The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 26: May 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 26 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 25: January 2019 - May 2019 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I love the color...not a huge fan of those skinny jeans/pants.

LaRae

No thanks. I'm fine with skinny's, but these knee high heeled boots really are dated and the stiff jacket combined with the turtleneck is a bit too uniform-y for me to like it.

I like the jacket.
She looks very nice.

Love the jacket, the colour is stunning for such a grey day!
I don’t think much of the whole “outfit” though.

I love the color of the jacket on Catherine, but it would look much better with proper trousers.

I see she's back to the skinny pants. What a pity. I do like the jacket & boots.

Jacket is fantastic, I love the color on her. :flowers:

But the turtleneck and the horrible skinny jeans just ruin the look. :ermm:

I have never been a fan of turtlenecks and agree about the knee high boots - a little dated. So easy to turn this into a good look with that lovely jacket.

Still hate the turtleneck and skinny jeans :ermm:

But this is a better look. The proportion of the coat helps with the leggings. And the boots are better.

The Duchess looked lovely in a navy and white polka-dotted dress at Bletchley Park today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...t-visits-D-Day-exhibition-Bletchley-Park.html

Some links to the actual dress:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/14/15/13485102-7027729-image-a-145_1557842700843.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/05/14/15/13485202-0-image-a-141_1557842685455.jpg

This is a recycled Alessandra Rich dress, but we've never seen it full length only in the shots from Prince Charles' Birthday pictures.

Portrait Picture 2018

It was also worn by Suits actress Abigail Spencer to Henry and Meghans wedding last May.

The dress can use a few more buttons.

I think it would look dowdy if it buttoned all the way down. (That's the case with so many of those mid-length dresses.) The opening saves it, imo.

I think it would look dowdy if it buttoned all the way down. (That's the case with so many of those mid-length dresses.) The opening saves it, imo.

It doesn't have to be all the way done, but it definitely need a couple more or it honestly is awkward when the wind is blowing. It would've been fine with the lighter material. This actually the perfect material to have this length at since it'll give it an airy feel.

I love the dress EXCEPT ...it's off somewhere on how it fits on Kate. Maybe due to her long torso.

LaRae

A pretty dress but I don't like how much leg is exposed, it borders on inappropriate IMO. The skirt needs a lining, too. I thought Catherine had figured this stuff out at this point.

Not a dress for a breezy day! Although it's not the first time she's worn something with a high slit showing a lot of leg.

LaRae

A pretty dress but I don't like how much leg is exposed, it borders on inappropriate IMO. The skirt needs a lining, too. I thought Catherine had figured this stuff out at this point.
Yes it's a rookie mistake & detracts from her elegance.

I'm no Mary Whitehouse but I agree it could do with a few more just incase.

Other than that the duchess looked very lovely today.

I think the button situation is fine. It's not the first time (and won't be the last) that we've seen a royal wear a dress with high slit/expose some leg.

I'm not fond of this style of dress. I don't particularly care for how it fits.

Office at the top and party at the bottom. I love it. It's sexy but still subtle.

Reactions: Fem
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom