The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 - September 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Catherine looks casual, and nice. Yes, the shoes weren't the best choice, but perhaps she feels more comfortable in them. I know plenty of people who hate wearing flat shoes, because they feel as if they don't have any support.

I agree with those who think it's a deliberate strategy to keep the media from going too crazy.

I am among those people too. Her first priority isn't the clothes she wears nor are the reactions she gets from them. She dresses appropriately and to her own taste and I'm fine with that. Then again, I'm not overly interested in what people wear as a rule too.

I believe the press is trying to turn her into a fashion icon like Diana.
But Kate isn't letting them!

I just don't thinkl there is a need for her to continually have new clothes, or exciting clothes to wear to public engagements. I am one of the few people who think she should recycle her wardrobe more, not less. We live in a highly wasteful culture, and if she can be a role model for continuing to reuse our things, IMO, that would certainly have some benefit.

I believe the press is trying to turn her into a fashion icon like Diana.
But Kate isn't letting them!
I beg to differ. There has been so much information available regarding every outfit she's ever bought on the High Street and these labels are even resurrecting styles from years before and restocking them because if Catherine wears it, it sells. Hairdressers too are ringing up the tills as fans opt for glossy brown sausage curls. An unwilling High Street show pony perhaps, but a show pony none the less.

I just don't thinkl there is a need for her to continually have new clothes, or exciting clothes to wear to public engagements. I am one of the few people who think she should recycle her wardrobe more, not less. We live in a highly wasteful culture, and if she can be a role model for continuing to reuse our things, IMO, that would certainly have some benefit.
I too like to see her recycling her clothes but if it is exactly the same hairstyle, shirt, blazer, jeggings and wedges then I'm bored. She has more than enough clothing to mix it up more than a little. The Stella McCartney dress is an excellent example.

As I've said before, if she's walking George or Lupo she can wear what she likes but when she is being the public face of the BRF then there is a standard below which she should not drop. Even William and Harry wore shirts and slacks and not tee shirts and jeans when they "dressed casually".

Last edited:
You are so correct, Marg! I could not have said it better if I tried.

As I've said before, if she's walking George or Lupo she can wear what she likes but when she is being the public face of the BRF then there is a standard below which she should not drop. Even William and Harry wore shirts and slacks and not tee shirts and jeans when they "dressed casually".

I don't see the problem with her outfit. She's wearing skinny jeans, a nice top with a blazer and some wedges. Not the most exciting outfit, but it's appropriate for the venue.

William also wore jeans to the event.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014...ge_galleryImage_Mandatory_Credit_Photo_by.JPG

Last edited:
I don't see the problem with her outfit. She's wearing skinny jeans, a nice top with a blazer and some wedges. Not the most exciting outfit, but it's appropriate for the venue.

William also wore jeans to the event.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014...ge_galleryImage_Mandatory_Credit_Photo_by.JPG

I don't see a problem with this outfit either. It's not as if she was presenting medals, or greeting dignitaries. This was a sporting event, so it made sense to dress in more casual manner. I don't get why people complain about Catherine wearing jeggings/jeans, but they apparently have no issues with William or Harry coming to the same event along with Catherine in the same type of attire. Other royals, such as Sophie were dressed casually as well. No complaints there. I get that we're all entitled to our own opinions, but sometimes I get the feeling that some just want to nitpick when it comes to Catherine. Please, do give it a break.

I do love the colour of the dress there isn't much to say though.

The Duchess in Liege today;

@britishroyals: Prince William & Kate arrive in Liège & are geeted by Belgium's King Philippe & Queen Mathilde #WW1centenary http://t.co/xmI6et5DMg

Too short, boring colour and she could have done better for the event. Usual really.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/04/1407143754752_wps_14_epa04340360_L_R_Queen_Mat.jpg

IMO the skirt is an inch or so too short. Why is it so difficult to wear at least at such solemn occasions knee length, as Queen Mathilde does.
The material looks quite rough and thick so there doesnt seem to be the danger of the skirt flying up.
I like the hairstyle/hat/earrings, the shoes have been repeated so often that I wonder if Kate owns 10 pairs of them.

Too short and the color is just ok....style is ok not really fond of the outfit.

LaRae

It seems too childish for such an event... I hate that peter pan collar but I like the color even if I still don't know if it is cream o a very light pink... Hideous hat :-(

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 15: July 2014 -

I like the outfit and have no issues with the length. The above pic is not perhaps a flattering view due to her stance.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think she looks fine. I don't think it's too short - it's hardly a mini skirt. I like the hat.

If you like suit looks this is terrific. Not too fussy but a little on trend. The vaguely poppy-esque shape of the doo dad on the hat is a nice touch. I like it - it is typical, suitable-to-the-event-Kate.

I like it too; it is quite pretty and appropriate for the event.
The length is fine, imo. (If it were longer, it would be called matronly.)

Well I have to admit I was surprised by Catherine's ensemble. An indeterminate clotted cream coloured suit with a peter pan collar which was, needless to say, a little short for the occasion. I am at a loss as to her colour choice for such an important event. It was a solemn remembrance, a 100 Year commemmoration of what was known as The War to End All Wars. Against Queen Mathilde's mute pale grey/blue, it came up short.

Her natty little hat sailed alone because to did not remotely match or accent any other item she wore which was a shame because it is really quite lovely.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/04/article-2715336-203CE0D100000578-596_470x680.jpg

Oh dear, it is never easy to curtsey to a King or Queen when your skirt is too short. She looks awkward and gangly trying to get low enough to be polite.

http://i.imgur.com/IqrJ31N.jpg

Lovely outfit. The combination of that long hair with the beret did not win me. It would have looked more poised with the hair up. I am surprised to see the ladies at this event in bright colours, as if it was a fun event. I expected more subdued colours.

I like the outfit. I don't think it's too childish, short or inappropriate. I also like the hat, but I'm one of those that actually likes smaller hats.

As for her curtesy, I don't see anything wrong with it.

I like the outfit. I don't think it's too childish, short or inappropriate. I also like the hat, but I'm one of those that actually likes smaller hats.

As for her curtesy, I don't see anything wrong with it.

I agree. I thought Catherine's outfit was just fine. The colour is nice and suits her. However I'm not a fan of her hat, since I don't like the orange decoration (which looks as if it's meant to imitate coral wreaths), since it looks a little awkward to me.

Love Kate's look today. Love the outfit, love the hat and I love the colour. All class. She has such a beautiful smile and just radiates beauty.

Queen Mathilda's dress looks like it doesn't fit properly. Its not often Mathilda gets beat in the fashion stakes but the Duchess wins this one hands down.

Last edited:
I find kate's outfit fine. The only thing I can't stand is the collar...it seems a bit childish. Although I'd like to see her more with updos I like her hair and the hat.
I don't mind the colour and there's nothing inappropriate.
Although I can't say she's better dressed than Queen Mathilde. It's a complete other level. She's a young princess (technically speaking). Mathilde is a Queen. They're both dressed properly according to their status.

The Queen's outfit is lovely. Kate, well, er...meh. :whistling:

I find it interesting that both women opted for light colours - something that may have been discussed ahead of the event (although I find that a little unlikely).
I don't get how the shape of a collar can be called childish - surely not because it's called a Peter Pan collar :)

The stitching at the bust and the Peter Pan color are the two things that I just don't care for. The color is fine and the hat is good. The length doesn't bother me so much, but could have been an inch or 2 longer. All-in-all she looks okay.

I find it interesting that both women opted for light colours - something that may have been discussed ahead of the event (although I find that a little unlikely).
I don't get how the shape of a collar can be called childish - surely not because it's called a Peter Pan collar :)

I used the word childish because a lot of clothes from my childhood had the same type of collar (not to mention my school uniform). But I just probably grew up in a time when Peter Pan collar was fashionable for little girls' clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom