The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The hair was open and / or tied at various points during the engagement, not sure what the problem with that might be.

If one has decided that only shorter hair will do for a working princess, then nothing will be satisfactory.
Since I presume she knew this was going to be a more active engagement, IMO she should have had her hair tied back the entire time. Much more professional than the up and down, and quite frankly makes more sense to me.

Of course someone working in a royal capacity does not need to have short hair to be professional. Sophie Wessex, Victoria & Madeleine of Sweden, Stephanie of Luxembourg, Maxima of The Netherlands are just a few royals with long hair who look polished and professional. Cutting several inches off would look much better; not necessarily a short style. Sorry that I was not clear.

Her hair was tied back for most of the day but it wasn't the wind blowing her hair, she was jumping up and down doing drills with the cadets. The camera caught her in 'mid-jump'
Thank you for the clarification. However, my point stands. I would guess by the way she dressed that she knew she would be doing drills with the cadets, so IMO her hair should have been back from the start.

:flowers::flowers:

Do we know if she needed to keep adjusting them, or this was jut the one time after the exercises with the cadets?

true. I did not see a live video of the whole event, but from the pictures, at least once in the grass and once on the pavement :cool:

but besides the pants, a nice outfit. I liked the little bows on her gloves :flowers:

Of course someone working in a royal capacity does not need to have short hair to be professional. Sophie Wessex, Victoria & Madeleine of Sweden, Stephanie of Luxembourg, Maxima of The Netherlands are just a few royals with long hair who look polished and professional. Cutting several inches off would look much better; not necessarily a short style. Sorry that I was not clear.

:flowers::flowers:

I hope she doesn't pattern her look after the Swedish royals!
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate looks wonderful. I love the jacket.

I think the colour of Catherine's jacket is gorgeous and a nice nod to Valentine's Day! (I don't know if that was her intention or not, but it's still a sweet gesture). I like the trousers as an individual item but I don't think they go with the jacket. I'd prefer a black dress or skirt with the jacket but this was quite a practical/hands on event so I understand the reasons as to why Catherine wore trousers instead.

Great double breasted jacket in Valentine's Day red. The longer length almost makes the pants ok. Too tight and thin for her position, imo.

Love her jacket. Beautiful color, well tailored piece. :flowers:

I was a bit shocked by her hour but only because I saw the first pic first, where it is flying every where. But I realize that was when doing exercise. It looked quite elegant in the next picture when pulled back. A style I would be happy to see repeated.

The pants....well I will focus on the waist up. :whistling:

The ongoing discussion about other royal ladies than the Duchess of Cambridge has been deleted as off-topic! Thank you for your understanding!

Uhm, not sure if the boots work well with the suit and I don't like the skirt. (too teenagish for my tastes) but the jacket is appropriate.

oh dear, thats a rare combo of too girly/too frumpy, what a mess, a ridiculous look.

I never liked this suit - the skirt and jacket are totally wrong for each other. And the combination today in flat boots is not great. A fashion miss for Kate

The nappa leather version of those SW Reserve boots would have looked less casual, more put together, I suppose.

I think Kate should retire this one.
But I do think it is a good color for her.

I think the suit is fine, the issue is the boots which ate really not very elegant. If she had worn normal court shoes, the whole look, IMO, would have been far more elegant.

Love the color and jacket...the skirt is beyond words. Big miss for me...first one I've seen this bad in awhile.

LaRae

The jacket would look great with a matching knee length (or an inch shorter) pencil skirt. But this skirt is a miss. Also not crazy about the styling.

The color great. But Kate looks good in red a lot. :flowers:

The jacket is nice. But doesn't go well with the skirt. I agree it would look good with a pencil skirt. But then it would look very much like her other red suit.

The skirt is a total miss. Not only doesn't match style of coat but it looks like for a teen. I also find the length way too short for an official event, especially one fir a kid event.

And I hate the boots.

In general, people really hated this suit set the first time she wore it. Confirming that Kate is not reading/caring about what we think on TRF. :lol:

I think she had lightened up the eye liner just a bit. I can't date it, but just think it looks lighter than it used to. It's a bit hard to discern for sure as her skin tone is also lighter this year, sans winter holidays.
And I welcome the change if there was one.

I like this...color is great, nice style of dress for her, earrings are great, hair and makeup are well done. Love the shoes!

LaRae

I think she had lightened up the eye liner just a bit. I can't date it, but just think it looks lighter than it used to. It's a bit hard to discern for sure as her skin tone is also lighter this year, sans winter holidays.
And I welcome the change if there was one.

Same here. The raccoon look was not good at all.:ermm:

She looks amazing in that blue suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom