The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 9: April 2018 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine she was extremely hot in that dress today.

I wonder if that dress is made of ‘pebble’ silk. It has a raised texture, but it is extremely lightweight.

I have liked very few of the Wicksteads Sophie has worn :/ this is too long, too heavy and just very dated

Lovely lady, awful dress. Too long and heavy. Good color. Should be ditched.

I like this dress a lot, and it looks great on her.

The Countess of Wessex at a Leaders and Daughters Event at the offices of EY in London on July 2, recycling an Oscar de la Renta dress:

** Full view ** November 2017 **

Now this is lovely! Beautiful colors and print, great length, nice and summery. She looks great!

Its a beautiful dress really suits her the colour is lovely

Gorgeous dress & her hair looks great. She looks wonderful!

Beautiful dress which looks so much better on this second outing minus that jacket.

The Countess of Wessex at a service to mark RAF centenary today, July 10:

** Full view **

I love Sophie, I really do. But this dress does nothing for her. EW I think takes things too far in her designs. Why the need to put black cross-hatch on the sleeves of this dress. Also, the high neck does nothing for her.

I will say however, she looks marvellous in that shade of baby blue...but the style of dress is just ruins it.

I love Sophie, I really do. But this dress does nothing for her. EW I think takes things too far in her designs. Why the need to put black cross-hatch on the sleeves of this dress. Also, the high neck does nothing for her.

I will say however, she looks marvellous in that shade of baby blue...but the style of dress is just ruins it.

Pretty much.

This reminds me of nothing so much as a grown up version a smocked baby romper: you know, one of those high end hand-smocked garments in batiste that royals like to put babies in when they are on show. This is Emilia Wickstead's homage to those, and the lovely Countess fell for it.

So bad, except for the color.

I will say, the color is absolutely beautiful on Sophie. If I were judging this by color alone I'd say it's a winner by a mile. But, I'm not judging this by color alone and the fact remains that this just simply does nothing for her. I can see myself liking this jumpsuit on the hanger but on it really leaves a lot to be desired.

Oh dear, she is not an overweight lady at all but she looks at least 10 kg heavier with this dress ( or is it a jumpsuit ). She is just not tall enough for this outfit. The black "what ever you call this" on her arms ???:eek:
And what happened to her shoes, they look 20 year old shoes:ermm:
She is lovely and looks usually really good but she forgot to do an extra check before she walked out of her house

The color is beautiful on Sophie, and her hair looks fantastic with the soft waves, but this jumpsuit needs to be retired asap.

It is a shame I agree it does nothing for her the colour is peppermint and that it is niot good and the sleeves I liked it at Ascot it sort of fitted in there but not here and not ever again really

Sophie looks wonderful and I love the wavy look of her dress! This dress would be great for a summer evening party or wedding. Her hair does seem a bit messy but I rather like it nevertheless.

Aah, she look great! Love the dress, very flattering indeed!

Sophie looks wonderful. I'm seeing lots of red spotty dresses about lately. A nice, simple, summer look.

Just right for the event and the ideal dress to stay cool in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom