Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 5: November 2010 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen!

wonderful dress I love traditional dresses and I think that one is quit pretty one.
great choice from Rania

This dress is great, it's a mix of Caftan and Thoub:flowers:, maybe Rania is reading our comments, and decided to wear dresses inspired from the culture she's representing;)

Any idea who's the designer?

Magnificent piece! of course whatever she wears, she is so beautiful!

What is the difference between a caftan and a thub?

What is the difference between a caftan and a thub?
well frist caftan is from Morocco and thoub is from Jordan/Palestine:D
I think there is a difference about cut,lengh of the dress and the embroidery caftan is basically can be one piece but most of the time is two pieces and even tree while thoub only one piece.

This dress is just divine! One of the best pieces worn by Queen Rania!

This is up there to be nominated for one of the most beautiful gowns worn by a royal.

This is an amazing dress/thoub and the embroidery on it is amazing.

I think this is another great creation by Kumbaz
Are you sure :ermm:? Because I checked in their webiste, and there's no such as Thoub/Caftan.
Mademoiselle Lilo said:
this a very beautiful thoub with great cut and embroidery work the Queen looks stunning.
but i don't think this her best traditional dress i've see Queen Rania in better dresses.
I agree with you, that's a beautiful Thoub/Caftan, but it's not her most beautiful one, The most beautiful dresses she had worn ever with a traditional touch are the Caftans inspired from Moroccan ones and designed by Elie Saab, the beige one worn on King Abdallah investiture on 1999 and the blue one worn for Arab women summit on 2002, they were just stunning, I hope she will wear them again, especially the blue one:flowers:

Last edited:
Are you sure :ermm:? Because I checked in their webiste, and there's no such as Thoub/Caftan.

I agree with you, that's a beautiful Thoub/Caftan, but it's not her most beautiful one, The most beautiful dresses she had worn ever with a traditional touch are the Caftans inspired from Moroccan ones and designed by Elie Saab, the beige one worn on King Abdallah investiture on 1999 and the blue one worn for Arab women summit on 2002, they were just stunning, I hope she will wear them again, especially the blue one:flowers:
Iam not 100% sure but they have made similar dresses on their site they only have a small part of their creations.

I also would like see again the blue dress that she wore during the Arab Women Summit in 2002 but Queen hasn´t recycled many of her evening dresses.

I also would like see again the blue dress that she wore during the Arab Women Summit in 2002 but Queen hasn´t recycled many of her evening dresses.

She recycled the stunning beige Caftan, but I prefer the original design, when she wore it 10 years later, she altered the hands, I didn't like that.

That's a wonderful thoub.I agree with Elly C that it can be listed as one of the best worn gown by a royal.
I looked at Kumbaz web site,their dresses are great.Some have been worn by princess Haya and queen Rania too.Infortunatly,it seems not all the collection is shown on their site.

The thoub from April 7 is stunning, perhaps one of the best I have ever seen!
I should add a Jordanian thoub to my wardrobe soon! :wub:

I liked the design but not the color

Yes the embroidery is great and I also like the dress but is too much red.

I wasn't impressed by the dress at first glance but the close-up of the embroidery is lovely. Doesn't she also have this clutch in a different colour? I think CP Mary of Denmark also has it in brown.

Actually I like the dress very much , it's pretty elegant & suits Queen Rania Very much , she looks Nice & her hair is Nice too . , I love this color , Dark red , yes indeed I agree it's too much red , all over ,, but she looks Nice , that too much doesn't ruined the look
Thank you for posting Salma :)

Last edited:
I like the dress and I like the red.

I would've chosen another color for the bag and shoes, but other than those quibbles, I liked it!

I wasn't impressed by the dress at first glance but the close-up of the embroidery is lovely. Doesn't she also have this clutch in a different colour? I think CP Mary of Denmark also has it in brown.

Queen Rania and CP Mary of Denmark both have this clutch. It is by Bottega Veneta, and is quite popular. I have seen it, as well, on Princess Madeleine of Sweden.

Queen has same clutch in black colour. Also Noor Asem has one.

I like the dress and I like the red.

I would've chosen another color for the bag and shoes, but other than those quibbles, I liked it!
Well she wore brown shoes.

September 26, 2013 - Queen Rania in New York wearing a lovely floor length red gown.

Beautiful and simple gown but very elegant at the same time. This would've been a great look with hair pulled back or up.

Close up ** Full view

Nice gown but the hairdo ruined the look somehow ... she looked tired also

September 26, 2013 - Queen Rania in New York wearing a lovely floor length red gown.

Beautiful and simple gown but very elegant at the same time. This would've been a great look with hair pulled back or up.

Close up ** Full view
You are right about hair. A sleek ponytail or an updo would have been much better. The dress is lovely. Is it by Roland Mouret or Antonio Berardi?

the dress is stunning a perfectiopn on Queen Rania but the hair not that much i join the opinion above an updo would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom