The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style, Part 8: April 2017 - April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I love this dress, but she looks cold. Maybe better with long gloves or long sleeves.

It just occurred to me that Sophie usually drives by car with the Queen. Maybe the change was last minute and she wore her planed dress. I’d have still added a scarf or gloves.

Last edited:
There's a real 50's vibe to that dress. Dior's New Look.

Sophie looks great - dress, hair, shoes, etc, but it brings to mind Patricia Neal in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" handing George Peppard some crisp banknotes and pinching his cheek. :D

It looks great but looks like she is going to a spring garden party, not the Christmas walk at sandringham before church

Love it .. the colours are gorgeous love the shoes .. I think she looks great

Fantastic look. Very retro. Love the color and design :flowers:

But I agree, looks wrong for event. She looks cold with such short sleeves. Doesn't scream December church walk look.

Princess Larisa said:
It just occurred to me that Sophie usually drives by car with the Queen. Maybe the change was last minute and she wore her planed dress. I’d have still added a scarf or gloves.

I concur. She must have been freezing, and not enough time when they were all leaving to go back upstairs to get her coat.

Last edited:
Sophie looks really beautiful and elegant - I love the pattern of her dress. I do agree that it would have been nice to see her wear a coat though, as I don't know about Kings Lynn but here in London, it was incredibly cold.

She looked so elegant as usual she never slips up. The York girls could learn a thing or two from her

The Countess of Wessex in a checked Stella McCartney coat at the Sunday church service in Sandringham today, December 31:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Seems like a lovely coat. I love the proper hat, though seems a bit big. ?

:previous:
The Countess of Wessex looked timelessly elegant. I like the hat.

Last edited:
I love the handbag but the hat does seem a little large. The coat is right on trend.

Last edited:
Like the Christmas Day outfit, and I like the hat on the 31st, not sure about the coat. Seems a bit shapeless, but that could be the angle.

The Countess of Wessex in blue during a welcome ceremony in Colombo, Sri Lanka, yesterday, January 31, and later in a blue and white dress at Third Space Global also in Colombo:

** Dress 1 ** Dress 2 ** Upper part **

Today, February 1, for a visit to the Temple of the Tooth and the Trinity College she chose a combination in white and creme:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Last edited:
The blue seemed not a great fit on Sophie. The next day at the temple the outfit seemed to fit the occasion

:previous: I think she looked a bit "traveled" out in the blue.

I love a nice wide leg pant for a casual event - and in this neutral with the white top in the heat, I quite like it. It had drama without being stiff.

But mostly I like how happy they are looking together today.

Not a fan of either of the blue dresses. The first doesn't seem to fit well, and the second I get a bit dizzy from the pattern.

I quite like the casual look at the temple though.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophie looks great on both occasions. I wasn't sure about her Erdem dress at first but after looking at it again, I like the floral pattern a lot.

Love the Independence Day dress the rest has not been quite up to the usual Sophie quiet glamour.

Love her red dress, earrings, and hair. Sophie looks very elegant and glamorous.

The red dress was gorgeous on the Countess and a very lovely hairstyle too!

Don’t like the Erdem dress, very housewife looking. The red dress and the blue with yellow flowers very nice cuts for her but both look too tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom