavior?

LaRae
This is a public forum where I believe people are entitled to comment, as long as they are respectful, and acknowledge that their information is based on what is in the public domain only.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
This is a public forum where I believe people are entitled to comment, as long as they are respectful, and acknowledge that their information is based on what is in the public domain only.
I think we use the word 'entitled' differently.

Yes this is a public forum where we all comment about the various going's on of the royal families ...I think it's out of place to carry on about what they spend it on when it is nothing to do with us...and certainly not something only done by royals.

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 01:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I think we use the word 'entitled' differently.

Yes this is a public forum where we all comment about the various going's on of the royal families ...I think it's out of place to carry on about what they spend it on when it is nothing to do with us...and certainly not something only done by royals.

LaRae
For the avoidance of doubt, I am not commenting on how she chooses to spend either her money or her time. That I am not entitled to! However, I do feel I am entitled to comment that I think it is odd and wasteful that one rarely sees her reuse her clothes much.

In her role, she can be a fantastic role model to a lot of the young people in our very materialistic society with a clear message that it is good to get wear out of your clothes. It is not always about acquiring more, and not all resources are infinite.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I personally agree with not being wasteful or an over consumer of goods. I still wear clothes I've been wearing for several years and I'm not a collector of things.

I just don't think others should be measured by that yardstick, it's something I set for myself. As long as they aren't expecting me to contribute it's nothing to me if someone wants to spend their last dime buying their 100th pair of Louboutins.

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 02:36 PM
Aristocracy

That Gucci dress just doesn't look royal to me. It's skimpy and ill-fitting and reminds me more of Nancy Reagan's Adolfo suits than any Jackie Kennedy attire.
Old 06-30-2017, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh you know...now that you said that Leopoldine...you are right it does remind me of Nancy Reagan's dresses! She wore them a lot IIRC.

LaRae
Old 06-30-2017, 09:40 PM
Majesty

I think I have and idea why quite a lot of Catherine's wardrobe is not being recycled. Catherine's body would have changed post-George and again post-Charlotte. Perhaps a lot of them don't sit quite the way they used to or feel as comfortable.

But never fear ladies and gents, here's hoping she doesn't bin the really good ones. When I saw Princess Madeliene in one of her mother's "old" Couture gala gowns I drooled. Victoria has since worn a couple of her day dresses, so it's nice to know that instead of stationery art they are wearable art ten or twenty years later.

Perhaps Louise or even Charlotte will look lovely in them and rock our socks off. Whatever the cause of Catherine not seeming to be actively recycling, it's everyone's right to have and opinion and discuss it.

This is a fashion thread and so long as I do not say vile things about Catherine herself, I reserve the right to share my views on her choice of clothing, e.g. I loved the lace ensemble she wore to Ascot but Alexander McQueen did her a great disservice by enabling the public to see through her dress, so when Catherine alighted from the carriage my response was eek! This latest dress looks like a child's dress.

But I take issue with those that post slighting comments about other posters rather than Catherine's fashion. It is small minded and petty and sniping lowers the tone of the entire forum.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
But I take issue with those that post slighting comments about other posters rather than Catherine's fashion. It is small minded and petty and sniping lowers the tone of the entire forum.
I agree, and I want to support your appeal.

I think there are plenty of opportunities for humor, but after all, we don't know each other. One person's dry (and humorous) repartee can easily be misunderstood in text unhinged from a shared cultural reference. Don't ya think? One never knows.

The worst thing (and I say this from experience) is to come on a chat site never knowing if one is going to be greeted with pleasantness or unpleasantness. It's never pleasant to find oneself being poked.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:42 AM
Majesty

July 3:

https://mobile.twitter.com/elliotwag...17862045921281

She looks wonderful. A very elegant and beautiful dress.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:47 AM
Royal Highness

Absolutley perfect look. Top marks. She's on a roll!
Old 07-03-2017, 06:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Dolce & Gabbana Dress:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...9077041550.jpg

Tags
the duchess of cambridge casual wear, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats