Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 2: September 2017 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah was seen leaving Lou Lous Members Club yesterday, May 10, the colour combination looks good on her and the hair is nice:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I like the colour combination on Sarah (the orange compliments her hair colour nicely) but something about the fitting throws me off. The top looks like Sarah just took it from the ironing pile because she didn't have anything else to wear.

I like the colour combination on Sarah (the orange compliments her hair colour nicely) but something about the fitting throws me off. The top looks like Sarah just took it from the ironing pile because she didn't have anything else to wear.

I see what you mean. I think her dress is either a clingy fabric that is not sitting right and she didn't adjust from the car, or it is ruched and she needs to size up a bit. Not that I, ahem, have any experience with that :whistling:

Other than that she looks nice . Her hair looks great & her jacket is a great color for her.

Sarah seems to have a favourite combination these days - she was spotted with Beatrice in London today:

** Full view **

In the evening she was seen at Annabel's Members Club:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Very good look - perhaps one of the best I've ever seen on her. Keep this up, Sarah.

Sarah looked lovely great colour on her today.

Sarah looks fabulous!

Oh, what might have been.

I must say that Sarah looked fabulous today, she even out beat her daughters in dressing for the wedding, this is a great look for her. She looked very inch a real duchess today....hope it continues on.

(..)

She pulled out all the stops and put a lot of thought into this look, I like it very much. She looks elegant and very composed.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looked nice but could have used a larger size.
Her skirt strained across the hips.
She always tends to wear clothing that is too tight.

Best she has looked in ages. Great hat with the veil, terrific hairdo, makeup and flattering neckline. The pink is good next to the skin. Navy is a good overall color for her. A bit tight

She wanted to be seen and to weave .. nostalgie of the Past ?
Her dress was to narrow !

Like ALL the York Women [most of the time] , it was too tight.. (..)

She was looking great. (..)

She looked good - I like the combination of the navy and pink and the lines are very flattering on a curvy figure.

Sarah looked lovely. Loved her hair tied up in a low chignon. I think it’s the best she’s looked in a long time.

Sarah looked beautiful at Harry's wedding. Easily the best she's looked in 20 years. She clearly spent a lot of time figuring out the whole look and knocked it out of the park.

There's several reasons why this look works so well for her, and a lot of it comes down to mirroring the style of her own wedding dress in 1986:

1. Shoulder pads. Sarah's dress, like all 1980s dresses, had a major shoulder pad. The suit for Harry's wedding had a very clearly defined shoulder pad and it gives Sarah the posture and fit that she often doesn't have in her clothes.

2. Emphasis on the waist. Yes, the suit was bordering on too tight, but Sarah has a very well defined waist, so she was going to be damned if she let that go unnoticed. The same applied to her wedding dress - it cinched in her waist as tightly as possible.

3. Chest exposure. Sarah's 1986 wedding dress and the suit for Harry's wedding highlighted Sarah's chest, which is a good feature of hers that demonstrates the long neck she has, which often goes unnoticed.

4. Her hair was done properly. Sarah's red hair is a trademark and too often it looks messy. She should probably cut it given her penchant for just letting it fly, but she seems to love her long hair, so it's unlikely to happen. Her hair for Harry's wedding was perfect and seriously coiffed.

5. Makeup. Sarah often goes completely natural and it doesn't even look like she has moisturizer on her skin. Not this time. She was clearly wearing a lot of makeup given the state of Sarah's skin but whoever applied it did a marvellous job because it looked quite natural. It softened her features favourably.

On top of that, Sarah did not load up on jewels, wore simple shoes and had an excellent, but unfussy hat on. Bottom line: she looked like a Duchess and someone who was an HRH.

For Eugenie's wedding, I think she would look wonderful in a suit in the style Doria Ragland wore. Perhaps in a merlot colour. The A-line style is her friend given that her hips are the bane of her existence.

Sarah looks lovely, except that once again the dress is a little bit too tight.

Sarah looks great though I'm not a fan of the weird strap around her neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom