Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 2: February 2015 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's go it all the girls like Kate did :lol:

Yes agree with you Duke is very pretty . I think i like the new princess .

Sofia looks lovely in the State Visit photo. Everything's perfect.

Told ya. Every female over the age of 12 who even has brunette hair is "taking fashion inspiration from the Duchess of Cambridge".

The Gospel according to Hello! and the Daily Mail.:cool:
Let's go it all the girls like Kate did :lol:
Heaven forfend! No, you have to hand it to Sofia, she is a quick learner and hasn't put a sartorial foot wrong since her engagement. Well, actually before that too.

The new official photos look great much to my surprise. I am not much of a floral fan but she pulls it off and CP isn't exactly chopped liver either. But I love the way she styles her hair for these occasions, it looks good, makes her look good but, come an actual "command performance" she's got it all tied up.

I love the cut and soft pink colour of her dress for the Indian Official Visit, but I'm not feeling the love for those caramel coloured shoes. Another plus, no distracting dishevelled curls but, to be honest, I'd like to see a little more height and air in her updo.

I agree, the white outfit for the Indian visit looks great & her age. And the hair is much nicer than those curls going everywhere. The shoes seem to disappear in the carpet, but I am sure it looks nicer on a different background.

Has she ever worn a hat yet or only fascinators?

Normally it's fascinators, but she has worn a hat once.

The outfit she wore for the State visit is really nice. I even like the way she styled her hair.

I love the cut and soft pink colour of her dress for the Indian Official Visit, but I'm not feeling the love for those caramel coloured shoes. Another plus, no distracting dishevelled curls but, to be honest, I'd like to see a little more height and air in her updo.

I agree about the shoes. I'd rather she was wearing pink shoes like Victoria was, but I refrained from mentioning the shoes because those caramel/beige/nude shoes seem to be worn with any colour these days. I don't like it, but it seems to be the fashion. A fashion that will change soon, I hope.

The floral is pretty and the blush at Indian visit safe and plain .. she will find her feet but i like her choices

First picture from State Visit from India

Sofia looks very nice, the dress is pretty and a good choice, style & colour, nice hairstyle
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...7681_GF10000113355_RTRMADP_3_SWEDEN-INDIA.JPG
Wow, she look really, really pretty :)

State Visit from India
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...4807_GF10000114255_RTRMADP_3_SWEDEN-INDIA.JPG

sorry, but this outfit is a huge miss for me. no, just no for a state visit. the skirt and tank top are all wrong for this occasion. the skirt looks a complete cheap mess to me and doesnt work with the top at all. updo is okay but make up is over the top, sofia looks almost unnatural to me.
As usual, she's at her worst when in gala-clothing. It's a hard area to get right though. I like the top. I think it's flattering and qa little edgy. But the skirt is not very nice. Her styling looks pretty thouhg. All of them have green (her earrings). I wonder if that is in reference to the green in the Indian flag?

Last edited by a moderator:
State Visit from India
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...4807_GF10000114255_RTRMADP_3_SWEDEN-INDIA.JPG

sorry, but this outfit is a huge miss for me. no, just no for a state visit. the skirt and tank top are all wrong for this occasion. the skirt looks a complete cheap mess to me and doesnt work with the top at all. updo is okay but make up is over the top, sofia looks almost unnatural to me.

I agree, the outfit looks cheap. The top part and the skirt don't suit together. Her make up looks really odd, it makes her eyes look so small. And it is summer, a little more colour would have been nice.

I like the top very much! I'm totally over these long skirts, though. Boring.

What on the earth is she wearing tonight :eek:

In all seriousness though, this was definitely not a favourite of mine. It looks like she's ready to dance a pasodoble – not to attend a state dinner. Such a let down compared to the beautiful pink dress.

Last edited:
State Visit from India

Sofia is obviously out of place as she is not wearing orders and a tiara like the other female members of the royal family. I suppose they should wait until after the wedding to invite her for such events instead of putting her in awkward situations. It is not the first time the SRF does that. Sometimes I wonder if they do it on purpose to humiliate Sofia (probably not though).

Sofia is obviously out of place as she is not wearing orders and a tiara like the other female members of the royal family. I suppose they should wait until after the wedding to invite her for such events instead of putting her in awkward situations. It is not the first time the SRF does that. Sometimes I wonder if they do it on purpose to humiliate Sofia (probably not though).

Do you really think Sofia is bothered by not wearing orders and a tiara? I heavily doubt it. That would mean she's insecure without 'proper attire' and if there's anything that she isn't it is insecure. And I suppose they are 'already' doing this to make her transition easier, I don't see an awkward situation at all. Sofia humiliated by her future in-laws? That is a very remarkable vision to say the least.
What would have been humiliating - IMO - is if she had been allowed to wear a tiara pre-marriage.

As for her dress, it's not her luckiest choice indeed but over the year since her engagement she's only worn two dresses (this one included) that I - at least partly - didn't like.

Positive side is that it shows that Sofia is Sofia, as she is and why her future husband loves her.

She needs to learn to handle these occasions tiara or no tiara she will be a princess soon enough. They obviously wanted her there and she is there. The out fit isn't great plainer skirt would have been better.

Black is a safe choice but the skirt doesn't work for me... However she doesn't look bad...

But that is also done in other RF's. The then Mary Donaldson attended 2 State Banquets during her time as the fiancée of Crown Prince Frederik. And she also wore neither Order or tiara.

Sofias first dress today - the pink one - was absolutely lovely! One of her best, I think.

The second dress - the black one - was.. okay, but nothing to write home about.

Sofia's pink dress is nice and the colour suits her well. But I don't think I'm liking the shoes with the dress though.

I don't think her black gown is awful, but I do agree with those who said it looks quite cheap. It reminds me a little of a prom gown as well.

Love the pale pink dress, earrings and hairdo. The black dress isn't great, but they all are wearing a lot of glitter and bling, that is her future in laws. Hers looks plain by comparison

Sofias first dress today - the pink one - was absolutely lovely! One of her best, I think.

The second dress - the black one - was.. okay, but nothing to write home about.
Absolutely! I love the idea of the skirt, but it was a little OTT, the problem being the top I think. Now that shape didn't really flatter Sofia and the lack of decent jewellery made her look more than a little underdressed.

Addition: Sophia's updo was glorious and there was a beautifully matched fascinator in the back!

Courtesy of Hat Queen: Royal Hats site.
http://z.cdn-expressen.se/images/07/6c/076cb3d69a9d4effa691bb4d608d8cc5/645@70.jpg

Last edited:
First picture from State Visit from India

Sofia looks very nice, the dress is pretty and a good choice, style & colour, nice hairstyle
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/R...7681_GF10000113355_RTRMADP_3_SWEDEN-INDIA.JPG

The Swedish ladies always seem to color coordinate. :flowers: The results are always pleasing.

Sofia looks great here: polished. :flowers:

I like Sofia's ensemble. :flowers: And Sofia herself is looking great. I think what she is wearing is perfect. The royal ladies 'pop' with the similar colors while Sofia (not yet royal) blends in with her fiancé. Looks good. It's a great picture.

I have to say the black is bad really bad IMO not at all flattering the top is cheap looking and the cut does not suit her the skirt makes her look much bigger than she is not pretty at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom