Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 9: April 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a casual and more modern look! I love George's sweather, and he looks adorable with those beige shorts!

Finally a casual and more modern look! I love George's sweather, and he looks adorable with those beige shorts!
Well, he's bigger now so his look is evolving accordingly. Smocking and rompers etc is common on babies and toddlers, now he's in the age of shorts (with kneesocks in winter) and after a few years in school it's time for long pants. At least this is how I've heard is the classic way to dress a boy in the UK.

Well, he's bigger now so his look is evolving accordingly. Smocking and rompers etc is common on babies and toddlers, now he's in the age of shorts (with kneesocks in winter) and after a few years in school it's time for long pants. At least this is how I've heard is the classic way to dress a boy in the UK.

I know but it is a matter of tastes! And I don't like at all "vintage" or "tradtional" looks! I'm sorry but I just can't! I think this gorgeous little boy looks so muc better in shorts and funny sweaters!

I love George's outfits for his birthday pictures. I think it has a vintage look with a modern touch. I'm a lover of traditional-style clothing for children. You can dress your child in contemporary clothing, but avoid all the frills and that's what Catherine appears to be doing with her children. I'm forever grateful that George is not seen in clothing with various cartoon characters/superheroes on them. To me, that's tacky and tasteless.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Princess Elisabeth in a black and white dress at the Belgian National Day fireworks on July 21:

** Full view **

Little Jacques looks like he's ready for the beach. Very cute.

I just found the new Seraphine Diana collection. It's a tough one to figure the right thread, but since Kate wore Seraphine, I'm putting it here.
The dressmaker has launched a baby line using the Diana tartan from Lochcarron. Proceeds go to the Diana Award.

I have a soft spot in my heart for plaid and remember the tartan when it came out. Meh was my reaction. (see Lochcaron's tartan page: Princess Diana Tartan | Lochcarron of Scotland)
But this baby line seems a better idea.
If you have not seen the press, styles can be found: BABY CLOTHES FOR YOUR LOVED ONES | Seraphine

I just found the new Seraphine Diana collection. It's a tough one to figure the right thread, but since Kate wore Seraphine, I'm putting it here.
The dressmaker has launched a baby line using the Diana tartan from Lochcarron. Proceeds go to the Diana Award.

I have a soft spot in my heart for plaid and remember the tartan when it came out. Meh was my reaction. (see Lochcaron's tartan page: Princess Diana Tartan | Lochcarron of Scotland)
But this baby line seems a better idea.
If you have not seen the press, styles can be found: BABY CLOTHES FOR YOUR LOVED ONES | Seraphine

And I'm in love :wub:. These are absolutely perfect for little ones. I think George is a bit too old for any of the options for boys, but Charlotte would look precious in any of the skirts, or dresses. I hope Catherine buys a few outfits from her for Charlotte to wear. How perfect would the dresses be for Balmoral :D?

And I'm in love :wub:. These are absolutely perfect for little ones. I think George is a bit too old for any of the options for boys, but Charlotte would look precious in any of the skirts, or dresses. I hope Catherine buys a few outfits from her for Charlotte to wear. How perfect would the dresses be for Balmoral :D?

You know, Daria - I like them too and at first I thought hurrah for Charlotte to wear. The pastel tartan is a great choice for kids - certainly more-so than for grownups. And I love the traditional styles with the quirkiness of the patch pockets.

But then I thought, maybe not. It's a little creepy, JMO. Plus it's a fairly obvious commercial ploy. Even if it is for The Diana Award, it does get Seraphine out into a new market. They are kinda crossing the Diana effect with the Charlotte effect??? Maybe I am just to cynical for my own good. ;)

You know, Daria - I like them too and at first I thought hurrah for Charlotte to wear. The pastel tartan is a great choice for kids - certainly more-so than for grownups. And I love the traditional styles with the quirkiness of the patch pockets.

But then I thought, maybe not. It's a little creepy, JMO. Plus it's a fairly obvious commercial ploy. Even if it is for The Diana Award, it does get Seraphine out into a new market. They are kinda crossing the Diana effect with the Charlotte effect??? Maybe I am just to cynical for my own good. ;)

My thought was that Charlotte could wear these outfits in private, rather than in front of cameras. I'm sure Catherine can buy these and ask the company to keep things quiet. I don't see her as someone who would buy something just because it's a good way to advertise, especially when it involves her deceased mother-in-law.

I doubt Seraphine would be able to keep quiet, since they are always talking especially when it comes to Kate

I think George's outfit is rather sweet. It's casual, but still smart and not too informal IMO.

Whilst it's not to my personal taste, I think Elisabeth looks very lovely in her black and white dress. She looks so grown up!

Jacques and Gabriella looked cute in South Africa, Jacques shoes are indeed rather cool.

Elisabeth: Lovely young woman. Happy she is dressed as such and not a little girl. I love the tunic look, and a formal portrait where a girl is not in a dress :flowers: Her white lace was perfect and she stole the show from her mom as best dressed. 2 events actually, I quite liked the black and white dress and much better than mom's jumpsuit.

Not a fan of the Diana tartan. I don't like the color. If the Cambridge kids wear tartan, Balmoral tartan would look cute or Will has enough Scottish blood, pick a family tartan. I always hated my family is on English side of border so no tartan (except devil's brigade tartan).

Jacques and Gabriella are so cute, happy was right about swim outfit. Love the hat and his shoes.

Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 9: April 2016 -

Leonor and Sofia look very pretty in their summer outfits. Not sure about Victoria's trousers, however, I will give her lots of credit for wearing them and being herself.

Leonor's dress is very lovely.

Little Henrik in the steps of Father and Grandfather !!!! Nice!! :lol:

Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 9: April 2016 -

I really like Leonor's dress, but not sure about Sofia's. The style and the pink sash are lovely, but I'm just not liking the vertical stripes.

Last edited:
:previous: Isn't Sofia in the stripes and pink sash???

I agree, not liking stripes. Also seems young look on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom