The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 6: January 2014 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two thumbs down...and wondering what on earth she was thinking.

LaRae

Two thumbs down...and wondering what on earth she was thinking. LaRae

I bet this is much prettier up close. Sometimes you get impressed by a fabric and the style is one that Sophie usually looks good in. But from 20 feet, it just looks limp and tired.

Really bad choice too many pleats and full skirts for her figure and then the belt and lace too. Plus bad limp hair down a true miss for her

June 14: The Countess of Wessex wears a summer dress during 2014's Trooping the Colour. At first I wasn't a fan of her outfit, although looking at it for a second time, it's nice. I also like her hat/fascinator:

Full (ish) view ~ Close-up

If there were a contest, I think Kate would win hands-down. But I think Sophie took a risk - tried something different. It's very fetching imo - but the problem is those around her are more formally dressed so it's a disjunct. Wonder why she made that choice?

June 16, 2014 - The Order of the Garter event.

Not sure what she was thinking with the neck wrap. If she left the feather wrap behind then I think she would've looked quite nice.

Close up ** Full view

If there were a contest, I think Kate would win hands-down. But I think Sophie took a risk - tried something different. It's very fetching imo - but the problem is those around her are more formally dressed so it's a disjunct. Wonder why she made that choice?

She has worn it before - a church service. IT just doesnt look right for royal occasions IMO.

Not sure what she was thinking with the neck wrap. If she left the feather wrap behind then I think she would've looked quite nice.

Close up ** Full view

IMO, not quite the unqualified success that we have come to expect from Sophie.

Close up ** Full view

Don't like it at all. The feather boa just makes it worse.:eek:

The boa matches the hats worn by the Queen and others . It looks silly to me.

A fuller, more 'New Look' skirt would have made ALL the difference ..

Last edited:
Am odd outfit I thought she wore it to a concert for the Queen, if my memory serves me and I didn't know what to say then and am the same now is it Bruce Oldfield??

Close up ** Full view

I don't mind it, could be worse. The feather boa adds nothing though.

I think it was very sweet for Sophie to bring her cat to the service today. I wonder how she managed to keep it draped around her neck the entire time.

I am probably the only person who liked Sophie's feather collar. It's different and I like things that are different and not "normal."

I didn't like the feathers but I did love her hat and hairstyle. I wish Kate would wear her hair up like Sophie does when she wears a hat.

I am probably the only person who liked Sophie's feather collar. It's different and I like things that are different and not "normal."

I liked it too. It is unique and adds interest to the whole look. I liked the color and the fit is very flattering.

I like the outfit overall, a nice, neat, cream/white outfit and hat. I'm not sure about the feather collar, maybe a ruffled, silk collar would have been nice if a collar is what she wanted!

I think it was very sweet for Sophie to bring her cat to the service today. I wonder how she managed to keep it draped around her neck the entire time.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: My thoughts exactly. On a more serious note, if she didn't have that furry thing around her neck, it would have been a very nice outfit.

Not a fan of this feather thing. It looks like she is headed out to a nightclub/party somewhere that is more appropriate attire. She actually looks silly, something like dress up day at the parade, not good at all.

I'll applaud her for doing something different, and it's certainly not the worst thing in the world, but Sophie's collar is not my favorite.

She looks fine, I , too , would lose the furry thing about her neck. Of course, the Garter outfits are silly, too. So she fits in.

Is that Boa part of the actual dress or is she using it to tie in the shades of her dress and hat?

Part of the actual dress- source Royal Order of sartorial splendor.

I like the boa, just don't like the belt on the dress. She is pretty short and short waisted so should avoid belts, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom