The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 - October 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything wrong with this outfit for the event or the woman. Catherine's got great legs for super skinny jeans. Wedges are a great alternative to heels and with someone of Catherine's height heels aren't always useful. She changed to trainers later on so no issue.

Nope we aren't. I do like her wedges with other outfits...just not this one.

LaRae

Yes...I just wondered why bother with the wedges to begin with.

LaRae

I very seldom criticize Catherine however I am about to do so. I really, really can't stand those "jeggings". No one over the age of fourteen should be seen in those da**n things. I think they are awful. She does have very nice legs .... we all know that .... it's time, IMO, for her to quit that awful style.

For me Kate rarely misses in clothes ...my biggest complaint has been sometimes she's had issues with wardrobe malfunctions (although it seems to be improving as of late) and the other thing is now and then she wears something that is to me just puzzling.

Like a skirt and heels to visit the aircraft on a very windy day. Then like today...why bother to change shoes..it's a sporty event, just wear dual purpose shoes.

Not a fan of skin tight jeggings either ...unless you are an equestrienne at a show or the barn let's forgo the look of breeches. Just wear a nice tailored jean..would of been just fine for today.

LaRae

What a ageist thing to say #proud wearer of jegging

For me Kate rarely misses in clothes ...my biggest complaint has been sometimes she's had issues with wardrobe malfunctions (although it seems to be improving as of late) and the other thing is now and then she wears something that is to me just puzzling.

Like a skirt and heels to visit the aircraft on a very windy day. Then like today...why bother to change shoes..it's a sporty event, just wear dual purpose shoes.

i agree with your points above. i think kate rarely gets it wrong, but wish she was more careful with her clothes choices to avoid those wardrobe malfunctions.

however, unlike most people here, i think she looked good today too - i have nothing against the tight jeggings or the wedges. i think she looks great - she has some amazing legs and those jeans look great because of that. but agreed - it is silly to arrive in wedges and change into trainers, but perhaps we are the only ones who notice this sort of detail.

Last edited:
I agree. I don't wear jeggings or skinny pants. But Kate wears them as well as anyone and they are proper pants! Taste is one thing, saying "only people this age should wear this" is simply ageist.

Why not just wear tennis shoes to begin with? The wedges are not a good look with the outfit anyway.

LaRae

I think they look great and as someone said above it is a great way to combine formal and informal footwear.

I'm almost 33 and I'm wearing leggings right now.

I am one of those people who often thinks Kate looks so thin, but when she wears skinny jeans I think she looks more fit than thin.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 19: July 2016 -

I don't mind jeggings and in my field of work, they're quite comfortable. I get on the floor with my students and being in trousers that don't have enough stretch can be uncomfortable. I wear long shirts over them and because they're khaki or black, they look like tailored trousers. I never wear them if I have a meeting with a parent, or an observation though, because those occasions require something a little more formal. I think it all depends on how the jeggings appear; if they're ripped at the knees, then they shouldn't worn to any engagements, or to work, but if they look like tailored trousers, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I like her jeggings, casual sporty event she has the shape for them:)

But ugh ditch the wedges :ermm: They don't make it look more professional/ less casual. If her casual sporty outfit was appropriate for the meeting the trainers should be as well. Or she should have changed the whole look (like with tennis camp thing).

I just called Lupo and asked him to please chew up all her wedges with the espadrille rope covered heel. He agreed it is time to move onto some other, fresher summer look. :lol:
Lol thanks for the good laugh and I agree:)

Good to see the blue and white LKB dress re-emerge in Luton today.

This dress is one of my favourite dresses that I was hoping to see again, and today I was satisfied.

Kate looked very pretty, but I think she should stop tanning.
She'll regret that someday.

Just look at Fergie!

One of my favorite dresses from the Australian tour so I'm glad to see it being worn again.

Love this dress. I'm happy to see it again.

I love the blue/white dress. A very exquisite design.

Its the prefect summer dress and Catheirne looked good. I thought her pumps were safe yet a bit boring, I would love to see her in sandal heels.

Kate looked very pretty, but I think she should stop tanning.
She'll regret that someday.

Just look at Fergie!

Yes like any of us that tanned in their younger days she will regret it. Also all that black eyeliner and heavy drawn eyebrows do her no favour

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Love this dress. Would love to see some accessories, maybe a few bangles, and different shoes.

Isn't it possible she is having one of the high quality spray tans etc done?

I do like the dress from today.

LaRae

One of my favorite Catherine dresses. Brings joy- like her.

I really like the dress, great print and love the color:flowers:

But I do wish she would go a little less structured and summery. And perhaps add interest with different shoes and maybe bracelet.

I love that colour, scuba blue on the white, and overall a very pretty dress. I agree about the nude shoes, though. I think Kate wore blue shoes the last time the dress had an outing. Even something interesting in white would have been nice.
I too hope she knocks off wearing the heavy eyeliner, especially on bright sunny days. There's nothing more ageing, especially when the person gets past thirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom