The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Courtier

The colour is good for olive skin but would look better if her hair was its natural dark brunette color. This golden tone she has detracts from her skin and the bangs do not suit her. I am thinking it is good to see her in some color but her style has definitely bottomed out and seems to be very hit and miss these days. I think she looks her age despite procedures and the heavy foundation she wears makes her age more apparent and makes her look older than she really is. She needs to use a lighter touch with makeup and get a good stylist. An elegant updo would have looked better with this dress.

I would like to see her style evolve and a little more experimentation.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

December 14, 2010 - Queen Rania in a blue long dress with a black belt in Kuwait for a charity dinner.
Personally I think this is a lovely dress and a beautiful color. The cut is quite flattering & I do love how its quite fitted with quite an open neckline. I really don't mind the belt on this dress, in fact i think it makes it look even nicer.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Old 12-15-2010, 03:46 AM
Courtier

Nice color for her and better in terms of style
Old 12-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

I really like this dress. It suits very well on Rania. I expecially like the colour and the style of the neckline.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

liked it more than the one in Bahrain !
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 12-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

Erk! Why doesn't she have her hair styled? Why is it hanging in her face like that?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

the blue dress is another stunning choice from the Queen during this trip.i like the collar of the dress makes the dress looks special and simple in the same time the black belt this time was a great addition.
love the earrings and the hair.

Humera thanks for the pictures great find and work.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
The colour is good for olive skin but would look better if her hair was its natural dark brunette color. This golden tone she has detracts from her skin and the bangs do not suit her. I am thinking it is good to see her in some color but her style has definitely bottomed out and seems to be very hit and miss these days. I think she looks her age despite procedures and the heavy foundation she wears makes her age more apparent and makes her look older than she really is. She needs to use a lighter touch with makeup and get a good stylist. An elegant updo would have looked better with this dress.

I would like to see her style evolve and a little more experimentation.
I'm in total agreement with you, yamamah! I don't like her current hairdo and believe she needs to have it improved as Duchessmary said. Personally I find part of the hair pulled back boring in Rania's case... She can do better... I'm also missing her natural dark color and hope she'll get back to it one day.
The dress is truly fashionable and the color divine! That was a good choice of Rania
Old 12-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania's gala dress is a nice choice. I liked an asymmetric neckline enlivened a dress and emphasised its fluid simplicity. I wonder about the designer. It has got elements used by Mrs. Beckham or Roland Mouret. However, I do not like the make up and hairstyle
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 12-16-2010, 10:51 AM
Courtier

I loved the red dress especially the design around the neck, it is very flattering. The blue-purple dress...I didn't like it at all. Bad choice in my opinion.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:55 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

The red dress is beautiful.

December 14, 2010 Kuwait- Full view
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I like the dress but I think as Xavi she could repeat some old dresses. She wore similar dress last September, the only difference is that the blue dress that she wore in September had a short skirt.

Queen Rania wore two similar dresses before: Lanvin´s dresses
Old 12-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Nobility

I thought the red dress and especially the blue dress were actually quite boring. The only thing I appreciated about them was that they had some colour—I'm tired of all the black, navy blue and brown. I'd like to see a dress with a print or with some other kind of real omph, such as an evening thobe.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari View Post
I thought the red dress and especially the blue dress were actually quite boring. The only thing I appreciated about them was that they had some colour—I'm tired of all the black, navy blue and brown. I'd like to see a dress with a print or with some other kind of real omph, such as an evening thobe.
I agree with you Adamari. I am tired of the neutral colors or the dismal colors and although the colors were nice the dresses were nothing special but better than what she has recently been wearing. She has access to the best designers in the world so I don't know why she dresses in such a boring way. Even the grand old royals like Elizabeth of England have more pizzazz when it comes to evening wear. For me, Rania is too much into starlet glamor or Hollywood actress style but without their flair or daring. She has had some stunning evening gowns in the past especially in her earlier years where the cost could be justified because of state visits. I would like to see a return to that for these official visits. Save the boring stuff for private visits like the prize collecting trips to the USA
Old 12-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
The red dress is beautiful.

December 14, 2010 Kuwait- Full view

I like the dress but I think as Xavi she could repeat some old dresses. She wore similar dress last September, the only difference is that the blue dress that she wore in September had a short skirt.

The dress looks nice, especially the color!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Royal Highness

It is pretty indeed, I like the earrings she picked out and the plain necklace.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Nobility

I loved how the blue dress looked on Rania. the color was really pretty, and the neckline quite flattering. I think her choice of jewelry was really pretty. I also liked the red dress on her. It is nice to see her in pretty colors. Although I liked the way the blue dress fit Rainia, I thought it was quite simple/plain. Not that she needs to be decked out in sequins and glitter, but I think it was a little too simple for the occasion. That being said, if I had seen the material closer, maybe I would have changed my mind. If it was made of silk or some "fancier" fabric, then maybe it would be a little more formal. But still a pretty dress IMO. My mom would have called the dress "elegant simplicity".
Old 12-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
I cannot remember the blue dress. She looks beautiful in this picture, not so skinny.
Do you have more pictures? When did she wore it?
Old 12-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quathae View Post
I loved how the blue dress looked on Rania. the color was really pretty, and the neckline quite flattering. I think her choice of jewelry was really pretty. I also liked the red dress on her. It is nice to see her in pretty colors. Although I liked the way the blue dress fit Rainia, I thought it was quite simple/plain. Not that she needs to be decked out in sequins and glitter, but I think it was a little too simple for the occasion. That being said, if I had seen the material closer, maybe I would have changed my mind. If it was made of silk or some "fancier" fabric, then maybe it would be a little more formal. But still a pretty dress IMO. My mom would have called the dress "elegant simplicity".
I lik this "term" and I'd agree with your mom at this point. It is plain and the balck (nice) belly is its only ornament. But this time I'd like to see something more too. After all, Rania is a queen!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

The Dec. 14 dress is gorgeous indeed. Just an objection: though I like this shade of blue, I'm not so sure whether it looks that good on Rania. Darker blue shades suit her more.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Courtier

The blue dress is gorgeous! The neckline makes it look elegant. I luv these type of necklines they make a simple dress (or blouse) look more stylish.

Tags
queen rania, queen ranias eveningwear, queen ranias fashion and style