The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have mixed feelings about Catherine's latest dress. I think it suits her but if I had the choice, I wouldn't buy it myself.

As for her style in general, I also wouldn't call Catherine a style icon but she does wear a lot of fashionable pieces and I like how most of her outfits are from British designers because it's great promotion for them. However, I have found a few of her outfits matronly in the past. I've never thought about it before, though Pranter has brought up an interesting point about Catherine and Diana.

I have mixed feelings about Catherine's latest dress. I think it suits her but if I had the choice, I wouldn't buy it myself.

As for her style in general, I also wouldn't call Catherine a style icon but she does wear a lot of fashionable pieces and I like how most of her outfits are from British designers because it's great promotion for them. However, I have found a few of her outfits matronly in the past. I've never thought about it before, though Pranter has brought up an interesting point about Catherine and Diana.
Exactly! And someone who ran into Carol at Wimbledon said that she commented that "Catherine was never very interested in fashion when she was younger". So I think she is very comfortable with just dressing nice and suiting, I don't think she has a want or need to be a fashion icon. She buys and wear what she likes and is still finding her way to implement that into a Duchess style :)

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 -

@KensingtonRoyal: The Duke and Duchess, the President and Madame Peng watch a film on the #UKChina Year of Cultural Exchange https://t.co/C1TXmJZdTh

@RoyalCentral: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with President Xi and Madame Peng at Lancaster House (via @Frankie_Mack)https://t.co/HpOsGNV46m

@RegalEyes: Duchess of Cambridge and Madame Peng of China at a creative industries event at Lancaster House. https://t.co/syJ5DXNPwi

@RoyalReporter: The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a burgundy dress by Dolce & Gabbana today as she and Prince William host China's President Xi.

She looks great! Very elegant while still looking very much "her". I like it! The neckline feels almost like a nod to the chinese fashion! I like it alot!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a pity, that girly hairdo giving her a slouching look while receiving a guest on highest protocollary level. The hair up, the hair up, the hair up! (That counts for all royal ladies with long hair).

What a pity, that girly hairdo giving her a slouching look while receiving a guest on highest protocollary level. The hair up, the hair up, the hair up! (That counts for all royal ladies with long hair).
Haha, I knew someone would say that. I love her long hair, it's so lucious and pretty. A good blowout is all a girl need :) With this dress and matching shoes and all she could have ended up really matronly with an updo. Maybe a ponytail, but not a classic updo, that would age her I think.

I agree that the hair should be up. The quality of the lace is nice to look at. Expensive lace will always look better and it shows here.

Haha, I knew someone would say that. I love her long hair, it's so lucious and pretty. A good blowout is all a girl need :) With this dress and matching shoes and all she could have ended up really matronly with an updo. Maybe a ponytail, but not a classic updo, that would age her I think.

The hair is wonderful, lush, thick and shiny. Catherine running on the beach with her hair moving is the best advert for Wella or Schwarzkopf. However this was a State Visit and her shoulder- and neckline was hidden by all that hair. She already has such a long face and chin structure and then the hair with slouching effect on her posture does not really help...

Ok I really like that dress. I like it better than the red dress she wore last night.

LaRae

Well, I don't like the dress.. I think the color is too dark for Kate, and the neckline is awful... She looks much older and ready for a mourning event. I can't like it...:ermm::ohmy:

I love this D&G dress and it does work for Kate though i would prefer a different colour for her. A half up/half down hairstyle might have been better to show off the lovely lace

I agree with the half up / down hairdo idea. That would have been much more elegant with this particular dress. I love the dress color but for me personally, lace in dark colors always seems tacky. But the dress looks nice on Kate because it actually FITS her!

Not a fan of this.. positively funereal IMHO..

I agree me too. The dress is fine but with that hair lost. I do not like the makeup look older.

I love the dress, and I think that plum color is gorgeous!

Also I may be in the minority but I prefer her hair down for daytime.

i think kate is looking superb again! shiny lace is a strange choice for the daytime, but i still like it. i wonder if she is not cold without a coat though - plus, a coat would have given her look a more elegant and protocolar appearance.

The plum lace dress... First of all, I am so sick of lace dresses that I could scream. The color is pretty but I am not loving it on Kate. According to another site, the dress is roughly $2800.00. I wouldn't give you $50.00 for it. At this time of day, I think it looks cheap and so does she. In an evening setting, with her security blanket hair up she might look better. The bottom line is, Kate is dressed for a cocktail party and everyone else isn't.

I might as well weigh in on the hair. The Farah Fawcett description is appropriate. I find it amazing that Kate's hair has been getting thicker since college. With most people the hair gets thinner as they get older. I keep hoping that George will sneak into Mommy's room at night with a pair of scissors and start cutting. If her hair was cut back to just above her shoulders she would look more modern and less like a hair commercial from the 1970's or a cocker spaniel.

I love the dress and the color, the long sleeves and length is great on The Duchess, I also really like the high neck. I thought The Duchess make up was a bit dull IMO and her hair was lovely but it didn't show off the lovely neck detailing.
I liked the her pumps but her clutch was off.

It amuses me that some are calling it Farrah Fawcett hair. It's said that Prince Charles loves the Farrah Fawcett look and that's why Camilla wears that hairstyle. Here's a picture of Charles and Farrah together. Note the Camilla hair. http://www.corbisimages.com/stock-p...e-charles-speaking-with-farrah-fawcett-majors

I don't see Farrah Fawcett hair on Catherine at all. I think some people are mixing up the Angels. Catherine's hair is much more Jaclyn Smith.

Btw, I liked her dress but I wish she paired it with funkier earrings - like her blue topaz open circle earrings. It would have made the look less stern.

Last edited:
I think she looks good love the lace dress. As for the hair not Farah at all to me.

I like the dress and shoes but IMO with an up do it would have been much better.

The plum lace dress... First of all, I am so sick of lace dresses that I could scream. The color is pretty but I am not loving it on Kate. According to another site, the dress is roughly $2800.00. I wouldn't give you $50.00 for it. At this time of day, I think it looks cheap and so does she. In an evening setting, with her security blanket hair up she might look better. The bottom line is, Kate is dressed for a cocktail party and everyone else isn't.
Although I like the dress, I agree with you about it being more appropriate for a cocktail party. Even if she had worn a coat over the dress in a coordinating color it would have been better.

Last edited by a moderator:
The very same Catherine in this dress, with the hair nicely up, was an absolute winner. She indeed just dragged it down and did no justice to the beauty of the dress.

A word about lace dresses....

Wearing lace in the daytime is a thing now. Last week, on the day of
the Democratic debate, a group of women 'talking heads' were discussing issues on a mid day talk show. Three of the five were wearing lace dresses in various colors (no bridal white or funereal black). So I can't fault a princess doing the same at an important and sophisticated event. I'm not yet as sick of colored lace as I am of black lace, especially the see-through styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom