The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 18: April 2016 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks very lovely and elegant.

Love the color on her. Such a vibrant shade, perfect for the event :flowers:

I even like she has pulled her hair back a bit, nice change:)

Last edited:
Not everyone can wear that color of green. She looks lovely...classy. Great style.

LaRae

The green coat is lovely. Catherine looks very elegant in it and the color is fabulous on her.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I am not a fan of green in general, but that coat is really beautiful and elegant so it looked lovely on Kate.

From a distance there Catherine looks like she totally nailed it. It is only when you get closer that you realise the top of the coatdress really is ugly. With no collar, it looks like it is unfinished and the unfortunate padding around the top of the shoulder and arms hails back a century or two to leg-o-mutton sleeves.
What a major disappointment as the rest of the coatdress has it all. The colour is glorious and only a lucky few can wear it, the waist nipped in with a well-balanced belt is very feminine and the skirt is the perfect length to enhance its movement and her hair and accessories are spot-on.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0UVCHjc2...ss-Cambridge-visit-Chelsea-Flower-time-01.jpg

My goodness she is petty and looks great in that color. Nice choice for the Flower Show. :flowers:

I agree the neckline lets this down a little, but otherwise it is a lovely choice. Kate has worn some interesting outfits following her overseas tour.

She looks wonderful today in the emerald green. This is a great look for her.

I think Catherine looked very pretty today. I love the colour of her coat, it looks good on her and is perfectly fitting for the event. Her hair is also lovely here.

I'm not sure how one would accessorize that green coat, but maybe a pretty brooch or something would be just the right finishing touch. It's a great look, simple and bright.

A gold broach would of been really nice (and would go with the earrings too) accent for that dress.

LaRae

Loved the style of the dress but , for me it was the wrong colour. At times she could have blended into the background as part of the foliage . A nice pink or a floral would have been good, like the Countess of Wessex , perhaps ?

a floral would have been good,

I always think wearing florals at a Flower show is a bad mistake.. it is impossible to beat the real thing, and a Chelsea [the VERY best in the World] why even attempt to ? A strong coloured plain [say Green] is ideal..
The Duchess 'nailed' it..

Last edited:
Now that i do like , Lumutqueen. Friends of mine who have been to Chelsea usually wear something summery and soft. They don't go on "public" days, being RHS members !!

lovely to see this suit again. It is a bit frilly - but I think a garden party is a perfect venue for this suit to reappear. And great that we get better looks at the total look specifically the back. well done!

Ideal outfit for a garden party - good to see her digging into her vast wardrobe. I had though cause of the nature of the the first time we saw this outfit at George's christening that this outfit may have been stored away and not seen again - you could imagine in many decades to come this outfit and hat been displayed in the Buckingham Palace exhibition.

I love the color but not the style.

I always think wearing florals at a Flower show is a bad mistake.. it is impossible to beat the real thing, and a Chelsea [the VERY best in the World] why even attempt to ? A strong coloured plain [say Green] is ideal..
The Duchess 'nailed' it..

I agree; a solid color is much more attractive at a flower show.

:previous: I agree. You have to be careful when wearing florals to a garden show. If you don't find a good balance, it can come off as costumey. Sophie's pairing with her blazer, and just the minimal floral detail of Eugenie's worked well. Kate chose well to go with a bright summery color.

I think Kate's green choice was perfect - pretty spring color, a solid to offset the real flowers and a nice contrast to the 5000 poppies exhibit

my only disappointment is that we have not yet seen a picture of her actually with the Charlotte Chrysanthemum - and I think her dress would have been a stunning backdrop for the flower itself.

I love Catherine's look. It's very fitting for a garden party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom