Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2012 - June 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Sonja's Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2004 - March 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I guess I'll start this thread with Her Majesty's latest look.

Queen Sonja wore a purple coat for a visit Granebo Outdoor Nursery School with the Duchess of Cornwall. The coat is lovely, as is the scarf but the headgear ... Now, I understand its practicality in pouring rain but still! Let's just say I prefer the Duchess of Cornwall's approach to the weather issue. :whistling:
Underneath, Queen Sonja wore purple jacket and black skirt, paired with lovely black shoes and her favourite Chanel bag. This look is absolutely beautiful; very elegant and feminine, while remaining business-like.

Last edited:
Loving the yellow 'hat' here! :D Purple suits her, it was a nice outfit IMO.

I love the purple and black outfit.Minus the yellow hat!

Oh yes, the yellow fisherman's hat is perfect accessory. :lol:
I had a similar hat as a child and loved it.

Love the purple suit...
The DOC has more fashionable raingear....:D:lol:

I love that pink outfit! So elegant!

The daily outfits is much beautiful :)
I don't like the combination of the dress for official dinner, especially the bottom of the dress.

Queen Sonja wore an elegant silver and cream suit for today's Lunch with the Monarchs.
I really like every detail of the ensemble, especially the lovely bag.
- Full view
- Back view

Queen Sonja chose a red evening dress for the dinner hosted by Prince Charles and Camilla.
The dress will probably look good without the shawl, but as it is, there is just too much red for my taste.
- [URL="http://imageupper.com/i/?S0500010070101Q1337441343119574"]Full view 1
[/URL] - [URL="http://imageupper.com/i/?S0500010070111Q1337441343119574"]Full view 2
[/URL]

Last edited:
Too much for me. I wonder what it looks like without the shawl.

Oh, no, no, that overwhelming red is too much for me as well and for Sonja! I like vibrant colors, but in moderation, and the shawl is overkill, especially with the ruffle, IMO. I wish she wore a jeweled pin in her hair instead of the red ribbon. But I do like her day look; a lovely color, fabric and style.

Queen Sonia's ensembles are classic and lovely.

Hate the first outfit. Though I think the second and third are lovely.

I like the peach suit and the white blazer, but really dislike the orange and striped outfit which makes her look even shorter.

I sincerely love that she wore 3 different outfits in a 10-hour period when the same thing could have easily suffice for all the occasions - it's your birthday, love, wear as many clothes as you want. ;) I like them all, but I think my favorite is the red and purple stripes. It's unique without being weird.

I love Sonja's style. She looks great for age 75!
The red and purple stripe is so striking on her and the colors are very flattering.
Her hair looks nice, too. It's a little shorter and more feminine.

Queen Sonja recycled one of the combinations from May 31 for an exhibition opening yesterday, June 14:

** Full view ** May 2012 **

Not her best and not her worst look. The cut is nice, but I don't really like the purple stripes...

I think both are horrid! Especially the orange outfit!

Queen Sonja tonight attending the premiere of the film "Kon-Tiki" at the Opera House in Oslo.
full view

Last edited:
The gala dinner gown was lovely. Today's outfit wasn't that nice, IMO. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom