The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 20: October 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I too like the dress, though. I admit I did not think it much of a departure from the usual Kateland. And I like the clutch with the shoes. I'd summarize that we seem to either really like or loath the shoes. :flowers:

The dress is very stylish, fashion forward with the bright yellow and blue flowers, much more edgy than her usual. Funny how some think it looks like an old lady dress. Her bag and shoes are a nice color contrast, the thick heeled,shoes are very in this year, so much better for her than the stilettos. Her hair looks great parted on the side. Could lose a few inches, but overall a great look!

The sleeves seem quite long, the dress on the short side, perhaps a bit tight. I feel it looks uncomfortable and underwhelming.

Its a nice dress but nothing new from her usual style dresses fit. Anyway, the print and color was a nice change. The downside of this look for me was the those pumps, the color is great but I don't like the style and I don't like it with this dress, nor did I like her clutch. It reminds me more of a make up pouch.

Just been reading the comments on the dress that Catherine wore yesterday, and the one thing that is very clear is that she will never be able to please everyone. For some, the dress is something their grandmother would wear, for some it is fashion forward, for some the print in terrible, for some it is edgy, some love the shoes, some dislike them. That, I guess, is the best example of the old adage that beauty (or style!) is in the eyes of the beholder!

I, for one, think she is increasingly starting to take some risks with her wardrobe, albeit in small steps, whilst still remaining true to her classically elegant style. That is just a reflection of her growing confidence in her role. Personally, my bugbear remains her increasingly only wearing clothes once or perhaps twice, but for now, I don't want to distract the conversation with that.

The dress is lovely, as most Erdem dresses are but burn the shoes. They are hideous. Or give them to the Queen.

As far as I can tell, the colour of the bag and shoes picks out a colour in the dress and also co-ordinates with her husband's tie, which is rather clever.

I love green and I love suits as the occasional departure from coats and dresses. :D
It's just my taste, but I hate that collar. :sad: Her hair is spectacular. :)
I am almost in love with this look. :wave:

it could have been a nice outfit without this terrible childish peter pan collar!

I like the suit.
As for the collar style, it seems to be quite trendy now.

Minus the collar the outfit and colour look wonderful on the Duchess!

What little I could see of the collar through all that hair hanging down everywhere was that the collar did absolutely nothing for her or the outfit.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Love the suit. The green is a beautiful color on her; it is well fitted. Love that the jacket zips up.

I'm undecided on the collar. I think the white adds a little something to an otherwise monochrome outfit. Not sure about the Peter Pan style, but it seems to be in style.

:previous: I feel the same as you Erin. The color is fantastic and I love a fitted suit, but I'm unsure about the collar.

What a fantastic color on her:flowers: great to see her in a fitted suit and not her usual coat dress. I love the zipper. Earrings look great too :)

But I don't care how popular those collars are, they only belong in the teen/young royal thread. I hope the trend ends soon.

Last edited:
I'm going to be a little bit "picky"....the color is great, even like the texture of the suit. But I wish there were no Peter pan collar and the jacket were about 2 inches longer. I know, little things. All in all, she looks very nice.

I've yet to get a proper glimpse at the suit, but from what I've seen,she looked pretty.

I love the color and style except the collar is out of place for me. Would of loved to seen her hair pulled back.

But overall she looks quite nice.

LaRae

This suit reminds me of styles she wore in her pre and immediate post wedding days. I like the colour but agree that the collar of the blouse doesn't work. I would like to see the blouse on its own maybe with trousers or a different skirt to have a better opinion on it.

The green dress is very lovely and elegant.

This emerald green is a fantastic color on her. The suit is well cut and fits well. I dislike the collar, it makes an otherwise sophisticated outfit look childish.

Perhaps we'll see this suit make an appearance for the Irish Guards on St. Patrick's Day. :flowers:

I hope she doesn't go to the Irish Guards on St. Patrick's Day since that is William patronage.

The Duchess of Cambridge in green visiting the Quidenham Hospice in Norwich, today, January 24:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
This emerald green is a fantastic color on her. The suit is well cut and fits well. I dislike the collar, it makes an otherwise sophisticated outfit look childish.
I absolutely adored the green suit. The first two full views were so striking. The green looks fantastic on her, the length of the skirt was elegance personified and then came Upper part 1. It was like a fingernail on a chalkboard, a needle scratching over a record, it made me shudder . . . what the . . . oh, that is too twee for words.

Upper part 2, with its watermark obscuring the peter pan collar, said it all. Who needed it? Catherine certainly didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom