The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 8: April 2017 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The color is wonderful, but the fabric looks a little heavy for this time of year. Also, I love the necklace, but would have preferred another pair of earrings, preferably ones that matched the necklace.

The color is wonderful, but the fabric looks a little heavy for this time of year. Also, I love the necklace, but would have preferred another pair of earrings, preferably ones that matched the necklace.

Yes, the fabric is off ... too casual. At first glance it looks like terry toweling. The overall style of the dress is good.

And the earrings seem sort of wintry.

Great hat, shoes and necklace.

I really like the color and style of the dress..but something is off for me..maybe the fabric. She looks nice though.

LaRae

Maybe it is the fabric. Something does seem to be off.

It looks polyester-ish or heavy..something. If this would of been a silk or thin synthetic/cotton blend, it would of been a much better look.

LaRae

Green color looks great on her but the material looks too coarse. Love her necklace and even her headwear.

I love this outfit, especially the colour..... perfect !

And I loved this look. Especially in the carriage next to Kate. The contrast of the two looks each made the other look better.

I think a good strong green is always excellent when you have to dress up at sporting events. Personal taste, but there it is.

And a nice change of pace with the styling. My old Irish boss always admonished that if I were going to wear orange, I had better also be wearing green. :flowers:

And I adore that openwork hat! And she worked that dappled shadow off the hat like she was born to it.

I think her earrings and necklace didn't go together at Ascot; both were 'statement' pieces.

I liked the way her hat caused patterns on the plain dress. I like the colour. The fabric looks a bit thick for such a hot day.

And I loved this look. Especially in the carriage next to Kate. The contrast of the two looks each made the other look better.

I think a good strong green is always excellent when you have to dress up at sporting events. Personal taste, but there it is.

And a nice change of pace with the styling. My old Irish boss always admonished that if I were going to wear orange, I had better also be wearing green. :flowers:

And I adore that openwork hat! And she worked that dappled shadow off the hat like she was born to it.

I LOVED her hat...that was the best thing she had on!

LaRae

I surprisingly find myself liking her hat a lot. Rare for me when not proper hat.

I love the color of her dress. And the style of it is fantastic. Fantastic necklace :flowers:

The fabric thohgh is wrong. I really like she chose a coloured stone to contrast with all green look. But the chunky earring it's set in doesn't work.

I thought Sophie's entire ensemble worked exceptionally well. Each piece working off the other such as the flash of amber/orange on the earring picking up on the pale straw colour of her hat and, at the same time, providing a flash of warmth under the shaded brim.
The dress seemed to be made of either fine wool or some such and that particular shade of forest green did wonders for Sophie's colouring. The style, with its long yet shapely line, was designed for a woman's figure and the tiny flirty flip at the hem was delightful as indeed was the length.

This dress was made for a woman secure in her own skin, nearer in age to Sophie than Catherine and Sophie rocked it. The precise tilt of the hat, her earrings, her deliberate use of a large green pendant framed by the green of her dress neckline was a master stroke. Her cream clutch and shoes and most of all her deportment, all of these worked together to produce a very classically elegant and confident woman.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ZENQMfyD...CDVnapb-8nwCLcBGAs/s1600/Mumby_Wessex-006.JPG

The green dress had a great neckline and the jade necklace was perfect for it as was the hat. However, the way the dress was seamed,was,very distracting. I don't like a middle seam in a dress, especially in a solid color. They also seamedmthe sleeve right down the middle. A very cheap way to do things designed as "fashion"

Not crazy about the pink dress, it has a kind of droopy feel about it. But that hat is to die for!!!!!!

The color is great and that hat is lovely...not to sure about the style of the dress though.

LaRae

Interesting style and the side glimpse suggests the it would be good to get a view of the back. This is a lovely Ascot outfit.

Last edited:
The color is great. And I love her hat :flowers:

But the collar and sleeves :eek: Reminds me of a little girl. Needs to go.:sad:

I love her hat from yesterday but the dress wasn't my favourite. The material just looked so hot and heavy. I think I'd like it more if it wasn't so long. If it was above the knee i'd love it. The colour is gorgeous though.

Very nice outfit for the Countess. I do like her in cream, which some don't seem to wear well. And of course her hair and hat are lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this dress and much prefer the length of this dress. Sophie is with her dad today so she isn't in the Royal Box and she isn't wearing her Royal Box badge.

I haven't like any of the dresses Sophie wore this week. Wickstead continues her trend of badly fitted dresses. Plus Sophie's insistence on wearing stockings and those ugly shoes brings the outfits into frump territory.

The hats have been glorious though. Especially the pink one from Wednesday.

I like what Sophie's wearing today -- the white ensemble with A-line elements in the skirt. The fabric on these current dresses of hers does seem heavy, but overall, they fit into what I see as her signature look. Great hat as usual for the Countess,

The cream outfit is lovely, the best of her Ascot looks so far!

She looks just lovely today..her best look so far at Ascot!

LaRae

I am not sure about the pink and the white ... there is something about them that I just don't like The hat with the pink dress is very English country garden and a bit too garden for me. Is Emilia Wickstead for her I have started to question that fashion relationship.

The cream is by far her best look. This is the sophie I love:flowers:

I love the detail in the skirt. And the neckline. Enough detail to make cream dress just that much more interesting :)

Beautiful updo.

I've liked all the Ascot looks this year. I swooned over the pink hat which was just perfect (I even thought the pink dress OK, because she needed something semi-simple for the hat).

I'll remember the green and the pink hat. Maybe Sophie will go wild and figure out how to wear them together some day. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom