The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 14: May 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to part 14 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 13: April 2014 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

May 29, 2014 - Catherine in a Jonathan Saunders coat, Goat dress, nude heels and a matching clutch.

Full view ** Close up

The outfit is not bad but her coat looks a size too big. I also would've liked it more if the buttons of th coat where left open.

Blimey ! Is that an actual brooch she's wearing ???

Not a fan of this coat - I don't think the style does anything for her, nor the colour. Hate to resurrect the hair debate but it looks pretty unkempt - even the parting is all over the place and the poor brooch is lost.

The coat seems to be heavy for a late spring engagement. Is it that cold in Scotland?
Tragic eyeliner and makeup are not flattering at all.

I like the coat, but it does seem a bit too big on her. The brooch is lost with all her hair covering it, shame since it is a very pretty one.

Terrible. Looks like something a horse would wear in its stall. Not flattering. :ermm:

Well, it's nice to see them out and about, but because I've spent much time recently in awe and wonder of the fashions of Queen Maxima, it is somewhat of a shock to come back down to earth and suddenly see the Duchess of Cambridge's most recent outfit....
I quite like the colour and stripe effect, but it does seems rather a heavy material to be wearing a few days before June! I prefer red in the Autumn or Winter and do like to see lighter, more spring-like colours at this time of the year.
Thank goodness HRH is wearing a brooch, a small brooch with not much sparkle, but nonetheless a brooch!

Love the red coat's colors, but I agree it seems a bit big on her.

Blimey ! Is that an actual brooch she's wearing ???

According to the Daily Mail, it's "a delicate Celtic knot brooch that was a wedding present from her husband".

I'm not sure if the coat is too big for her, or if it's just too big, period. I think the latter, since the shoulders seem to fit her. It looks bulky.

I'm not crazy about the fit of the coat - it seems a bit off in the shoulder area, but I do love the color and the style.

Nothing to do with fashion, but I really like the close up. It's a great photo of them.

Last edited:
According to the Daily Mail, it's "a delicate Celtic knot brooch that was a wedding present from her husband".

I'm not sure if the coat is too big for her, or if it's just too big, period. I think the latter, since the shoulders seem to fit her. It looks bulky.

Only the DM is saying the brooch is from William, the others just says a private wedding present. I don't think that William and Kate would share what they got each other for their wedding. That would be something for them to keep for themselves especially since they have to share much of their life with the public.

I like the outfit on her....wish we could see the dress though.

LaRae

I liked Catherine's outfit today. Her coat looks really cosy (I favour cosy 'wearable hugs' type outfits, so I might be biased on this one) and I love that shade of red. Nice to see her wearing a brooch.

The coat seems to be heavy for a late spring engagement. Is it that cold in Scotland?

It depends where you are in Scotland, I would think. In the North, it can be very cold, and they usually always have snow in the winter months. I did a quick Google search and where William and Catherine are it's 14°C at the moment, so not that cold but still not that hot either. :flowers:

I just like that rosy red, but don't care for the stripes and agree the size is too big on her. It must be chilly in Scotland as well if the coat is heavy. I can't say much about the usual hairstyle and makeup, but it is nice to see a brooch on her through the curtain of hair.

Last edited:

Its cold. I'm in the south and yesterday we put the heating back on.

Just tragic .. she looks awful IMO I am not a fan of the colour on her is more orange than red it appears drab and yes the hair and the eyeliner ..

I like the colours but the coat looks heavy and bulky, not very flattering. Kate looks stressed out and haggard, hair as usual no comment.

[snipped]
It depends where you are in Scotland, I would think. In the North, it can be very cold, and they usually always have snow in the winter months. I did a quick Google search and where William and Catherine are it's 14°C at the moment, so not that cold but still not that hot either. :flowers:
Its cold. I'm in the south and yesterday we put the heating back on.
I see. I visited Scotland and liked a cool summer very much. Hopefully a cold spell will end soon.

Last edited:
Don't like it all. The fabric, the stripes, she reminds me of a piece of fruit but I can't think which. I want to say strawberry.
I know what it is. A blob of raspberry jelly.
I hope that isn't too unkind, but it is what it really makes me think of.

Last edited:
I don't like this outfit at all. The coat is too big on her and once again she seems to be hiding behind a big coat and her curtain of her. The brooch, however nice, was very badly used: not only it's hidden behind the hair, it's also badly positioned. She should have worn another coat to make it shine. Bad choice.

I love the shade of red, but that's about it.

A half updo for her hair, and it would have been altogether a perfect outfit for the weather and occasion.

I don't think the coat is nice. The color (I hate red) to the fit. It doesn't really fit like a glove.

What is the deal with coat dresses anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom