Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2012 - June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, quite lovely from the waste up lovely. Otherwise TMT (too much taffeta)! I never thought I'd see the return of the 80s fashion but it sure seems to me there's been a trend.

I think the colour of Sonja's latest gown is wonderful, but that's about it. I agree with Missy- that there's too much taffeta.

It is not a dress for Italy and its Fashion !

If Haakon and MM had made the trip, I'd expect MM to try and knock it out of the park fashion wise to match Italy (like Maxima tried in Paris with some hits and misses). I don't expect, maybe wrongly, the same with the older queens. I don't expect Sonja to try and rock the 'high fashion' look any more than I'd expect it from Liz (though she is younger). That said, less taffeta would definitely be encouraged.

She looks lovely in the pictures. Personally, I like the printed dress - love the vibrant colours - and the last creamy yellow outfit the best. I like her shoes here.

Not especially keen on the blue trousers, I think the colour is slightly off with the jacket.

I think the black and white would be so much better without the black tights, flat shoes and different shaped skirt - either longer or more tailored. From the waist down she appears to be channelling her inner chamber maid.

They've certainly been lucky with the weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the upper half and her jewels, but the weird scalloped tiers are bad. :ermm:

Though a bit odd, a senior version of frozen, I actually like astrid the best tonight.

Last edited:
The yellow gown is one of her worst looks.

How much better would the top half of the Queen's outfit have looked teamed with say a slimline or bell-shaped skirt of deep ivory or of grey satin? I'm sorry, but the yellow skirt looked like a frilly valance from a circa 1950s bed! I like Queen Sonja but that outfit made Crown Princess Mette Marit following behind look good, and as MM has a rather eccentric taste in eveningwear a lot of the time that says everything really.

Last edited:
Queen Sonja is a very elegant and classy lady!

Queen Sonja in a nice shade of orange-red on day 1 of the State Visit from Iceland today, March 21:

** Full view **

Okay I may be alone, but I actually like the day look. I love the vibrant coat and hat :flowers:

But the evening is beautiful, stunning color :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom