The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 8: April 2017 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a big big on her and I wish it was a different color...but like the style.

LaRae

Just some thoughts: for this coat to look 'good' (in the way I think is being meant) Sophie would have to be a stick figure.

This is an example of how the camera's eye creates impressions of body image that impact self-image. It is okay to look 'big'. JMO. :flowers:

Lovely coat but agree, seems too big on her. Much better if it fit her better.

Lovely coat, I really like it. And can see this in lots of different colors. I would venture to say that the collar is a hood also. She looks very elegant and stylish in this coat.

It’s a coat !! It’s worn over something else to keep you warm so it’s bigger !!! And yes it’s a hood
She looks lovely and very elegant

:previous: I have to wonder about coats. It seems some people only think of them in terms of coat-dresses, not something to keep warm in. I love this coat and I am pleased she went with a light colour as there is a tendency for outerwear to get darker and darker as we move into winter and there stands Sofie in what almost looks like a swing coat with a hood. Yummy.

Love the look and that she is having her nails painted really lovely colours now ...

On the 14th she looked very pretty, although for my taste I would have liked the skirt to be longer. Pretty color on the 4th but it doesn’t fit right.

Ooooo...love that skirt. If she would of done a different top ..that would of been a real hit.

LaRae

Interesting choice...

LaRae

Sophie looks like she wandered in from Royal Ascot or a society wedding! Nice outfit but out of place and impractical.

I think the Countess looks SENSATIONAL..

Facially [in this pic] there is a marked resemblance to Princess Alexandra..

Beautiful in itself but looking a bit strange compared to the outfits of the other LadiesL

A lovely coat/dress but not for this occasion. It would have fitted in with Meghan's choice for pre-Christmas lunch with the Queen.

It does look a little out of place, but it’s a beautiful coat/dress. Sophie looks lovely.

non suitable for Christmas time

'In your opinion'...

It's not a micro-mini or slashed to the waist or a Bikini is it ? It is is as 'suitable for Christmas' as anything else worn today [imo].

Last edited:
She looks stunning! Love love it but i do agree,it does look out of place

I love it . . . but judging from the hats, gloves and scarves I was expecting a coat over it.

Let me start by saying that I love this for this venue. I think the print made her visible in a sea of royals.

And is that not just the best part of Christmas at Sandringham - it really is a dead of royals. But I digress.

Having said I like the dress, this one with this fascinator made me just think for one tiny moment that perhaps Sophie has been watching too many Father Brown reruns and channeling Lady Felicia just a tad too much. :lol:

It's a great color on the Duchess too! Bless her of braving the cold!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom