The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 6: January 2014 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this outfit very much, but i quibble with the sleeve length [elbow length sleeves would be much prettier !]

This is exactly the style i wish the York princesses would adopt on special occasions !!!!

The hat is especially good.

Day 3 outfit is nice. The hat is awesome but the dress is too long imo.

Sophie in a partly recycled outfit visiting the Riverhill Regeneration project in Cobham today, July 9 - I like it much better this time, the unicoloured jacket makes the look more elegant and quiet:

** Full view ** Upper part ** June 2014 **

Sophie in a partly recycled outfit visiting the Riverhill Regeneration project in Cobham today, July 9 - I like it much better this time, the unicoloured jacket makes the look more elegant and quiet:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I agree. I like it, too. :flowers:

While I see what you mean, I'm not totally off this ensemble. Had she worn a string of pearls - or something 'grander' - it would have been more interesting. I think the 'open' neck was too open and was a distraction.

Fabulous outfit for her, the skirt length and jacket length are really perfect for her. Now all she needs is a bit more lift up top, as usual.

** Full view ** Upper part ** June 2014 **
Love it. More elegant than the first look- although I liked that one too.

I like both versions. This one is more simple, more "washed out" by the white jacket but very nice too. The other was not so easy in the eyes at the beginning but I liked it too.

I like the look better with the jacket; it balances everything out. Without the jacket is not bad, just very hard on the eyes.

I prefer the outfit with the cream jacket too.

Prince Edward attends the events at the National Paralympic Day | Demotix.com

It is surprising that -- with all the negative comments Kate garners about her jeggings and heels -- that Sophie would appear in her own version of jeggings and heels. :ermm:

Sophie recycled her look from Madeleine's wedding for the Singapore visit (same dress & the Aquamarine tiara).

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any decent photos :( I wish the British were better about getting photos of the guests.

Sophie recycled her look from Madeleine's wedding for the Singapore visit (same dress & the Aquamarine tiara).

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be any decent photos :( I wish the British were better about getting photos of the guests.

We all do. But I bet there will be no change until the next or the second next monarch to come. :sad:

Loved Sophie's look today. So elegant.

The Countess of Wessex wearing three outfits for a Harper's Bazaar interview. Her blue dress is by Emilia Wickstead. My favourite outfit is her blue dress, I don't mind her red dress (but am not a fan of the orange belt) and my least favourite is her white coat and printed dress. Overall, Sophie looks very elegant and stylish:

Blue Emilia Wickstead ~ Printed dress with white coat ~ Red dress with orange belt

The Countess of Wessex wearing three outfits for a Harper's Bazaar interview. Her blue dress is by Emilia Wickstead. My favourite outfit is her blue dress, I don't mind her red dress (but am not a fan of the orange belt) and my least favourite is her white coat and printed dress. Overall, Sophie looks very elegant and stylish:

Blue Emilia Wickstead ~ Printed dress with white coat ~ Red dress with orange belt

I'm close to your take on the three dresses. :flowers:

I adore the blue dress. It looks so comfy while at the same time being very classy.

The red dress is just okay imo.

The printed dress with the patterned coat has me puzzled. If she had closed the coat so the dress didn't show it would have been okay. Had she dispensed with the coat and wore just the dress that, too, would have been okay. But the two together seems odd. I very much like the patterned coat, and suspect I would like the dress if I could see it.

I think having spreads like this are very sweet. I have seen a very old Life Magazine (I think) that had a spread of Princess Margaret's newly renovated KP apartment at the time (early 60's, I guess), with her posing. It's something that Catherine would never do (or be allowed to do, perhaps) yet I think it would be fun and engaging.

A magazine spread is less intrusive than a video documentary type thing (what Charles and Diana allowed). We've seen magazine spreads from the Danish Crown Princely couple and I think we can expect magazine spreads from Albert and Charlene cum twins in time. It would be nice for William and Catherine to oblige, but I have a feeling it won't ever happen with them.

Totally agree. Love the blue dress. The red dress is lovely as well (and I like the Orange belt, TBH). I don't like the white coat and dress combination (maybe separately I might). Cannot believe she will be 50 next month - She is lovely!

I wish she was featured more prominently because she is elegant, by all accounts quite charming, and doesn't seem to get the credit for all the work she quietly goes about doing.

Wow doesn't she look great! Love the two dresses, so much better than what she usually wears, they have got a great all one color, elongating silhouette, interesting neckline, body skimming bodice and then full skirt, just what she needs for her figure. They did wonders with her hair too, especially pretty in the orange dress picture

I think the styling of the dress and coat together is very odd and just plain horrible.
But I love the blue as do you all and the red is very nice if not a bit dark against the wall paneling, all in all I think it appears a nice article, She is wearing alot of makeup I see anyway.

Love the blue dress! The red is just okay....that coat with the other dress..no, not sure why anyone would even like that styling.

LaRae

I think having spreads like this are very sweet. I have seen a very old Life Magazine (I think) that had a spread of Princess Margaret's newly renovated KP apartment at the time (early 60's, I guess), with her posing. It's something that Catherine would never do (or be allowed to do, perhaps) yet I think it would be fun and engaging.

A magazine spread is less intrusive than a video documentary type thing (what Charles and Diana allowed). We've seen magazine spreads from the Danish Crown Princely couple and I think we can expect magazine spreads from Albert and Charlene cum twins in time. It would be nice for William and Catherine to oblige, but I have a feeling it won't ever happen with them.

I agree. I would love it if William and Catherine would do a spread like this, but I also have a feeling that it wouldn't be allowed, because the Cambridges I think are too "major", if you get what I mean. The BRF also seem to be more private than the other RFs and don't seem to do things like group photocalls, like some of the other RFs do. I mean, they have done a few in the past but they seem to hardly ever do them now, but perhaps now that there are more children in the BRF and the family has grown in general they will start to do them again.

Princess Charlene also did a magazine spread (I think for Hola) where she wore some tiaras. On the occasion of Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella's birth, Princess Charlene was also interviewed (and I think Prince Albert was too, but I would need to double check that).

I wish she was featured more prominently because she is elegant, by all accounts quite charming, and doesn't seem to get the credit for all the work she quietly goes about doing.

I also wish that Sophie would get more credit for her work. She is HM's daughter-in-law after all, even if she is a more unheard of member of the family. I've always gotten the impression that Prince Charles is the most well known of HM's children, followed by Princess Anne, then Prince Andrew and then Prince Edward. I have a feeling that, royal watchers aside, only those of a certain generation are aware of Princes Andrew and Edward and their families, whilst the younger generation don't know who they are. Princess Anne I think is more well known because of her work with horses and sport (same goes to Zara Phillips), but also of course because of her royal position.

(Apologies for going a little off-topic.)

I like all 3 looks here! Sophie looks like a million dollars!
Love the pink outfit she wore in Norfolk the other day too!

Last edited:
I like her in both the blue and red dress... She looks sophisticated and yet "approachable"...

Not a fan of the mismatched dress and coat...

I think Sophie looks gorgeous in all three outfits, but particularly the red dress! I would certainly not have thought she was 50 years old - she looks much younger!

:previous: Yes! She looks like she's still in her 30s! :flowers: I expect there was a bit of photo finishing done. But still, she looks terrific.

Lovely photos of Sophie. There is an understatement to all 3 outfits despite their distinctiveness which doesn't allow the clothes to dominate the person. My only gripe would be I wish she had chosen a different hairstyle for one of the pics.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I also love the 3 outfits Sophie chose. And I love that we get a peek inside Bagshot Park. It's stunning but I love the blue sitting room the most. Such a treat!

Sophie's, The Countess of Wessex, photoshoot was amazing. Her ensembles were well-chosen. Usually her ensembles are my favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom