The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine looked very elegant in her coat and hat.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

That coat does not thrill me, but it is fine when it is paired with those earrings.

I think she looks very elegant and classy. LOVE the whole look.

LaRae

I wasn't sure about the coat at first, but after taking a second glance at it I think it's beautiful. I think it has an elegant and sophisticated feel, and that feel is completed with her lovely bun.

The earrings are smashing! Just the little lift this somber and appropriate outfit needs.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 -

Very elegant. The coat was nicely styled with a few embellishments that added to the look, fit well. Loved the updo and hat. Earrings were lovely.

No, Kate hasn't worn them before. They are on loan from the queen. They are called the Bahrain pearl drops, as the pearls were part of a wedding gift to the queen from the then ruler of Bahrain. Sophie has borrowed them as well.
http://whatkatewore.com/

Great coat with terrific collar, perfect diamond and pearl earrings and nice side chignon.

It's a great style but I dislike the print. It's too much.

I love it. She looks great!

LaRae

Love it! The design, the fit, the colors are perfect.

I like the print, the blue is fantastic

I find it a bit matronly.

A refreshing change- really suits her.

I just am not enjoying the color way of the print. I like good smaller scale/busy floral but want a dash more floral color. But this is fine, because, that's just my taste. Even if I AM right. ;)
The shape may look dowdy to some of us, but this shape comes and goes and come back again for a reason and here it is again. It actually is a very "pretty" shape and is flattering on all kinds of figures. It also has the benefit of being discreet, comfortable and usually not a hot mess of wrinkles.
For some reason, I always feel a jeune fille (in a good way and as much as I can) in a fuller, longer skirt. I actually enjoy the feel of a fabric swishing about - it takes ten years off my attitude! :wave::w00t::bounce:
Catherine does not yet have these worries - but I think it a wise choice for the venue! Children and floral prints work, methinks!

Agree matronly, but nice at least to see a bit of color and print on her.

It's a nice dress but looks ideal for an informal dinner IMO not an event with kids.

:previous::ermm: I guess on archaic terms when it refers simply to a wife. In modern terms, matron refers to middle aged women, and matronly to women who dress like it. Coming from a woman who is eight months older, I would think she or anyone else our age would be appalled to be referred to as a matron.

At thirty four she is hardly middle aged. Unfortunately her clothes often wouldnt look out of place on fifty one year old Sophie.

She's not a single girl in her 20's either. She's in her mid 30's and has two children, married to the future King.

It's not like she doesn't get a bit daring or flashy at times, she keeps her more daring looks to evening events where it's more appropriate.

I don't know why anyone is surprised when she wears mature and/or conservative clothing when 'working'. She does wear a short hemline/low cut top now and then when on the job.

LaRae

i think that "solemn looks" age her a lot... but it was an appropriate ensemble for the remembrance service!

Catherine looked very good and appropriate for the memorial.

She's not a single girl in her 20's either. She's in her mid 30's and has two children, married to the future King.

It's not like she doesn't get a bit daring or flashy at times, she keeps her more daring looks to evening events where it's more appropriate.

I don't know why anyone is surprised when she wears mature and/or conservative clothing when 'working'. She does wear a short hemline/low cut top now and then when on the job.

LaRae

No one is asking her to war short skirts and deep necklines. One doesn't have yo dress like a twenty year old or a fifty year old. There is a fantastic fashion for the in between decades. Heck even if she took a page from the princesses who are in their late thirties. There is a difference between age appropriate sad matronly. Just because you are married with kids doesn't mean you have to dress like granny.

The problem I have is she seems to agree eith you, that to look young she has to shorten a hemline or deepen a neck which isn't always appropriate.

As for the memorial look, which hasn't been posted, we were discussing her printed dress from another event, she looked lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom