Queen Sofia's Fashion and Style Part 3: April 2016 - February 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabulous.

Every inch a Queen. Look at those fantastic pearls and the broche. The colour matches the purple-and-white sashes of the Real y Militar Orden de San Hermenegildo worn by Don Juan Carlos and Don Felipe.

On television the robe worn by Doña Sofía had a metallic colour which is not seen in these pictures. It was a very rich look.

Picture

Last edited:
Too bad Sofia chose one of her ugliest dresses for this special event. When she was Queen, she looked a million times better.
Now she looks as if she had torn one of the curtains down and used them for a dress or got inspired by the wall paper.
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS2raQzWAAAlCUu.jpg

Metalic is right, she looks like she is wearing wrapping paper. If not metallic, I would say curtains or the couch upholstery. And the style is a housecoat.

As for the 'amazing jewels', how do you even see the brooch in all of that :ermm: The peek of pearls around her neck is hardly showing off the regal jewels.

This morning, on my crystalclear OLED television, watching TVe Internacional "En Directo de Madrid" I had no any problems to see the glitter from the broche and the eyepopping pendant at the lush pearl collier. It was a festive sight, the robe in rich fabrics (silk satin duchesse?) was luxurious.

The fabric appears to be a rich, silk brocade - I do think it is very beautiful but the shine of the material is highlighted more because of the flash photography and TV lights.

I'd like to see the jacket again worn with a plain fabric skirt as that might tone things down bit for those who think it is "too much"!

Last edited:
Just a big NO in the rich silk satin brocade...........it is not the fabric, it is the very design on the fabric that is the problem, that what ever it is design is way to much for her, it over powers her and takes over her figure. It is a walking wallpaper or wrapping paper look.......something more subtle would have been more appropriate for the occasion, this is a subtle occasion not a glamours ball she is going to. How can the great jewels be seen and enjoyed in this background.....this is one of the worst outfit next to the PJ's I have ever seen on her. :ohmy:

Not a fan of Sofia's outfit today either, the design is quite unattractive to my eyes and I also agree with M. Payton that something more subtle would have been better, as she looks rather out of place here. Sofia normally looks so elegant but this look is a big miss. The outfit also seems to be rather tight on her.

Queen Sofia elegant in a black coat at the inauguration of the new lighting of the papal Basilica of St. Mary Major in Vatican City today, January 19:

** Full view **

Classy and elegant in black but something that comes so natural to queen Sofia.

Very casual outfit by queen Sofia who is normally better dressed than this at events,the outfit looked better with the scarf.

I can't make out if its a coat and a purple dress underneath or a jacket/skirt and purple blouse,either way its a very elegant look on a very proud looking queen Sofia.

Very elegant outfit on Queen Sofia with her trademark brooch adding a nice regal touch.

Queen Sofia at the HM Puerta del Sur hospital's AC HM CINAC Neuroscience Center in Madrid today, February 2nd:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Not her best choice today for the sports awards ,the outfit is ok but queen has looked better in the past.

Very pretty colours! An elegant and stylish look for Queen Sofia.

I know JC has been plagued by health issues but Sofia has aged so much better than he has.

The fabric appears to be a rich, silk brocade - I do think it is very beautiful but the shine of the material is highlighted more because of the flash photography and TV lights.

I'd like to see the jacket again worn with a plain fabric skirt as that might tone things down bit for those who think it is "too much"!

Actually don't know how I personally think about fabric but style and cut of outfit very nice on Queen. I believe she is following the new course for the "woman over 70" which designers are saying to eliminate most plain cloths and "brighten" outfit with larger and bolder colors in cloth to enhance an older skin and detract from wrinkles. Seems everyone at fashion shows recently were spouting the same retort in exactly the same sentence. Must have been given the same memo to recite. Actually since I am well over that age I could care less what a 20 or 30 year old tells me what I should buy. But, I am not in public eye and I am sure that the Queen takes advise from her dresser on what is new and will try to take her/his advise.

Sofia looks great. Love the colours on her. I like how they're bright without being overly summery.

Nice simple and relaxed outfit on queen Sofia ,can't really make out what brooch she has on but its a nice touch as always.

Queen Sofia looking lovely at a ceremony to celebrate King Juan Carlos' 80's birthday at the Spanish Real Academy of History in Madrid today, March 5:

Queen Sofia looking lovely in soft pink at the award ceremony of the Queen Sofia Prize for Painting and Sculpture today, March 8:

Last edited:
Ii is now official : Sofia is taller than Leonor!!!
lovely outfits for all, except QL, this kind of pants looks unappropriate

The better dressed queen today ,the traditional Easter Egg necklace looks a little larger than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom