The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love jewel tones on ladies of her colouring.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful color and style on Sarah; the neckline is just lovely and the sequined shoulder band adds nice interest.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

At the Marie Curie affair the dress which is cut away has Fergie wearing a bra underneath and the straps are showing and the green though a good colour on her shows all really she should loss some wt and the wear all these fitted gowns I was once a huge supportor here but my patience is running out with her .. IMO and this is only IMO she should get back into shape and stay out of those gowns til she does.
I know it's a bit harsh but there it is. IMO
Old 06-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sarah is one of those people that no matter what she does or what she wears, she's one of those that just can't seem to carry things off. I'm like that too no matter what I wear. Some ladies seem to be able to throw on anything and look like they just stepped out of a glossy magazine... even a burlap bag.

We have to remember too that Sarah is in her 50s and its the time of life when lots of women find their figures going south and there's just not anything that can change that. Actually for being over 50, Sarah really doesn't look too bad at all as far as I can see. Its more of what she does that worries me.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Sarah has always looked best in things that are tailored, and I suppose that's a hard thing to achieve in an evening dress unless it's an expensive couture dress with the proper support sewn in. If things aren't fitted on Sarah, she doesn't look right. I think that the colour looks nice on her, though, and her necklace sets off her dress beautifully.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look I'm her age and staying in shape is hard I totally agree but I am just an ordinary person with job life etc and I do it.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Sarah at The Novak Djokovic Foundation's inaugural dinner at Capitale in New York City on September 12, 2012, wearing the black evening dress again, she has worn several times before, as well as her special butterfly clutch, we've seen before:

** Full view **
Old 09-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Serene Highness

Unfortunately it doesn't do a thing for her.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nicely said Duchessmary NOTHING FOR HER.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah, Duchess of York on the Today programme

Pic
Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukroyalist View Post
Sarah, Duchess of York on the Today programme

Pic
Very modest.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Sarah at The Novak Djokovic Foundation's inaugural dinner at Capitale in New York City on September 12, 2012, wearing the black evening dress again, she has worn several times before, as well as her special butterfly clutch, we've seen before:

** Full view **
Sadly the weight is back... so the angle of the picture might not be the best one (see picture in Bea's tread for a better one) but the dresse does a little for Sarah: It's age-appropriate, the lenght is good, black is a classic and gives her presence (she doesn't disappear like Bea with her pale colored dress and she can pull it with the right makeup which she obliviouslu has on), the loose top balances her body (the hips are larger and there is a belly now that the weight is back) and the transparent sleeves are a little sexy touch plus they also narrow her shoulders (which are wider because the weight is....). So Sarah had a nice dress!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not a nice dress! Should be a lesson in how to emphasize figure flaws. No excuse.
Same with the too tight black sheath on TV show, she is wearing clothes that would be great on someone else.
I agree Bertie 525, her age is not a pass .
Old 09-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sitting on a sttol OMG what could be a worse idea when carrying the wt ... the dress is black nothing to say about it but she can do so much better.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Courtier

Poor Sarah - she certainly didn't choose to sit on a stool as it does nothing good for anyone.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
Poor Sarah - she certainly didn't choose to sit on a stool as it does nothing good for anyone.
She may not have chosen to sit on a stool but she may have been prepared that she MIGHT have to after watching other tv shows and seeing how the guests were seated.
The chances that she was going to be seated were probably very high. She should have chosen a dress that was looser and longer and didn't squeeze like crazy when she sat down. She could have tried sitting down in a chair in front of a mirror and tested the dress. And checked how the arms looked too.
A lot of people don't have perfect figures, but it is amazing what the proper fit and fabric and a good sleeve or neckline can do.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator

Sarah at the Official Launch of the Carlos Acosta International Dance Foundation in London on September 19, 2012, wearing black again and butterfly shoes

** Full view **
Old 09-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Serene Highness

I wish she would lose the shoes and choose a pretty color.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Sarah on October 11, 2012 in New York City.
She was reading 'Ballerina Rosie' to Rosie's Theater Kids.
- The outfit
- Close up

I think Sarah looks quite nice. The dress is in a nice colour, it fits, it's not too short and not too "open".
Yep, this is a great look for Sarah.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator

I also liked that dress on her!

Yesterday evening Sarah attended the Not for Sale's Inaugural Gala in New York City wearing a long black dress and her trademark the butterfly bag.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Tags
fashion and style, sarah duchess of york