The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the blouse. I'm assuming that it's a very fine cotton, or perhaps Irish linen, with delicate hand embroidery. It's a nice change from the ubiquitous and voluminous scarves so many ladies are wearing now; tidy and dainty and refreshing.

Her suit is by Hobbs.

Its a lovely suit and a lovely color but the petter pan collar ruins it completely for me.

I agree that the collar of the blouse doesn't complement the suit. A brooch might have been an option but Kate doesn't seem to favour these apart from those which have a particular association.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Even worse, why wear the collar of a blouse on the outside with a closed up suit?

Still a Peter Pan collar, just not the collar of the coat:ermm:

I agree duke, makes no sense to wear the collar outside.

My first impression of the collar fabric, detail and Peter Pan, reminded of an old fashioned school girl pinafore look. Seeing the actual top, just adds to it.

At first glance, the suit didn't look identical to the Luisa Spagnoli one,but then I noticed it was indeed that one. Good choice. I like her hair, too.

I love this suit: The red color, black buttons/belt, the peplum. It fits well.

I always love this suit. It's interesting and fun at the same time as being professional. A great choice to repeat :)

I've always loved the look and color of this suit.

Its a nice suit and a great color but somehow its become a boring look. There is nothing much you can do with this look to give it a different look or feel and that what make sit less interesting each time she wears it. Its accessorized with black and it can only be accessorized with black because of the black buttons.

Maybe if she wore the skirt with a top and the jacket with a different look.

Last edited:
Its a nice suit and a great color but somehow its become a boring look. There is nothing much you can do with this look to give it a different look or feel and that what make sit less interesting each time she wears it. Its accessorized with black and it can only be accessorized with black because of the black buttons.

Maybe if she wore the skirt with a top and the jacket with a different look.

To me, it's classic and perfect as is. That she's worn it several times in 6+ years doesn't matter. No need to mess with it. It's a beautiful suit.

J

It's a classic suit but it's nice to freshen things up a bit. Kate gives the sense, right or wrong, she is lazy or lacks fashion sense. She us like those women who always wear black pants, or jeans, because they match every thing. She very rarely mixes and matches. Usually only when really casual, like pants in Canada or sporting events. More formal, she almost always wears a dress, or matching suit, or coat dress. There are a few exceptions like her herringbone skirt I love.

This is a great suit. Other than the peplum. Not a fan of them. I love the color. Looks fab on her. But I would love to see her wear the skirt with a top and different little jacket. Take inspiration fro women like Mary and Letizia. Both can rock a suit, but also mix and match great. Best way to recycle and still be fresh.

Or even a simple updo would be a nice change here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let the outrage over pants begin :sleep:

Ah...okay. Not sure what to say about that outfit.

LaRae

I do like the jacket..and the color is great. Not sure about the total black of the rest...

I love the jacket. She looks fine for that type of event.

Looking good and nice to see her with her Air Cadets.

It's Valentines Day folks!

The jacket is nice and the color is great but the fit in unflattering.

I don't understand why she had to wear skinny jeans. Straight fit or loose pants would've been so much nicer and appropriate.

Once again - a very appropriate outfit. a little nod to Valentines Day with the red and her heart (leaf) earrings. comfortable and flexible in her go-to active wear of skinny jeans so she could be active with the cadets.

The jacket is nice and the color is great but the fit in unflattering.

I don't understand why she had to wear skinny jeans. Straight fit or loose pants would've been so much nicer and appropriate.

All the better to show her (..) athletic figure. Her hair is ridiculous. Looks like a windy day (or maybe that is due to the planes), so wear it up or tie it back to begin with. Or better yet, she should ditch the extensions and have her hair cut in a flattering, professional style.

At least she is not wearing a short dress/skirt and sky high heels. Can she actually be learning something after almost 6 years?

All the better to show her (..) athletic figure. Her hair is ridiculous. Looks like a windy day (or maybe that is due to the planes), so wear it up or tie it back to begin with. Or better yet, she should ditch the extensions and have her hair cut in a flattering, professional style.

At least she is not wearing a short dress/skirt and sky high heels. Can she actually be learning something after almost 6 years?

The hair was open and / or tied at various points during the engagement, not sure what the problem with that might be.

If one has decided that only shorter hair will do for a working princess, then nothing will be satisfactory.

Her hair was tied back for most of the day but it wasn't the wind blowing her hair, she was jumping up and down doing drills with the cadets. The camera caught her in 'mid-jump'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom