Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2014 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarahbellar

Serene Highness
City
Boston
Country
United States
Now that she and Prince Carl Philip are engaged I thought it was only suiting that we have a place to discuss her fashion.

To announce her engagement she wore a Roland Mouret dress in Poppy Red. It is available form Neiman Marcus here.

A good color on her. It looks very nice from the front but I thought it look too tight from the back (as seen during the livestream of the press conference). Also it has one of those ghastly exposed zippers. (I know it's a trend, but still.) To me it's a dress that shows the difference between royal and celebrity dressing -- it is appropriate for an actress on the red carpet but not so much for a princess.

Love the dress. She looks great in red.

Love the red dress. I thought she looked really nice.

Don't like the exposed zipper but the style is nice/simple and a great color for her.

LaRae

I love the colour of Sofia's dress and it suited her well. Her dress was also just right for the occasion, it wasn't OTT or strange. Having said that, I'm not so sure about the zip at the back. There's just something a little 'off' about it IMO. It will be interesting to see if her style changes once she has married Carl Philip.

For the family dinner tonight- it looks like she wore another Roland Mouret dress. I am thinking it is this one here.

Last edited:
Don't like the exposed zipper but the style is nice/simple and a great color for her.

LaRae
You might know that the exposed zipper is Roland Mouret's signature element. Ms Beckham is said to be allowed to use this signature element in her designs.

You might know that the exposed zipper is Roland Mouret's signature element. Ms Beckham is said to be allowed to use this signature element in her designs.

It may be their signature element. It looks like crap and shows little imagination or real style.

It may be their signature element. It looks like crap and shows little imagination or real style.

:lol: C'mon. Give the designers a break. They have to constantly think up new things that will make people who care rush out and buy one to make sure they are in possession of the very latest [-] fad [/-] fashion item.

Last edited:
It was the right thing to choose IMO. Color was beautiful in her.

I think the red dress is very beautiful. I love the color. I don't like the zipper though.

The dress itself is very pretty but it somehow looked a bit too tight around her hips. Moreover, she could've done with a different hairstyle.

For the family dinner tonight- it looks like she wore another Roland Mouret dress. I am thinking it is this one here.

Here is a photo of Sofia wearing the dress. This is the only clear picture of it that I could find since the others were too dark or too far distanced. From what I can see, it looks like a nice dress which is suitable for the occasion.

July 14, 2014 - During Princess Victoria's birthday celebration

Nice skirt but not fond of her jacket, its a bit boring. I think this would've looked better with a black jacket.

Close up ** Side view ** Full view

July 14, 2014 - During Princess Victoria's birthday celebration

Nice skirt but not fond of her jacket, its a bit boring. I think this would've looked better with a black jacket.

Close up ** Side view ** Full view

Very elegant. I think this is the time for Sofia to be in boring but elegant clothes.

The outfit is nice and appropriate for the event. The skirt is actually very pretty and her hair looks lovely.

Sofia's sandals were a totally wrong choice to rain, mud and wet grass. And they didn't match with the outfit.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

She will have a lot to learn for the future ;). So let´s give her time.....
I liked her Outfit, the skirt screams for a "neutral" top..... and I think it is great, that she seems not the outshine the birthday Girl. Right so!
BYe Bine

Ok ensamble that could be improved with a better fitted jacket.

I liked the outfit until I saw the shoes.

I think she looks a bit like his mother , when she was younger , I suppose its the dark hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom