Sofia Hellqvist's Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2014 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:And she should always be aware of the event she is going to as she is now entering a different world then what was her past. Anyone should be aware of their clothing choice when attending anything, working in law office is not a place to wear those type of pants, going to formal affair(been to many) means you dress according to what the event is.. yes she can wear what she wants as long as it is in keeping with the dress code of the event.

I love the whole trouser ensemble. It's modern, modest and suitable for the daytime. She's lookin' good!

I second that. The top is simply wonderful and I absolutely LOVE the pants. Modern yet elegant and absolutely okay IMO.

But I agree with most of you regarding her hair. It looks much better now than on the dinner day.

:previous:And she should always be aware of the event she is going to as she is now entering a different world then what was her past. Anyone should be aware of their clothing choice when attending anything, working in law office is not a place to wear those type of pants, going to formal affair(been to many) means you dress according to what the event is.. yes she can wear what she wants as long as it is in keeping with the dress code of the event.

You're spot on. I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Broadway performances in NYC, and seen people dressed in their fattiest clothes. It's disrespectful. As for Sofia, I'm sure she'll be briefed on how to dress, if those at the top don't approve of her choices of attire. She's probably still figuring it out.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous:Yes I agree, I can't begin to tell you how appalled I have become when I see women dress as sloppy as they do just to go to church, everything is hanging out.......so many woman today have such low opinions of themselves when they dress, it is all for show in a man's world......I really hope she gets some help, that red gown would of looked so much better if the lining was the same color, and her hair in an up swept would have made her look more formal. The way she appeared at the formal dinner was look at me type of attire..........not good for someone who is going into a royal position. :)

:previous: Strangely enough, that is the worst hairstyle I have seen her wear, to anything, since she first appeared on my royal radar.

She changed her usual style so utterly and completely that I feel compelled to ask "Yikes Sofia, who led you astray"? And, for a woman to change her entire style to that degree, a woman who has appeared with CP at many formal gatherings, beautifully dressed and coiffured, you really have wonder?

I think that a lot of people at shows in New York are tourist, and don't bother to dress up I have seen some come to a show with shopping bags. No one seems to make an effort to dress nicely, I think they just want to be comfortable and neatness is considered.

The dress looks cheap, and too much Las Vegas for a very festive Nobel event. Maybe tomorrow it would have been a better choice, the king's dinner is a much smaller event.

Good colour on her but it looks like a american prom dress for me
Hope for a close up of the brosch in her hair

I am not a fan of this dress but I am interested in her earrings. Any infos on them?

Aren't you glad she covered up the tattoo or is that a no win either way in your eyes? I don't think the dress looks cheap, it's a ballgown and all the women were wearing ballgown-type frocks. An American prom dress might not be to your taste, but there are about 150 million of us who like or liked our prom dresses.

However, her best accessory is the Prince...

The dress looks cheap, and too much Las Vegas for a very festive Nobel event. Maybe tomorrow it would have been a better choice, the king's dinner is a much smaller event.

:lol::lol:Everything you said is spot on, when I first saw it, my impression was here is a dress for the next Dallas cheerleader coming down the field. This dress is so tacky it screams cheap, those shoulder pads on the top of her gown, there is another word for those, just can't think of it right now, I have seen this gown on those girls who parade down the runway at pageants, Miss America here I come......so even the color did not suit her. I will say her make-up was great and how she wore her hair like M/V was okay, the rest.......:eek:

Her hair is gorgeous, but that dress! Just horrid, that's the best thing I can think to say at the moment. And yes, cheap looking would be a good way to describe it.

Omg that dress is all kinds of awful. So cheap looking but I guess she got the princess vibe going? To be honest, I rarely find the dresses worn at the Nobel Prize ceremony to be good.

I'm not a fan of this gown. It just doesn't look polished or chic.

:lol::lol:Everything you said is spot on, when I first saw it, my impression was here is a dress for the next Dallas cheerleader coming down the field. This dress is so tacky it screams cheap, those shoulder pads on the top of her gown, there is another word for those, just can't think of it right now, I have seen this gown on those girls who parade down the runway at pageants, Miss America here I come......so even the color did not suit her. I will say her make-up was great and how she wore her hair like M/V was okay, the rest.......:eek:

I totally agree! This dress seems to scream: I love to continue my tacky past! Who cares about becoming a royal princess?! I am cheap and I like it!

What is this girl thinking? She´s mixing with royalty, she´s up to marrying a King´s only son and she´s doing everything that everyone keeps being reminded of her "carreer". When I look at her I automatically see this naked girl with that snake...

Last edited:
I don't like the color or style of her gown at all. I think she's worn better gowns. The one thing I do like is her hair. It looks so pretty, especially with the hair jewel.

Let's leave Sofia's past out of this thread. That can be discussed here.

Last edited:
Hair is great, best she's ever looked. The dress, as many have said, looks cheap to me. Too much glitzy frou frou. But she'll learn.

personally, I think that the "style" of the dress us ok, its just the glitter/sparkle sequins used on the dress that makes it look cheap. some other sequins should have been used. And as another poster said, it almost looks as if the dress was altered to make sure her tattoo was covered. Over all, the dress wore her instead of her wearing the dress. Her hair and makeup looked very nice, so all was not lost. I think it actually saved her whole look from being tacky.

I like the color, the hair (including that brooche) and the skirt of the dress (AMAZING skirt) but the top part is just horrible. It's cheap, it's just not okay, it's wrong, it's to glittering (that is what makes it look so cheap), and you see just a little bit to much of her skin.

I think she's trying to get on the right track at the moment. I love that she covered her tattoo.

i agree that the dress looks a tad cheap with all that glitter, and the cleavage is inappropriate. i wish someone gave her a hand at choosing more appropriate wear. silvia, victoria and madeleine are in general elegant dressers and need to give her a hand, specially for this sort of very formal events.

in any case, i now have no doubts carl philip must be very in love if he continues to like sofia even when wearing such an odd choice of dress. these two seem madly in love. :)

however, her hair looked rather lovely today.

i didn't know she had a tattoo, i am glad someone at least told her to cover it with the dress.

The dress is fine, but it's inappropriate for this kind of event.

Am I crazy that I actually like the style of the dress...just not this color and this particular event. And I wager anything that it is not cheap.

But guess what folks...the last pic of Sofia and C-P says it all really. Love sometimes is the best fashion accessory.

I usually don't make any posts regarding Sofia, because I don't approve of her past activities, but I had to make an exception.
Love this dress- the color and the sparkle!

Aren't you glad she covered up the tattoo or is that a no win either way in your eyes? I don't think the dress looks cheap, it's a ballgown and all the women were wearing ballgown-type frocks. An American prom dress might not be to your taste, but there are about 150 million of us who like or liked our prom dresses.

However, her best accessory is the Prince...
I am VERY glad she covered the tattoo! Now if she would just cover more of her cleavage. Compared to Victoria, who, while wearing a strapless dress managed not to show the room her breasts!

The dress is okay, I like the colour. The best part is the hair which is very Silvia! I wonder if Sofia was granted use of the royal hairdresser.
Both Victoria and Madeleine are sporting similar up-dos at the event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom