Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2014 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I would enjoy it more if she were wearing her hair somewhat closer to her natural tawney color. The very black hair makes her look hard.

The photoshopping is too much in evidence like the great majority of official Royal photos nowadays, but Sofia looks absolutely gorgeous.

That is the dress she should have chosen for her engagement announcement, but it's good that is wearing Bernadotte blue for her official pictures.

^ I would enjoy it more if she were wearing her hair somewhat closer to her natural tawney color. The very black hair makes her look hard.
Hmm, it's a bit like when Madeleine decided to return to her "natural" hair colour and ended up with striped hair. It was a bit of a shock but at least Sofia has been spared a truely horrendous dye job

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the top...the skirt not so much. It doesn't look like it goes together...two different styles competing.

She looks very nice otherwise.

LaRae

Love the top...the skirt not so much. It doesn't look like it goes together...two different styles competing.

She looks very nice otherwise.

LaRae

You may be right, it may not be a suit. Ignoring that, I think she looks very much the royal princess she is about to become.

Based on the pics I've seen here...I think she is pretty much always appropriately attired for whatever event it is... and I am sure there are people who are watching her like a hawk to see if she missteps.

LaRae

... and I am sure there are people who are watching her like a hawk to see if she missteps.

LaRae

I think that goes with the territory.

Sofia is looking lovely in these recent photographs.

Sofia looked beautiful.

the dress is fine even if it seems more apt for a cocktail occasion... She looks better with this kind f soften hair... I dislike the color though.... It's difficult to remove the bkack dye...

There was something rather demure looking about Sofia today,though her dress should have been a bit longer given the occasion.

I thought it was an unwritten rule that royals only wear black to a funeral? Though she's not a royal yet, so maybe the rule doesn't apply?

I thought it was an unwritten rule that royals only wear black to a funeral? Though she's not a royal yet, so maybe the rule doesn't apply?

For the Opening of Riksmötet the women all adhere to traditional court dress rules of black and white.

29 September: Sofia wearing a lovely blue dress whilst posing for some official photographs with Prince Carl Philip in Sweden:

Full view ~ Close up

Here is a link to her dress. It is from Armani. Armani Collezioni Long sleeve faux wrap dress Blue - House of Fraser

Her Bracelet is from Sophie by Sophie
Peace bracelet | Sophie by Sophie

I must admit that Sofia looked very nice today, the only thing wrong was that the skirt was too short, an inch longer would have been better on her and more appropriate for the occasion. The hair piece is growing on me, it is not out there blowing in the wind or in her eyes, so it's okay. Yes I have been the most critical of her and will admit that today shows she is improving and hopefully will continue to do so.

She is looking very sharp. :flowers: She must have someone advising her. Smart move. Conservative but with good styling. I have nothing negative to say. She's doing well. The blue dress was outstanding!

29 September: Sofia wearing a lovely blue dress whilst posing for some official photographs with Prince Carl Philip in Sweden:

Full view ~ Close up

She looked great today at the opening of the Parliament.

The headpiece is growing on me . . . and I am pleased to see that her skirt only needed to be an inch longer instead of four. So, progress?

^^Indeed. And I am pleased that no piercings of tattoos are on view. IMHO.

The headpiece is growing on me . . . and I am pleased to see that her skirt only needed to be an inch longer instead of four. So, progress?

What is with the wanting young women to wear hemlines their grandmothers would wear?

Her hemline looks fine to me- conservative even

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: She has enviable legs but, unlike most celebrities, when she is at an official engagement she is likely to end up sitting on a dias or even a stage.

Now dress her in a modish straight skirt and unforunately, as soon as she is seated, the cameras gets a clear shot right up to her panties. Catherine found that out pretty fast and remembers to place her handbag or clutch on her lap which inhibits the view.

While we all say they shouldn't take such photos let alone print them, it's a dog eat dog world and an up the skirt photo of a royal beats a photo of an elegantly seated royal. The SRF want to raise Sofia's profile in a dignified way rather than lower it with an ill thought out wardrobe.

Sofia seems to be changing her dress style and, if that gorgeous sapphire blue dress is anything to go by, she's definitely on the right track.

(...) in all, today was a good day for her, just 1 inch longer does not mean that any grandmother would be wearing that suit, my grandmother's dresses where down to her ankles.......not 3/4 inches above the knees.

She is looking very sharp. :flowers: She must have someone advising her. Smart move. Conservative but with good styling. I have nothing negative to say. She's doing well.

I agree, the whole look was very well chosen for the occasion.

The Swedes always wear black to the State Opening of Parliament.

Here's Sofia, arriving to the concert yesterday evening as part of the celebrations around the opening of the parliment. I think she looks great, although green IMO isn't her best choice of colour.
http://media.shootitlive.com/8l7w6pjeGwvULxC9IriiDTgsjtq/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1670

I liked the green colour for her. And it is good that she recycles dresses and doesn't wear new ones all the time. But the zippers of these Roland Mouret dresses aren't elegant, but that is just my opinion.
http://www.semana.es/wp-content/uploads/cfelipe-sofia-escalera.jpg?b41c46

For the Opening of Riksmötet the women all adhere to traditional court dress rules of black and white.

Here is a link to her dress. It is from Armani. Armani Collezioni Long sleeve faux wrap dress Blue - House of Fraser

Her Bracelet is from Sophie by Sophie
Peace bracelet | Sophie by Sophie

I don't think that it is that dress, the waistline is totally different in Sofia's dress.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskda...vist._Foto_Erika_Gerdemark_kungahuset.se_.jpg

Here's Sofia, arriving to the concert yesterday evening as part of the celebrations around the opening of the parliment. I think she looks great, although green IMO isn't her best choice of colour.
http://media.shootitlive.com/8l7w6pjeGwvULxC9IriiDTgsjtq/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/1670

Again, very polished. Very nice. :flowers: I think the night picture of the dress doesn't do the green color of the dress justice. In fact, Sofia's hair changed color dramatically from the new engagement pictures in the blue dress to here. :ermm: It's the night photos perhaps imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom