The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 7: April 2016 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Loving the look. :flowers: Very unique and dramatic.

Edward is looking pretty dapper. :cool:

I love the hat .. not sure about the dress.

Sophie has done the unthinkable (okay it happens once in a rare occasion), she has made me like a fascinator/cocktail hat. I love the dress, and I think the head piece adds jus a pop of dramatic to the look.:flowers: Her husband looks quite dashing :cool:

That's quite a dramatic hat and perfect for Ascot :flowers:
Dislike the puff sleeves though.

:previous: Amazing hat! :flowers: Color is fine. Coat/dress banal but probably needs to be given that hat, which is quite a corker! She's definitely having some fun. It is interesting. A really designed piece.

I love love the hat and the dress but the hat is the hit IMO

No surprise it is Emilia Wickstead. Looks like a brighter version then many that Kate wears. Very simple and plain, but a classic cut, and appropriate for the event :flowers:

I really like the bright color, great for summer. And she has my favorite hat of the day. I like her dress is simpler, as it really allows the hat to shine.

Sophie looked great.

The color, cut and style of the dress all worked along with the hat.

:bang:My only issue is the seam running down the front.
Is it not possible to make clothes with the obvious seams?

Last edited:
Sometimes the seaming is ok as a design element...but I think it's often overdone.

LaRae

I loved Sophie's hat and hair...her dress is just boring to me. The color is good..the style is good...but it just looks to heavy on her.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think Sophie's Ascot dress was flattering on her- it was fine, i just think she is better than that dress.

My only issue is the seam running down the front.
Is it not possible to make clothes with the obvious seams?

i don't believe it would have been possible to have such a multi-gored bottom half of the dress without a centre-front seam.

I loved the earrings but i'm not a fan of sky blue, but of the two Ascot days, this was my preferred Sophie outfit.

The blue dress is certainly her color and a good cut but not for her.seen from the front, a pic walking with princess mary, she almost looks lost in the skirt of the dress. Way too long and large for someone of her size. Height of closer to six feet and skinned could pull this off. From the waist up she looks great.
The white puffed sleeved one also,looks,like,a,nightgown

One thing I love about Sophie is she is not afraid to try new things! I love the skirt and her hat is a bit extravagant, but I wouldn't expect anything less from Sophie! I also really like the colour of the skirt.

:previous: Love the skirt! The color is exquisite.

I like Sophie's skirt but that's about it, her top looks ill-fitting and her shoes are the wrong shade to go with her skirt and fascinator.

Dear God, she looks like a Dessert.. something that might be served in a Sundae Glass..

I love the skirt, especially the color :flowers: Not a fan of the top. And I have to say I love the over the top hat. It is Ladies day, while royal Ascot is always known for its hats, Ladies day is the day where they really shine. Love she really took a leap with hers.:)

a bit over the top for my taste - but it is ladies day at Ascot so if not now then when?:flowers:

and obviously there was an orange/ coral memo circulating in the castle network:whistling:

The colour of the skirt is gorgeous on her I would like to see a front on view am not sure about the top but I don't really like those short tops on anyone may be I will change my mind when I see Sophie .. but the hat stunning ..

I have to agree with TRF members noting that the top is not flattering. The hat and the Tiffany T bracelet are nice.

Last edited:
I think that Sophie can wear anything just as long as she smiles. She has such a beautiful smile! It's the dimples I think! Well done James for inheriting those.

Sophie

Last edited:
I like Sophie's skirt but that's about it, her top looks ill-fitting and her shoes are the wrong shade to go with her skirt and fascinator.

That's just what I think. The colour of the skirt is very pretty and perfect for summer, but the rest of Sophie's outfit is a little strange.

I'm with you on this one....the skirt is the best part ...the rest was just not done well.

LaRae

An elegant look. I love the color.

All of those are extremely flattering photos. Take a look at the video of her from slightly above as she is walking. Or the still shots of her head on. She looks like she is drowning in the skirt and very top heavy as well

Wonderful! The white top and coral skirt are just perfect! She read my mind! After seeing her in the blue tea length dress, not flattering, I was thinking, how could a shortish, busty woman get away with that skirt length? Exactly, a contrasting color crop top to make her look taller and less busty. I think it worked. Ugly shoes however

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom