The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Whats new with todays outfit? Nothing and this is what makes it boring. Its similar/same to this skirt suit in red.
From that perspective the suit was a waste of money, this outfit is very similar and is already in her wardrobe
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...73_306x780.jpg

Old 10-11-2016, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy

The earrings are stupendous! Love them! The suit, blah. The color is a little too pale, in my opinion, whether it's lilac, powder blue or cornflower, it could have used a little more oompth. Somehow the poofy hair ages her.

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed because I just think she looks drab, tired, nervous, and blah other than those FAB earrings.

Old 10-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like this pale blue suit (even though I am not a huge fan of peplums). And I thought her hair so very pretty.

I think she almost had to wear a solid color as she was being photographed in front of all that artwork. A print would have been visually distracting. And since the Mauritshuis Museum has strongly colored walls, it made sense to go with a pastel. See how nicely she stands out in this gallery: http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...0956?s=594x594

I think the Duchess keeps it simple with the accessories. Like the Queen, she wears acceptable day shoes in serviceable, rather than trendy colors. Likewise, I bet this clutch never gets unpacked and is always ready to go. She's a mom with a visible day job so this kind of utilitarian approach to accessories makes sens, at least to me. It may be dull and practical, but it could be much worse if she decided to become trendy shoe collector.

BTW - later in the day under indoor lighting the suit is clearly pale blue. And look how well the pale blue works with the odd woolen knitwear and bike: http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...3736?s=594x594
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...5198?s=594x594
Old 10-11-2016, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Duchess looked wonderful today in the Netherlands,great colour,hairstyle and earrings.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Whats new with todays outfit? Nothing and this is what makes it boring. Its similar/same to this skirt suit in red.
I like the fact she has her hair up especially on a visit abroad. The shoes are as boring as ever and the suede texture doesn't work with the outfit IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
From that perspective the suit was a waste of money, this outfit is very similar and is already in her wardrobe
Oh boy, somebody better not tell the Queen, Letizia, Mathilde, Maxima, or Victoria that half their wardrobe is redundant and a waste of money.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Personally, I think HM had a bit of a hand in the outfit as Kate was wearing pearl earrings borrowed from her. Girl's afternoon discussing what to wear sounds like a fun time.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-11-2016, 02:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
She looked professional, simply minimalistic and there to do what she came to do. More chances of the focus being on what she was there for.
exactly! she is coming into her own in her working wardrobe. a lovely timeless addition - i am sure we will see it for many years to come.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I like the fact she has her hair up especially on a visit abroad. The shoes are as boring as ever and the suede texture doesn't work with the outfit IMO.
Sorry, I don't really comment on fashion because it's frankly irrelevant. But, why does Kate have a responsibility to entertain you with her wardrobe? I simply do not understand this concept, truly. Mind-boggling.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Kate in Holland - visiting The Hague and Rotterdam

Cornflower blue pencil skirt and matching jacket by Catherine Walker

Suit, hair etc TOP, shoes FLOP!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...6184951804.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...6185871886.jpg
The Duchess looks wonderful! The suit is regal, elegant and refined. It's a great color.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Her red suit is one of my favorites. So that she has a similar one in blue is a plus to me. It's a classy, timeless outfit.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
It's actually true. The picture posted on HRHDuchessKate blog shows with the string around the waist and the buttons not closed all the way up.
? The other photos show it worn the way Kate wore it. So it's clearly meant to be worn either way.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Love Catherine's last 2 outfits.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:21 PM
Nobility

I really like the shade of the blue suit, it fits her well. I'm not too keen on the ruffle bottom of the jacket. It looks a bit childish IMO, and it made the jacket seem a bit short. Otherwise, she looked very lovely. Her having her hair up was a nice change.

Be who you are And say what you feel Because those who mind don't matter And those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss
Old 10-11-2016, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

hair from the back. Yummy, IMO: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...6199522576.jpg
Old 10-11-2016, 06:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
? The other photos show it worn the way Kate wore it. So it's clearly meant to be worn either way.
I believe hernameispekka was referring to this product photo:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nYMulJy1q...de%2Bdress.jpg
Old 10-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not that wowed by either look. But then again I rarely am by Kate

The first dress is a lovely color on her. And for a person who doesn't like florals often, I like the print. But I find the top odd. And back to the uk, back to the bad open curl looks. I don't get the point of wearing the belt at the neck, to add interest and then hiding it with her hair both hair and earrings are lost.

The blue is well Kate. In that she seems to try and dress like Jackie o and not in a modern adaption way. I find it dates her. The color is lovely though. And her hair is stunning.

I am starting to think she can only manage a good hair do when abroad. She does an amazing job in Canada and now in the Netherlands but total miss hair wise in the uk.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Comparing this suit to the old red one? This one is yes, a peplum suit but what a gorgeous one. This is obviously custom made, the other is off the rack. This collar suits her beautifully, not too close around the neck and not too loose, the large covered buttons and wide belt and pleated peplum vs gathered. Much,much nicer. great earrings and hairdo, glad her hairdresser is finally showing her stuff. Well done, and good choice to wear a plain color as the other posters have explained. A brooch would have been nice...
Old 10-12-2016, 01:36 AM
Courtier

I think the pale blue suit is a superb colour choice - she wears it, not the other way around.
The suit and the soignee hairstyle lead us to focus on her face, eyes, expression.

PS Editing to add, I noticed it seemed really tightly-fitting, which can lead to some unfortunate seam-pullings that look awkward, e.g. across jacket-front.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Sorry, I don't really comment on fashion because it's frankly irrelevant. But, why does Kate have a responsibility to entertain you with her wardrobe? I simply do not understand this concept, truly. Mind-boggling.
This is a fashion forums and we discuss fashion worn by royals, therefore we can give our opinions on what we think. I am not the only one in this thread who has an opinion about her fashion or about other royal ladies/men.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The basic style is there but the suit wins on fitting, which it does perfectly. However, the pinky/beige/nude suede shoes just plain don't cut it. Now if she'd worn the accessories from the above, that at least would have been a statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Two notions here.

1. We are mostly fashionista's on this fashion thread because, lowbrow as it may be, we like to admire or cringe and voice our opinions at what Catherine wears. And

2. You miss the point of all fashion threads. They are there to entertain us, the wearers? Not so much.

Tags
the duchess of cambridge casual wear, the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion, the duchess of cambridge fashion, the duchess of cambridge hats