The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 19 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 - July 2016 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

A nice, solid, pretty look. It looked nice before when she wore it and it looks nice still :) And a look where everything will stay put!

Pretty sensible outfit for the airshow today. when you have to bring along a headband to keep your hair out of your eyes would it not have been sensible to catch it up in a ponytail from the start. that would be my only criticism an airshow is typically windy and she was carrying george lots.

I love the outfit. The shades of blue balance each other out quite nicely. The look itself is very elegant as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think that Kate should stop wearing baggy clothes like this, as they don't flatter her now she has lost so much weight. This blue dress looked much better when in 2012 imo. I also don't think that the animal print headband had something to do with the whole outfit.

She looks great today. The blue dress and jacket are elegant, lovely and go great together.

Last edited:
She looks fantastic, love the headband, and this outfit actually conceals how thin she is. Also nice to see they are dressing George better as well.

I'm with her husband here- dress looks like a banana and I don't like it. (Wimbledon.)

Last edited:
The headband was because it was a windy day. I think that was the best choice, if not, she would have hair everywhere and it would be so messy. If her hair was up, it would also look messy, a ponytail would've been the best choice. The hairband isn't the prettiest but maybe it was not planned.

The dress - I was never fond of this dress. The cut on the higher waist reminds me of a maternity dress. I think the overall style was boring. The dress could've been matched with a boxy jacket, a necklace worn and sandal heels.

It seems Kate took two steps forward with lovely appearances and now has gone one step backwards.

I don't know...a short dress and heels don't see the best choice for an airshow (where you will be around and in/out of aircraft) and wind.

She looks nice..outfit is ok..not something I really like. I do like that she has a hairband in.

LaRae

I think Catherine looked wonderful today, and as other posters have said, she is perfectly dressed for the event. I love how she has paired a blue dress with a navy jacket, that colour combination also suits her a lot. My only negative comment about today's outfits would be that her headband looks a little childish, though as dazzling said, she probably wore that because of the windy weather.

The skirt's a good shape because it won't fly up in the wind.

I think that Kate should stop wearing baggy clothes like this, as they don't flatter her now she has lost so much weight. This blue dress looked much better when in 2012 imo. I also don't think that the animal print headband had something to do with the whole outfit.
Your comment made me go back and look again at her Wimledon yellow dress and I have to admit, they are definitely noticeably looser.

The skirt's a good shape because it won't fly up in the wind.
And that is something we cannot underestimate the value of.

I believe the "headband" (which looks like a scarf) was definitely an afterthought and didn't accent or match anything. It was also of limited value. Her shoes were not the most sensible for an airshow but Catherine has always put fashion ahead of function when it comes to shoes.

Mixed reviews today. The color is great on her, I like the lighter blue under the navy. And good choice on skirt shape/weight. Not having to worry about blowing up like she often has issues with at windy events :flowers: I do wish it was more acceptable to British royals to wear trousers at events, like other royal women. It would have been professional but much more manageable to wear trousers at this type of event.

The cut of the dress I have to agree with a poster who said it looked a bit maternity. I would have loved a bit of a more boxy jacket and maybe a necklace to add some interest.

And that headband is simply childish and not appropriate for the event. She should have had her hair back,she knew it would be windy. This is the day for a ponytail. She came prepared with a headband, so one cant say she didn't know it would be an issue.

I think it would have been nice and more practical, considering the clambering in and out of planes/helicopters, for Kate to have worn a blouse with her blazer, and a nice pair of tailored slacks.
Kate's hair could have been tied back in a pony tail. Wind is always horrendous at these events. The wind blew at one stage flattening the loose blue dress against Kate's front in the most unflattering way.

Also, sorry, but I just don't see the need for killer heels at an air show. Apparently at one point she wobbled and almost tripped over. A pair of flat heels or with a tiny manageable heel would have been miles better IMO.

Last edited:
She has worn pants before too (working/charity) events that are outside etc....so it's not like it can't be done. No idea why she would wear a dress at today's event.

LaRae

:previous: Very rare and they tend to be sport related, like the tennis camp (and she wore a skirt for part, only pants when participating in the tennis). I understand older royals sticking to the traditional skirts, but it should be acceptable for Kate and other younger royals to wear trousers to more casual events like this. Or even more business ones, you can look professional and feminine in a pant suit.:flowers:

She wore pants for the safari while in India. Seemed appropriate to them for getting in and out of the jeep. Wish the same thought process was here.

I think Catherine looked wonderful today, and as other posters have said, she is perfectly dressed for the event. I love how she has paired a blue dress with a navy jacket, that colour combination also suits her a lot. My only negative comment about today's outfits would be that her headband looks a little childish, though as dazzling said, she probably wore that because of the windy weather.

I agree and I believe she chose the dress because it is similar to the blue worn by the RAF. The headband was a quick and practical solution for the breeze.

Also, sorry, but I just don't see the need for killer heels at an air show. Apparently at one point she wobbled and almost tripped over. A pair of flat heels or with a tiny manageable heel would have been miles better IMO.

I couldn't agree more. The outfit itself was fine, but a pair of low heeled navy shoes would have been much more practical and fitting.

I don't think those count as killer heels for her. She wore one of her lower pairs and she's been seen out shopping in shoes that height so I think it's a very managable height for her and she seemed to have no issues.

I don't think that she's not wearing pants because of any protocol. Maybe she just doesn't like them. I very very rarely wear pants and when I do it's sweatpants at home. I wear skirts and dresses 99% of the time and has very rarely had any issues with it. I just think it's a case of personal preference. And I saw someone comment (can't remember where) with all the bending and standing, if she had a blouse tucked in or something it would be very high chance of something looking ruffled or getting untucked.

A skirt at the knee is consider short now? :rolleyes:

Your comment made me go back and look again at her Wimledon yellow dress and I have to admit, they are definitely noticeably looser.

And that is something we cannot underestimate the value of.

I believe the "headband" (which looks like a scarf) was definitely an afterthought and didn't accent or match anything. It was also of limited value. Her shoes were not the most sensible for an airshow but Catherine has always put fashion ahead of function when it comes to shoes.

I am awre that we cannot comment weight, but those looser dresses really make nothing but pointing out Kate's thinness.

With regards to pants, perhaps she prefers skirts and dresses to pants when she is working.

With regards to pants, perhaps she prefers skirts and dresses to pants when she is working.

Perhaps Kate does, but there have been several incidents, (what we'll kindly call wardrobe malfunctions), when she has been near aircraft/airports in windy conditions, (dating back to the Canadian tour) and in this case one would hope that discretion would be the greater part of valour.

I don't think those count as killer heels for her. She wore one of her lower pairs and she's been seen out shopping in shoes that height so I think it's a very managable height for her and she seemed to have no issues.

I don't think that she's not wearing pants because of any protocol. Maybe she just doesn't like them. I very very rarely wear pants and when I do it's sweatpants at home. I wear skirts and dresses 99% of the time and has very rarely had any issues with it. I just think it's a case of personal preference. And I saw someone comment (can't remember where) with all the bending and standing, if she had a blouse tucked in or something it would be very high chance of something looking ruffled or getting untucked.

Considering almost every photo of her outside of royal engagements, like shopping/polo and such she is wearing pants, that certainly is not the case. This is not a woman who doesn't like to wear pants in public.

I am pretty sure an untucked top is a far less problematic issue then your skirt flying up. Some how royal women manage to wear trousers to countless events and still look professional and not wrinkled.

I don't recall seeing anyone calling it short :ohmy: Appropriate/practical is not simply a matter of length.

It's actually above the knee (and I don't think anyone said it was inappropriate) ...and when she's moving about it's riding up well above the knee.

I've already said I don't think it was a good outfit for hopping in and out of aircraft and dealing with a windy location....nor do I think the heels a smart choice for the event for the same reasons (except the wind part).

LaRae

Yes apparently Kate's skirts are always too short, makes me wonder if people on here have ever really seen a short skirt. Kate looks great and this kind of shirt doesn't look like it would fly up if the wind caught it; it is heavier and is more streamlined than her other Marilyn dresses. I actually think this outfit concealed her thinness unlike the white outfit she wore a few days before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom