The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 23 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 22: May 2017 - August 2017 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Yes quite a surprise in that bold red! She looks great!

LaRae

Really like this dress, the color is lovely and the neckline is so cute. Perfect after giving birth! I also liked the dress she wore when she gave birth to Charlotte, so pretty and spring-like. The one that I like less is the blue one from George's birth.

She is obviously an amazingly fit woman , simply glowing with health and looking beautiful only a few hours after childbirth. Go Kate!:flowers:

Really like this dress, the color is lovely and the neckline is so cute. Perfect after giving birth! I also liked the dress she wore when she gave birth to Charlotte, so pretty and spring-like. The one that I like less is the blue one from George's birth.

That's what I think too! :flowers:
(Maybe we are not fans of polka dots?)

The woman just gave birth. She looks amazing regardless what she decided to wear. :flowers:

She has looked good on all three occasions when leaving the hospital, but this is my favourite. I love the colour and the little lace collar.

She looks lovely - and a nod to the Flag of St George (red and white) on St George's Day.

The woman just gave birth. She looks amazing regardless what she decided to wear. :flowers:
True indeed, but I wwas talking about the dress itself not Catherine, she looks amazing in all free. But polka-dots are not my thing, and the fabric of the blue dress looked a bit cheap to me. However, the yellow/white dress and this red dress are very beautiful, I wouldn't mind having each of them for myself, great choices indeed!

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 -

Red with a white collar. A little tribute to Diana going home with her second son?
https://goo.gl/images/13NKMX

Last edited:
Red is definitely a great color on Catherine; she should wear that more often.

Pretty dress on a lovely woman, I like this the best of the three going home dresses.

The red dress was just lovely; suited her so well. And her mini-me in blue looked cute as well – and hasn't she perfected the Royal wave!

God this is what I was afraid of, people thinking everything anyone in that family does is about Diana.
Anyone the ruffle around the neck looks horrible. The best look was the first one.

When she wore a red dress with white collar for the birth of her second son, like Diana did, you had to see it coming. Fair or not, first thing that popped into my mind when I saw it, 'I think she wore red for Harry' and I was right. Whether it was intentional nod to Diana or coincidental, cant help that people see the similarities.

She looks great in red though. And lovely. Amazing only been hours. :flowers:

God this is what I was afraid of, people thinking everything anyone in that family does is about Diana.
Anyone the ruffle around the neck looks horrible. The best look was the first one.

Not everything, I just see her included in little things in big family moments: the engagement ring, the polka dot dress showing George, Charlottes third name and now the dress showing son 2.

I think the Red/White is for St George's Day...nothing at all to do with what Diana wore over 30 years ago.

LaRae

I think the Red/White is for St George's Day...nothing at all to do with what Diana wore over 30 years ago.

LaRae

Not unless today was her due date. I would thinks she had her look selected ahead of time. But then again maybe she was due today.

LaRae
Not unless today was her due date. I would thinks she had her look selected ahead of time. But then again maybe she was due today.
I think the colour of the dress was serendipitous as she knows she looks good in red and decided she needed a lift in case she was looking a little wan.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:

Based on announcements, I would guess 22nd or 23rd would be what her due date was. So it probably wasn't a stretch to think baby would come, and have a few different choices based on days.

When she wore a red dress with white collar for the birth of her second son, like Diana did, you had to see it coming. Fair or not, first thing that popped into my mind when I saw it, 'I think she wore red for Harry' and I was right. Whether it was intentional nod to Diana or coincidental, cant help that people see the similarities.

She looks great in red though. And lovely. Amazing only been hours. :flowers:

I scoffed when folks speculated that the polka dot dress was a nod to Diana, but wearing a dress with a lace collar for her second son is harder to dismiss. It's not like she wears a lot of lace collars (I may have missed one). It may be unintentional but I am beginning to think it isn't a coincidence. If it is a tribute to Diana, I think it is a bit strange. I can think of a million other ways to honor Diana than wearing polka dots or lace collars.

Don't think she was due today; parking signs were up since April 10; so most likely she was due the 18th (or so). Only a few days late this time...

Some UK royal reporters have said 23rd April for over a month now. But whether inside info on due date or just lucky - who knows.

Could well of been her due date...and even if not, she would of had a couple options sitting ready.

LaRae

I scoffed when folks speculated that the polka dot dress was a nod to Diana, but wearing a dress with a lace collar for her second son is harder to dismiss. It's not like she wears a lot of lace collars (I may have missed one). It may be unintentional but I am beginning to think it isn't a coincidence. If it is a tribute to Diana, I think it is a bit strange. I can think of a million other ways to honor Diana than wearing polka dots or lace collars.

She's worn lace collars during the last several months..it's a thing this past year. Several of the Royal Families have had ladies showing up in them.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
She's worn lace collars during the last several months..it's a thing this past year. Several of the Royal Families have had ladies showing up in them.

LaRae

You are probably right--at least I hope so. I think it would be a little creepy if she wasn't a coincidence.

She looks so pretty in red. I’ve liked each dress she wore better than the last. But they all looked good on her.

Diana may have worn red too, but the styles are so dissimilar, I almost don’t see the resemblance.

She looks so pretty in red. I’ve liked each dress she wore better than the last. But they all looked good on her.

Diana may have worn red too, but the styles are so dissimilar, I almost don’t see the resemblance.

Really? Kate's dress looked to me like a modern version of Diana's dress - no way that wasn't done on purpose - especially with such a Peter Pan collar that went out of style 5 years ago. If this was baby #1, I could see it being more of a coincidence, but because it was #3 after that Peter Pan collar has long gone out of style in favor of sharper preppy collars, I really do think it was on purpose.

I thought it was a lovely tribute. Especially since I thought Kate's dress was so much more flattering than Diana's (minus the collar - didn't really like it on either woman).

Kate looked great for just having given birth. In heels, no less. *respect*

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 23: September 2017 -

Kate’s dress is more flattering. I’m not a huge fan of the Peter Pan collar either, but I do think it kept the dress from maybe being a bit plain. The more I look at the collar, the more I like this one. I guess it is growing on me. Lol

I didn’t get a great look at Diana’s, but even with the similar collars, the styles look very different to me. It kind of reminds me of all the comparisons to Grace Kelly’s wedding dress. I saw some basic similarities, but the difference is I like Kate’s so much better than Grace’s.

It may well have been a nod to Diana. Either way, Kate looks amazing in red. Always does.

Last edited:
I am sure these nods to her late mil were planned, she is a planner. I don’t like such collars as a rule, but this one was lovely, the neckline was open and lower than a crew neck and the color was very wide and open feeling. The lace collar makes me think of a baby too.
Btw, Williams remark, “we didn’t keep you waiting so long this time” as he entered the car was meant to say that she wasn’t overdue, it was supposedly her due date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom