Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 5: November 2010 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soraya: totally agree about Elie Saab. You can't go wrong with that designer. One of my faves!

I also really dislike her make-up for night events.It's too heavy as in this pic posted by Dazzling in another thread
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

But arent evening events required heavier make up than daytime events? I think she looked all right and its good seeing her with that much make up than going all natural like at the glamours awards in the States.

Here is a better view of the dress (full view)

I liked the color but not sure if suits her ; but really her dresses are similar in style .. and this make up hair do ( which I feel she uses the same in USA visit ) really does not suit her and make her older , while lighter make up and hairdo that she used in her daily appearance in the same visit is much better even in the gala dinner !

Her evening dresses might all look quite similar but then I think she has found her style in evening dresses and she sticks to that particular style because she feels comfortable. She does not seem to be a person who goes for taffeta and puffy dresses.
I'll admit its boring for us but thats her style I guess for evening wear.

Very beautiful dress, very Q Rania!! The colour looks amazing on her and I loved the light pink belt, great idea! She looks stunning, IMO.:flowers:

quit nice dress i like it the cut suit Rania figure.
i am not sure if the color suit her though.
isn't the same dress she wore in Jordan during the Turkish presiden visit?

quit nice dress i like it the cut suit Rania figure.
i am not sure if the color suit her though.

I dont remember the dress, do you have a picture?

Here's another full view:http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2010/PPE10121304.jpg
It's difficult to tell if the belt is the same colour as the dress or a lighter shade, the lighting is different in all the photos. I think it might just be the same colour in a silkier fabric.
I really like this dress. QR has worn this colour in the past, I think it suites her, most colours do because of her complexion.

no that was a different dress, here's a picture along with a few other dresses in a similar shade of red:
1. October 13, 2008 - Hungarian visit
2. December 1, 2009 - Turkish visit
3. April 23, 2010 - Chicago

These are just some of the examples, she has worn other outfits in a similar colour as well as other shades of red (the parsimon red dresses she wore during the State visit to Italy and during the US visit in September)

Here's another full view:http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2010/PPE10121304.jpg
It's difficult to tell if the belt is the same colour as the dress or a lighter shade, the lighting is different in all the photos. I think it might just be the same colour in a silkier fabric.
I really like this dress. QR has worn this colour in the past, I think it suites her, most colours do because of her complexion.

no that was a different dress, here's a picture along with a few other dresses in a similar shade of red:
1. October 13, 2008 - Hungarian visit
2. December 1, 2009 - Turkish visit
3. April 23, 2010 - Chicago

These are just some of the examples, she has worn other outfits in a similar colour as well as other shades of red (the parsimon red dresses she wore during the State visit to Italy and during the US visit in September)

She definitelly loves belts!

The colour is good for olive skin but would look better if her hair was its natural dark brunette color. This golden tone she has detracts from her skin and the bangs do not suit her. I am thinking it is good to see her in some color but her style has definitely bottomed out and seems to be very hit and miss these days. I think she looks her age despite procedures and the heavy foundation she wears makes her age more apparent and makes her look older than she really is. She needs to use a lighter touch with makeup and get a good stylist. An elegant updo would have looked better with this dress.

I would like to see her style evolve and a little more experimentation.

December 14, 2010 - Queen Rania in a blue long dress with a black belt in Kuwait for a charity dinner.
Personally I think this is a lovely dress and a beautiful color. The cut is quite flattering & I do love how its quite fitted with quite an open neckline. I really don't mind the belt on this dress, in fact i think it makes it look even nicer.

Nice color for her and better in terms of style

I really like this dress. It suits very well on Rania. I expecially like the colour and the style of the neckline.

liked it more than the one in Bahrain !

Erk! Why doesn't she have her hair styled? Why is it hanging in her face like that? :D

the blue dress is another stunning choice from the Queen during this trip.i like the collar of the dress makes the dress looks special and simple in the same time the black belt this time was a great addition.
love the earrings and the hair.

Humera thanks for the pictures great find and work.

The colour is good for olive skin but would look better if her hair was its natural dark brunette color. This golden tone she has detracts from her skin and the bangs do not suit her. I am thinking it is good to see her in some color but her style has definitely bottomed out and seems to be very hit and miss these days. I think she looks her age despite procedures and the heavy foundation she wears makes her age more apparent and makes her look older than she really is. She needs to use a lighter touch with makeup and get a good stylist. An elegant updo would have looked better with this dress.

I would like to see her style evolve and a little more experimentation.
I'm in total agreement with you, yamamah! I don't like her current hairdo and believe she needs to have it improved as Duchessmary said. Personally I find part of the hair pulled back boring in Rania's case... She can do better... I'm also missing her natural dark color and hope she'll get back to it one day.
The dress is truly fashionable and the color divine! That was a good choice of Rania:cool:

Queen Rania's gala dress is a nice choice. I liked an asymmetric neckline enlivened a dress and emphasised its fluid simplicity. I wonder about the designer. It has got elements used by Mrs. Beckham or Roland Mouret. However, I do not like the make up and hairstyle

I loved the red dress especially the design around the neck, it is very flattering. The blue-purple dress...I didn't like it at all. Bad choice in my opinion.

I thought the red dress and especially the blue dress were actually quite boring. The only thing I appreciated about them was that they had some colour—I'm tired of all the black, navy blue and brown. I'd like to see a dress with a print or with some other kind of real omph, such as an evening thobe.

I thought the red dress and especially the blue dress were actually quite boring. The only thing I appreciated about them was that they had some colour—I'm tired of all the black, navy blue and brown. I'd like to see a dress with a print or with some other kind of real omph, such as an evening thobe.

I agree with you Adamari. I am tired of the neutral colors or the dismal colors and although the colors were nice the dresses were nothing special but better than what she has recently been wearing. She has access to the best designers in the world so I don't know why she dresses in such a boring way. Even the grand old royals like Elizabeth of England have more pizzazz when it comes to evening wear. For me, Rania is too much into starlet glamor or Hollywood actress style but without their flair or daring. She has had some stunning evening gowns in the past especially in her earlier years where the cost could be justified because of state visits. I would like to see a return to that for these official visits. Save the boring stuff for private visits like the prize collecting trips to the USA ;)

The red dress is beautiful.

December 14, 2010 Kuwait- Full view
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

I like the dress but I think as Xavi she could repeat some old dresses. She wore similar dress last September, the only difference is that the blue dress that she wore in September had a short skirt.

Queen Rania wore two similar dresses before: Lanvin´s dresses

The dress looks nice, especially the color!

It is pretty indeed, I like the earrings she picked out and the plain necklace.

I loved how the blue dress looked on Rania. the color was really pretty, and the neckline quite flattering. I think her choice of jewelry was really pretty. I also liked the red dress on her. It is nice to see her in pretty colors. Although I liked the way the blue dress fit Rainia, I thought it was quite simple/plain. Not that she needs to be decked out in sequins and glitter, but I think it was a little too simple for the occasion. That being said, if I had seen the material closer, maybe I would have changed my mind. If it was made of silk or some "fancier" fabric, then maybe it would be a little more formal. But still a pretty dress IMO. My mom would have called the dress "elegant simplicity".

I loved how the blue dress looked on Rania. the color was really pretty, and the neckline quite flattering. I think her choice of jewelry was really pretty. I also liked the red dress on her. It is nice to see her in pretty colors. Although I liked the way the blue dress fit Rainia, I thought it was quite simple/plain. Not that she needs to be decked out in sequins and glitter, but I think it was a little too simple for the occasion. That being said, if I had seen the material closer, maybe I would have changed my mind. If it was made of silk or some "fancier" fabric, then maybe it would be a little more formal. But still a pretty dress IMO. My mom would have called the dress "elegant simplicity".
I lik this "term" and I'd agree with your mom at this point. It is plain and the balck (nice) belly is its only ornament. But this time I'd like to see something more too. After all, Rania is a queen! :)

The Dec. 14 dress is gorgeous indeed. Just an objection: though I like this shade of blue, I'm not so sure whether it looks that good on Rania. Darker blue shades suit her more.;)

The blue dress is gorgeous! The neckline makes it look elegant. I luv these type of necklines they make a simple dress (or blouse) look more stylish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom