The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2015 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France

Welcome to Part 16 of the thread for The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion

You can find the previous thread here.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Finally a professional look for Kate! This suit is appropraite for the type of emgagement and her age! Her hair is also appearing much better:fuller, not flat and pinned it back like that does wonder! Today Kate looked the matured woman on 33 years old she is.... not a teen or a girl in her early twenties! Well done...

The hair looks better....the style of the outfit is very nice....but the color is kinda blah.

Is the monochrome look the new thing this fall? Everything matches.

LaRae

The hair looks better....the style of the outfit is very nice....but the color is kinda blah.

Is the monochrome look the new thing this fall? Everything matches.

LaRae
I think it being blah might have been on purpose. Notice she is wearing unusually small earrings as well and only her engagement+wedding rings as other jewellry.

Nice look but I agree that much tediousness. All the same color clothes, shoes, bag. The hair is very much better.

It was a professional visit to a prison. My opinion, this was a professional look and totally appropriate but I am no fashionista.

I like the look; very professional. I think when going to a prison, you may have to go through metal defectors, so wearing a lot of jewelry may be more hassle than it's worth.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

IMO an appropriate low key look for today.

This beige outfit reminds me of one she wore similar on the Canada tour straight after she was married i think it was by Marlene Birger. It is an appropriate look for the visit to the prison.
At the moment i have to look away from her hair i just can't bring myself to like it that much.

She doesn't tend to wear much jewelry anyway so to me it's not any more understated than her usual look.

I like the outfit, it's appropriate for the event...just it's a lot of grey, monochrome....since Sofia did this the other day with beige...that's why I asked about if this was a new thing for fall.

LaRae

Last edited:
When I first saw this dress in a thumbnail, I though "typically appropriate, dull Kate." Then I saw larger photos and was wowed by the texture of the dress - which elevates it completely for me. The half peplum also worked to my eye. Very ladylike and lovely.

She doesn't tend to wear much jewelry anyway so to me it's not any more understated than her usual look.

I like the outfit, it's appropriate for the event...just it's a lot of grey, monochrome....since Sofia did this the other day with beige...that's why I asked about if this was a new thing for fall.

LaRae
I think it might be a thing this fall but I'm not sure :p The thing that made me react on her jewellry is that even though she doens't wear alot of it she usually wears some sort of dangle earrings and I noticed that these weren't! :)

When I first saw this dress in a thumbnail, I though "typically appropriate, dull Kate." Then I saw larger photos and was wowed by the texture of the dress - which elevates it completely for me. The half peplum also worked to my eye. Very ladylike and lovely.
I agree, I loved the fabric! It was a classic and professional look with something little extra!

Last edited by a moderator:
I find the peplum look interesting...I wore dresses with peplums back in the day ...lol everything gets recycled.

LaRae

This beige outfit reminds me of one she wore similar on the Canada tour straight after she was married i think it was by Marlene Birger. It is an appropriate look for the visit to the prison.
At the moment i have to look away from her hair i just can't bring myself to like it that much.

i thought the same thing! i liked that dress as well - but I think that was a lighter weight fabric.

LOVE this outfit, and the hair looks great, too. The only thing that would make me like it even more would be if it had a bit more color to it, but I realize it's perfectly appropriate for the occasion as it is.

I find the peplum look interesting...I wore dresses with peplums back in the day ...lol everything gets recycled.

LaRae

Oh, peplums have made a big comeback in the past, I don't know, three or four years. For a season or two, they were a big deal on the red carpet, but that's kind of faded a bit.

LOVE this outfit, and the hair looks great, too. The only thing that would make me like it even more would be if it had a bit more color to it, but I realize it's perfectly appropriate for the occasion as it is.

Oh, peplums have made a big comeback in the past, I don't know, three or four years. For a season or two, they were a big deal on the red carpet, but that's kind of faded a bit.

Yup. Peplums have definitely been in for a few years now. Kate's worn a few dresses or jackets with peplums on them in the past too.

I thought the dress was perfect for the occasion, but even so, Kate was criticized for wearing an expensive dress to meet women who probably could never afford a similar item.

Really, she can't win! If she'd worn a cheap dress, the same person would have said she was being condescending.

I like this look on Catherine very much - I can see how it could be accessorised for a more formal occasion with, say, burgundy hat, gloves and shoes. I'm so glad she has gone for a more structured, fitted look!

I thought the dress was perfect for the occasion, but even so, Kate was criticized for wearing an expensive dress to meet women who probably could never afford a similar item.

Really, she can't win! If she'd worn a cheap dress, the same person would have said she was being condescending.
I think she struck a nice balance. The clothes were nice and professional and up to par with her role, but they were rather "plain" in colour. I think she did nicely, there will always be someone complaining.!

I'm reminded of the Queen Mother's visit to the bombed-out East End during the Blitz. When someone questioned her elegant manner of dress, she said, I'm sure they would have worn their best clothes if they came to visit me.
At any rate, the women who met her today would have been disappointed if she had show up in jeans and a sweater. (Remember the schoolkids several years ago who didn't think Kate was a princess because of the casual way she was dressed?)

The hair-fingering and head-tossings to keep the coiffure out of her eyes and off her face are very distracting and unprofessional.

Last edited:
The hair-fingering and head-tossings to keep the coiffeur out of her eyes and off her face are very distracting and unprofessional.

Huh? Is this a general comment or specifically related to Kate's appearance today? Because I just went back and looked through all of the pictures from today, and the only time I saw her touch her hair was in a short video clip, where you can see her brush her hair behind her hear for a split second (which seemed quite normal/practical rather than unprofessional in any way). Personally, the only think I noticed about her hair today is that she seems to have had a good blow out, as her hair looks nice and full.

She looked very nice and professional I can imagine choosing an outfit for this visit took some time because you want to look nice but not too nice; bring some color but not over the too flashy. I think she struck a good balance even down to the beige shoes. And I for one love how she holds her purses, she's been doing that for years; I recall hearing somewhere that such a pose is an unconscious defense mechanism.

The Duchess looks lovely.

I'm not sure what to think of her hair, one moment I love it and the next I want her to go the the hairdresser as soon as possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom