The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 5: October 2013 - October 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 5

The previous thread can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators

The black dress is simple and pretty, it also seems to be very comfortable. But overall it's not a memorable piece.

Black, ir navy blue, it's one lovely dress. Catherine looks fabulous.

Looks black to me and it is a pretty dress. But the thing that stands out for me the most is how beautiful her hair and face look.

Nope. The nude mesh underneath is not pretty and it's not a memorable dress. The lace looks like a table cloth one would find at their grandma's house.

Her hair looks good though. It looks darker to me.

I'm not crazy about this dress.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

From a journalist not know to be all that supportive

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 20m
As someone who was there, I'd say it was beautiful in the flesh but photographed terribly....mf

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 21m
The champagne lining was actually very delicate but looks like American Tan tights in pictures...shame as it was a very, very pretty dress

I think she is appropriately dressed - she is there for the dinner and giving the award, but I feel that she is not staying for the ball (I may be proved wrong). Black tie is v specific for the men (lucky them) but there is a wide range of options for women - particularly in the Uk where anything from trousers thru to cocktail length to floor length dresses are acceptable.

Nope. The nude mesh underneath is not pretty and it's not a memorable dress. The lace looks like a table cloth one would find at their grandma's house.

Her hair looks good though. It looks darker to me.

I was about to say the same thing. I don't like the dress but I do think that it doesn't violate the dress code.

Ooh, I think the Duchess looks lovely. The design of the dress is very nice indeed, but as has been previously mentioned, because of the champagne colour underneath, it does not photograph well and I personally object to such a contrast in teh colours of the fabrics used.

I thought she would be in a gala dress as this was a gala event unless I understood it wrong. Nevertheless, the dress is nothing special, she could've worn a cocktail dress from the same designer which would've been much nicer. I like the shorter hair on her but I would've had it pulled up or back for the lace to show in the front. I wasn't fond of the red clutch with the look, it looked out of place even though it added colour.

It is a nice dress, except the front part, she seems like if she was wearing a life jacket, or a bulletprof jacket.

Last edited:
Black and boring, she could have worn something so much nicer.

Nothing to dislike about the dress, but nothing remarkable either. I don't think there's any photos that really does the dress justice - she is either holding the clutchbag in front which is not a good pose or, her hair is cascading forwards so we can't see the top of the dress. I recall Catherine wore a lovely pendant on a long chain to an event ( I think it might have been a reception to do with the Olympics) - this would have worked well with this dress I think. It certainly needs something for a special evening. I haven't seen any pics of other guests, but I imagine they would be wearing outfits more suited to a ball rather than a reception.

It looks like a summer dress to me, not a cocktail or a gala dress...I think think it was a proper dress for the ocassion...she looks lovely indeed but she should have choosen a different dress..

It looks like a summer dress to me, not a cocktail or a gala dress...I think think it was a proper dress for the ocassion...she looks lovely indeed but she should have choosen a different dress..

It's taffeta so it wouldn't be for summer.

The dress is attractive enough but not anything exceptional. Perhaps Kate chose it because it's something she'd easily be able to wear on many occasions? Still, she looked very pretty.

I don't love it don't hate it ... it is more of a day outfit IMO but I love the splash of red

It's a cocktail dress.
It reminds me of one that Letizia has and has worn a few times. I think it's the fabric and cut that looks similar to Letizia's .
Her diamond bracelet makes another appearance.

it looks like i'm the only one who liked this... hehe.

Oh my. I also don't like this one. Does absolutely nothing for her. Mistake on this one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

This is not my favorite look on her. There is nothing special about it. About the only thing I like is the red clutch. I also hate those platform heels she is wearing..

Not a fan of this look...

Somehow the bodice looks unattached to the skirt, as tho a black T-shirt has been thrown over a lace dress.

It looks like a summer dress to me too. It's very similar to the day dresses she wore in Malaysia and Singapore on the jubilee tour.

I don't care for this dress at all. The only thing I liked was the red clutch, but even that didn't accessorize well with the outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom