The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 7: April 2016 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that the dress is not bad, but something is off imo. Maybe her hair?

The off the shoulder look is not for Sophie IMO ..

My biggest problem with strapless or one shouldered dresses, tan lines. They drive me crazy!! That being said, she looks very nice.

Its a nice change and try but the one shoulder does not suit her.

I agree. I enjoy seeing people step out of the box and try new things But to my eye, the one shoulder creation has only looked well on thin and slender chested women such as Sandra Bullock, etc. If it was a traditional low square neckline, perfect for Sophie. JMO

My biggest problem with strapless or one shouldered dresses, tan lines. They drive me crazy!! That being said, she looks very nice.
And the Countess was equally brave about her tan lines last year, if I recall. She can be our role model for good self body image, because even I worry too much about my tan lines.

Agreed. I think the problem is that the angle of the one-shoulder dress emphasizes the shape of her chin. My chin is similar and tends to look even longer and pointier if I wear any kind of angle near my face. Anything rounder or broader minimizes it.:flowers:

Its a nice change and try but the one shoulder does not suit her.

i think the problem is the necklace doesn't suit the one shouldered dress. Brave of her to try that; although i don't personally like one shouldered dresses, she looks good in it.

I guess I am all alone here but I think she looks fantastic and that the one shoulder suits her. I think it cuts her rather busty figure down a little more in line with her small frame. The necklace isn't good with the dress but like the hairdo

I guess I am all alone here but I think she looks fantastic and that the one shoulder suits her. I think it cuts her rather busty figure down a little more in line with her small frame. The necklace isn't good with the dress but like the hairdo

Oh no you are not!! I also think she looks incredible & that the dress suits her. I mean...Holy WOW!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Oh no you are not!! I also think she looks incredible & that the dress suits her. I mean...Holy WOW!!

Add me in as another one of those who is a fan of the dress! I think the dress is beautiful and Sophie looks rather chic and elegant.

I am joining the list of wow. I think she looks fantastic in the dress. She has the body to still wear it, and she looks chic and put together:flowers:

That dress is just awful imo. Not to add that it does not flatter Sophie, at all.

Again another flop I am disappointed it is just not flattering maybe in a different colour ..

Although I don't think this latest dress is particularly flattering, it has an interesting shoulder detail . The previous dress is quite a departure and I applaud her for trying something different.

Those red pants are lovely! But I guess they should be a tad shorter or longer

Both engagements she looks stunning I love the longer length skirt stunning

Lovely pictures of a very elegant Countess. I really like her hairstyle here.

Wow she looks great. Her hair looks great down. I love the color of her dress, and the coat is very professional. I love her clutch. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom