Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 2: February 2015 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I agree, the December look was far nicer but perhaps it is just that she is dressed with quite a long dress and Madeleine, standing right beside her, has both a short dress and coat.

Just as a note, I don't particularly like the really slicked down hairstyle she seems to be sporting most of the time. Her hair looked better back around the time her engagement was announced. :ermm:

:previous: I'm the kind of person who thinks that coats should be longer than the dress underneath :D

I agree with you! This was a major faux pas, but she will learn eventually.
Wrong combination aside, I do like the coat per se.

No, an example of a major faux pas would be picking one's nose or teeth at a State banquet. :eek:

The hemline thing was minor, and you are right...she will catch on.

Coat and dress both nice but agree the coat is too short.

I love the colour of the coat but I'm not a fan of the collar and in general it comes across as a bit clunky for me. From what I can see, her dress is nice and her shoes work well with the outfit.

Sofia's style reminds me very much of Victoria's style, I'm not saying Sofia is copying Victoria, just that their styles are rather similar (IMO).

back to Sofia
http://imultimedia.ctk.cz/storage/foto/2015/04/30/22015872/5/F201504300993401.jpeg

The dress has an odd length and doesnt work with the coat.

Maybe it's because I live in a climate that is so mild that coats like that are not usually parts of one's wardrobe so I don't have a feeling for any rules of relative length of coat and skirt, but the fact the coat is shorter than the skirt doesn't bother me. In fact I think Sofia looks much better than Madeleine. Sofia's skirt is a far more flattering length.

The coat looks terrible on her. It does nothing for her and overpowers her with the stark color, straight lines and giant collar. Besides the fact that it is way too short for the dress she is wearing. She needs softer lines and colors like madeleine has. And yes the hairdo is also too severe.
She is actually a very small person, not only short, but very fine boned, kind of like princess marie. It is not easy to wear just anything if you are like that.

Last edited:
:previous: I agree about the coat, it was a virtual white-out and completely washed her out.

I miss her "lighter" touch, softer hair around her face and colour!

Interestingly, the worst anyone can say about the coat/dress combo is that it's quite dowdy. Overly conservative in my opinion...

But I bet if she'd worn a dress/coat the length of Princess Madeline's, if would have been criticized as too short. Perhaps "nun like" is the best she can do right now to avoid being labelled in a negative way.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I think she looked fine... I agree that the lengh over down the knees was a bit too much... Simple knee lenght woud have been the right one.

She looked fine, she is a brunette and white colour suits her very well.

IMO these few missing cm are not so important. What counts is that Sofia has improved her style and she "fits in" while standing in public with her future family.

She would have been skewered if her dress were as short as maddies.

She would have been skewered if her dress were as short as maddies.

Yes, just like several posters are pointing out in Maddie's fashion thread that her coat is too short. Sofia looked nice outfit wise but I didn't like the length of her dress. She needs to improve her hair too. The SRF women are experts when it comes to elegant hairstyles.

. . . . . She needs to improve her hair too. The SRF women are experts when it comes to elegant hairstyles.
I thought her hair was wonderful when she became engaged. Now it is invariably slicked back and boring. Same thing happened to Daniel when he became engaged . . . . and it hasn't improved much since!

Sofia's dress was too long and Madeleine's too short. The coat is nice. Next!

:previous: Oh I hope she is not going to wear 'High Street' clothes, it just leads to photos having a running money total beside them. Do we really need another 'discount duchess'?

the dress sofia wears is by reiss. i get the impression that, like kate, we will see her in a lot of high street clothes. i wonder if reiss has presence in sweden? we've also seen her wearing phase eight, which i believe is a UK brand - i wonder if they have shops in sweden at all...

I think the dress looks lovely on Sofia. Reiss does not have shops in Sweden.

Am I the only who sees Victoria in that photo with CP?

:previous: Oh I hope she is not going to wear 'High Street' clothes, it just leads to photos having a running money total beside them. Do we really need another 'discount duchess'?

I think a combination of High Street and couture is great for a working member of a royal family. Unfortunately, IMO, the Duchess of Cambridge is increasingly only seen in couture now.

Simply and beautiful dress.

Would someone please explain what "High street" clothes are and why they are wrong for a member of a royal family.

I always assumed it was stuff like you could get a niceish store in the Mall? Not haute couture or designer but not Wal-mart either. The impression of a Royal Princess trolling a mall and picking out ready made of the rack sounds shabby and definitely not Royal to many people I guess.

This is what I thought they meant by High street. I am probably wrong.

If any royal only wore couture they would be called money wasters. I think they have to mix it up to not seem out of touch with their citizens. I think they all shop high street Mary and Victoria both wear H&M. As for prices being listed it is not hard to find out the price of any outfit Unless it is especially made

I always assumed it was stuff like you could get a niceish store in the Mall? Not haute couture or designer but not Wal-mart either. The impression of a Royal Princess trolling a mall and picking out ready made of the rack sounds shabby and definitely not Royal to many people I guess.

Thanks, that's what I was thought, too.

I think if the younger royals are the right shape to be able to look good in "High street" clothes, they should wear them for their day to day activities. It shows they're not wasting money and that they don't think they are too good to be wearing such clothes. I think the only thing they should be careful with is to make sure they mainly patronise shops that supply locally designed and produced clothes.

Looking at the latest picture of the week entries, I think a lot of younger royals are buying at "High street" shops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom